RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone wants to be admin or gm

mogbert

Wanderer
yeap good ol newbs

yeap good ol newbs,. ive got about a dozen 12 year olds sending me messages to be GMs,. usually i pretend i cant speek english,. but somtimes i ask them questions about being a GM, and they know nothing. if they really wanted to learn they would start there own runuo server mess around with it a bit and see what its like

Sunshine

Wanderer
Ohhh good it is back to life now...ITS ALIVE:..giggles

I love peps who come in and say Hire me...as if all the money we have put into buying a server and all the hours of building a shard...is just going to be handed over to any one who comes in with the orginal line HIRE ME

Well you could try this, it worked for us..Lmao When you have these pesty players that can't take NO for no...Let them be staff, keep them as a player and give them a Robe with *Shard Name*Trashman Title and tell them they are staff now..Lmao Tell them every job is important, Oh and make sure they have a trash bag for all the stuff new players throw on the groud..LOL That usually shuts them up and they leave...This one guy was pissed when we did this, after he wouldn't shut up for the longest time about being staff, then we made him the Shard Trashman to help new players with their trash items..LOL He said "This is wrong" and I said "Its wrong we tell you no and you keep asking" Lmao

Oh and make sure its on their Title for all to see *Because thats what they want* LOL

Guess he wasn't wanting that kind of staff...LOL

Sunshine

Wanderer
That is priceless and I am going to use that one..giggles..

wonder what will happen..or should I say how long till they leave...;)

Manu

Knight
Sunshine said:
Ohhh good it is back to life now...ITS ALIVE:..giggles

I love peps who come in and say Hire me...as if all the money we have put into buying a server and all the hours of building a shard...is just going to be handed over to any one who comes in with the orginal line HIRE ME

Me love you long time? :)

DreamCatcher said:
Well you could try this, it worked for us..Lmao When you have these pesty players that can't take NO for no...Let them be staff, keep them as a player and give them a Robe with *Shard Name*Trashman Title and tell them they are staff now..Lmao Tell them every job is important, Oh and make sure they have a trash bag for all the stuff new players throw on the groud..LOL That usually shuts them up and they leave...This one guy was pissed when we did this, after he wouldn't shut up for the longest time about being staff, then we made him the Shard Trashman to help new players with their trash items..LOL He said "This is wrong" and I said "Its wrong we tell you no and you keep asking" Lmao

Oh and make sure its on their Title for all to see *Because thats what they want* LOL

Guess he wasn't wanting that kind of staff...LOL

OMFG thats AWESOME! Hell ima use that ... hell ima script somethign to do all that in a command cause im lazy n all.

Sunshine

Wanderer
o0_Sithid_0o said:
OMFG thats AWESOME! Hell ima use that ... hell ima script somethign to do all that in a command cause im lazy n all.

Well I sure hope you share it lol..we can all use it i am sure

Manu?? ummm I do not know....you tell me...

ps Have we met?

People will keep paging to be staff whether you put it in the rules, in bold on the TOS or tattoo it directly onto their retinas hehe.

I wonder if the entire page system still has a use other than to mentally abuse staff. "Tweak my gear", "gimme an arty", "I died, rez me!"

I decided to take a count of the amount of 'relevant' pages and came up with something like 5 out of a hundred pages that were actually worth answering so I replaced the page system with a simple link to the right forum section.

People with valid complaints generally take the time to make a forum post about it. People that just want stuff generally can't be bothered.

All in all I can't say I've missed the page system. I am a lot less agitated now that it's gone :p

Ya I just took up a staff spot on someones server( from here ) and he seems to have this ultra annoying gump that pops up whenever a page is added that you just HAVE to click ok so you can go see that nice little page. That coupled with 10 players on at any given time and their urge to abuse the pages and my desire to try to help the ones that actually need helping ... has driven me insane, hairless, and pissed off ... did I mention its only been a lil less than two days sense I started there?

Manu

Knight
Sunshine said:
Manu?? ummm I do not know....you tell me...

ps Have we met?

Its a joke ;) Meant as an alternate way of annoying staff instead of PLZPLZPLZ. And no, I dont think we met. I've never been to the states and the farthest I travelled north in europe was Hamburg in germany :)

What to do to solve your problems:

1. Open UOGateway.
2. Hold down CTRL, push F.
3. Type in "Hireing" or "GM" or something along those lines.
4. Try and get hired.
5. Rinse and repeat.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Manu said:
Its a joke ;) Meant as an alternate way of annoying staff instead of PLZPLZPLZ. And no, I dont think we met. I've never been to the states and the farthest I travelled north in europe was Hamburg in germany :)

Ahh ok ..I have these blonde moments and well never know with me...

Ahh yes We have even had the OMG i love this shard..never leaving it ...apply to be staff....(ahh cool once you get to know the shard we can talk about the application) .....and within 1 or 2 days ..gone...sorry shard was not for me...from love to gone...WOW..

Standard Responce: Wait a month, then we talk.
Standard Logout Time: 0.3 seconds after hearing responce.
Standard Reaction: [Admin -> Finds account, ban + firewall.

That works somewhat.

*takes a bit out of pizza pocket*...

Now, i'm no genious... But you could delete their account instead of banning/firewalling them ;) - It's not like what they did will destroy your server or anything. But I guess that's up to you. After you get about 200 people doing that, i'd say it adds up :p