RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone wants to be admin or gm

Everyone wants to be admin or gm

I just gotta say - W T F ! Every 30 minutes I get paged by some 12 or 14 year old Uberwannabe wanting me to make them an admin. Its a same but I guess I'll quit answering pages.

Just had to rant - I am the kinda guy that if I igonore just one - JUST ONE DAMN IT it will be a serious issue that needs attention.

Radwen

Wanderer
Wee just registered on a shard for some PvM !
No implication what so ever ! Just some mindless, thoughtless bashing ..

Side effects from beeing and admin for a few years ...

stormwolff

Knight
Almrac Avanti said:
I just gotta say - W T F ! Every 30 minutes I get paged by some 12 or 14 year old Uberwannabe wanting me to make them an admin. Its a same but I guess I'll quit answering pages.

Just had to rant - I am the kinda guy that if I igonore just one - JUST ONE DAMN IT it will be a serious issue that needs attention.

Cn I BE a Gmzor on ur shardz?

Courageous

Wanderer
I just gotta say - W T F ! Every 30 minutes I get paged by some 12 or 14 year old Uberwannabe wanting me to make them an admin.

Easily handled. Make a list. Anyone whoever asks is forever forbidden. Put it in the header for your TOS, always shown on login.

C//

big_cat

Wanderer
I have in my TOS that if you ask to be staff
1. If its your first login u will will be instabanned
2. If you have been playing for a while on the shard you just killed your chances at becoming staff by asking.
3. When we want staff we will choose staff, based solely on who we think deserves it.

Seems to work for us, we still get the odd arse who thinks they should still ask BUT not often

Peoharen

Sorceror
zachseitz said:
Post on your shard description: "NOT HIRING" In BIG BOLD LETTERS! :]
Kinda a big waste, we only get so manay letters to describe our shard anyway.
Maybe a uog addon thing for their next versiom chould list NOT HIRING in BIG BOLD LETTERS for evey shard that asks. :D

P.S. Cn I bE a GaMeZMaZtor On uR sHaRd? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachseitz
Post on your shard description: "NOT HIRING" In BIG BOLD LETTERS! :]

Kinda a big waste, we only get so manay letters to describe our shard anyway.
Maybe a uog addon thing for their next versiom chould list NOT HIRING in BIG BOLD LETTERS for evey shard that asks. :D

P.S. Cn I bE a GaMeZMaZtor On uR sHaRd? :p
Even in big bold letters it doesn't help. I still get a ton of people begging.

Peoharen

Sorceror
Hmm maybe the profanity filter can have a mod to kick anyone who says "can i" and <stafflevel> in the same setance. it whould be the best thing since butter and bread :cool:

nomad707

Knight
most people that ask to be gm or admin, on my shard, are usually 12-15 year olds who have no expeirence, and are more persistant then hell! it is annoynig, but like someone else said, BIG BOLD LETTERS NOT HIRING
lol

IliusMondavi

Wanderer
How about this

Making a quest, the player has to find chest on a distant isle. On the way are many monsters and the isle itself is covered in monsters, traps, and pitfalls.

If the players survive and can make it to the chest, they have to bring it in person to the admin. The admin opens the chest revealilng a book.

The book says. We are not hiring - try again in the future.

I'm not evil honest

bzk90

Lord
though the age range does tend to be 12-15 Admins certainly shouldnt make decisions completely based on ones age when it comes to hiring. there are several very good UO GMs in the runuo community and many of them are 12-15 (usualy because they have more time to dedicate to the perfection of the skills) *note* anyone asking ingame to be staff is just a trouble maker

wasnt there a thread about this like a week ago?

TheSarrow

Wanderer
Back when my old shard was going i use to 1st warn them and then if they keep it up banned the IP for X amount of time. 3rd time i make it pernament.

I didnt have much trubble though with people asking though.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Hah, I do something to that, I tell them "Go to web page" Send them the link, wait ten seconds and [kick

=]

Im 16 and I have only asked to be staff on 3 shards, one brand new, and two I had played on for a long while...