RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone wants to be admin or gm

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
Courageous said:
...a juvenile court, they wouldn't get a felony count...

No, but their parents will strip their ass bare of skin when you sue their parents. Lawsuits subsequent to any kind of criminal conviction are simply impossible to escape, on the grounds that criminal courts use tougher standards of proof than the civil courts. That's... like their house, man.

C//
to the court issue your talking about, the fact of the matter is, hacking is becoming to of a felony then probably murder as of now, because of how the world is working, think about it, everything is controlled by computers, remember the love bug? the Girl! who made that got over 70 years in jail! NO BAIL! and that was a harmless virus, compaird to the one's that can be made, for explamble, a virus, that acts like a worm, attached to a random pop up, that as soon as it is it, opens within the computer's IP adress, and searchs out all other ip address that have been conntected to that computer, and so on and so fourht, until the virus infects every computer, and is it possible? it is, because everyone in the world now is connected through 6-9 people because of the internet, and think of how fast it would spread, within a second it could infect over a million computers, and if u add damage virus' to it say to, over ride and burn out your mother board, that would cause a massive world wide internet crash, and the "internet" would no longer be around, and computers are all hooked up to a type of internet, or a computer that is hooked up to the internet, so in the basics of this, yes, it would be a CRIMINAL court case. *fyi the virus i jsut named and descripted is called the E.G.G. virus.*

Courageous

Wanderer
If one is caught for doing a DDOS attack, one can count on being in more trouble than one can possibly imagine. DDOS's represent multiple counts of federal felonies, each count carrying with it 10 years in prison. Theoretically. This is a life-ruiner, yes.

C//

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
agree

Courageous said:
If one is caught for doing a DDOS attack, one can count on being in more trouble than one can possibly imagine. DDOS's represent multiple counts of federal felonies, each count carrying with it 10 years in prison. Theoretically. This is a life-ruiner, yes.

C//
yes, thats true, and there is a firewall, that i personally enjoy having around, what it does, is if it catchs anyone sending a virus, it will stop the transfer (also works agaisnt hackers) and releases the virus into the sender's computer. it is helpful for hosts on shards. but it costs ALOT! might as well cut your left arm, right leg, and you ***** off to pay for it.

Livewire

Wanderer
I would certainly hope that any virus maker is smart enough to also code in a removal tool, even if it's only for their pc. If they don't do that, I'd at least hope they know how it works, so they know how to stop it :S

On that note, yes DDoS'ing would ruin your life, provided they actually used more than one of the charges to put you in jail. If they only use two of the thousands of felonys, you aren't going away for life; if they use 10 and all 10 get 10 years in prison, you're either gunna be the oldest man alive when you come out of prison (if you're 18 or older), or you'll die in prison...

Quick question that's actually on topic: is it possible to be arrested for conspiracy to commit a criminal act (DDoSing) just by threatening that you will DDoS someone? I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm also guessing the feds/police aren't willing to tie up more court resources just because some jackass-newb got pissed off that you didn't make him an admin...

Courageous

Wanderer
Depends. It is illegal per se to threaten someone with a criminal act; however this is predicated on the notion that the threat ought to be taken seriously. If you think about it, people do some times lose their tempers and say things they shouldn't. The courts and law acknowledge this in various ways.

Truly, though, if you want to get them busted and know who they are, simply find their phone number and have a conversation about DDOS, felonies, and criminal consequences with their PARENTS. Don't threaten, just explain. This will put Mr. Script Kiddie well out of business. Parents don't like it when strangers call and explain criminal consequences to them and use the names of federal agencies, regarding their kids. Ha.

C//

p.s. I once called a script kiddie directly. They utterly panicked. The fact that I could find their phone number and call them directly within just a few short minutes... from their tone of voice they were wetting their pants.

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
Courageous said:
Depends. It is illegal per se to threaten someone with a criminal act; however this is predicated on the notion that the threat ought to be taken seriously. If you think about it, people do some times lose their tempers and say things they shouldn't. The courts and law acknowledge this in various ways.

Truly, though, if you want to get them busted and know who they are, simply find their phone number and have a conversation about DDOS, felonies, and criminal consequences with their PARENTS. Don't threaten, just explain. This will put Mr. Script Kiddie well out of business. Parents don't like it when strangers call and explain criminal consequences to them and use the names of federal agencies, regarding their kids. Ha.

C//

p.s. I once called a script kiddie directly. They utterly panicked. The fact that I could find their phone number and call them directly within just a few short minutes... from their tone of voice they were wetting their pants.
well, it isnt hard to find someones number, just do a n IP scan, there is a program on windows that does it, it will tell you what state and city/town they live in, and whos name the internet is under, with that, you can just look it up on 411.com, and find out, not hard, i've done it to a player on UO, named Hacker PvProdigy, and he started crying, because i had a friend of mine go to his door, he then quit uo, and got a new number, and a new computer, kinda funny, because he said he was this big guy irl, and he was only 15, short, skinny white kid. i laughed, becuase he honestly sounded like he was a girl.

milva

Sorceror
ROFL We get this daily also! What we need is a script so if they say: Hire Me or Can I Be Staff- they are auto sent to jail :p

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
milva said:
ROFL We get this daily also! What we need is a script so if they say: Hire Me or Can I Be Staff- they are auto sent to jail :p
hm...that would take along time, cuz they could say it in public, open, PM, AND! page :p but yes, everyone needs something like that! gawd :p

KGodwin

Wanderer
Except since we are not running a buisness, we'd have a helluva alot of trouble getting more than 5-10k + legal fees + the cost of the financial damage. Sueing people doesn't work well unless the damage is physical or damages your source of income.

Courageous

Wanderer
Sueing people doesn't work well unless the damage is physical or damages your source of income.

Recovering damages is difficult and often doesn't work. However, suing them works fine, if you have the money. The first time someone gets served, for real, they generally melt down and their entire life goes haywire. This is nightmare, can't sleep kind of stuff, knowing that someone with money wants to (and can, if you don't do anything about it) destroy you personally. If you do happen to have money and are being sued over something like this, if you did and there is evidence, your own attorney will advise you quite frankly to settle. There is a reason. If you commit a felony on someone, there are mechanisms in place under the law as well as common law (judicial practice) that are sufficient to financially destroy a person. People lose their houses in situations like this.

C//

Joeku

Lord
Courageous said:
Lol! You are so evil!

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Lol! You are so evil!
hes not evil! hes just, not nice! lol, yea, ull get alot of these from me, i like to say stupid things like this

"im not a liar, i just dont tell the truth!"
"i dont steal, i just loot!"
"did you know, i knew u knew i knew that you knew i kenw?"
"im confuzzled" o.o; get use to it..

bzk90

Lord
@couragous

so true, my mom use to be a process server (their the ones who deliver the papers saying somone is suing you) and just watching the faces of the people completely turn sour is just aww inspiring (in a bad way) those who dont answer the door are even better though because you can see them turning off lights and looking through their 2nd story windows. then my mom calls their cellphones (numbers are listed on the summons) and they answer. my uncle also did serving for a while and hes a 6foot 7inch monster of a man (great guy) he use to carry around a mag light and a badge, imagine that walking up to your front door at 5am ;/

zidak

Wanderer
Heh

Don't Use Big Bold Letters, Use Big Friendly Letters, And a nice "Don't Panic"..."You Can't be a Gm/admin" It Might Help. ;)

Heartless

Wanderer
yea i know this problem, and 9/10 times, the guy that asks it doesnt even know a word english...

"you me make admin plz?"
"no, we dont need staff"
"what you meen?"
"we dont need staff"
"staff?" "me admin plz"
"NO"
"me help can you"
"i dont need help"
"but me help you can"
"I.. DONT NEED ANY HELP"
"ok, me admin?"

wtf.....

zetamine

Sorceror
Dogbert-Osi said:
well, it isnt hard to find someones number, just do a n IP scan, there is a program on windows that does it, it will tell you what state and city/town they live in, and whos name the internet is under, with that, you can just look it up on 411.com, and find out, not hard, i've done it to a player on UO, named Hacker PvProdigy, and he started crying, because i had a friend of mine go to his door, he then quit uo, and got a new number, and a new computer, kinda funny, because he said he was this big guy irl, and he was only 15, short, skinny white kid. i laughed, becuase he honestly sounded like he was a girl.

Haha, this guy plays on my shard. I just thought that was funny that you found out he's a little nerd, because he acts like quite the internet tough guy

Red Star

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
though the age range does tend to be 12-15 Admins certainly shouldnt make decisions completely based on ones age when it comes to hiring. there are several very good UO GMs in the runuo community and many of them are 12-15 (usualy because they have more time to dedicate to the perfection of the skills) *note* anyone asking ingame to be staff is just a trouble maker

wasnt there a thread about this like a week ago?

true, im only 10 and i run a shard :D :D :D

bzk90

Lord
good for you, but next time try to check the last post date before replying. this thread has been dead for some time now