RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Dragon

Tannis

Knight
Code:
This is a great script but i am haveing some troubles getting it to work with taming. What i want to do is anoly allow players with 100 taming hatch an egg. My problem is I'm new to scripting. I think I need to edit the Dragonegg.cs to check taming but i have no idea how, or where to write that in. I tryed to add 
}
else if ( AnimalTaming==100 )
{
that gave me a error that Dragon.cs does not contane a defition for Animaltaming. after some thought on it I came up with this most likely wont work anyhow becouse i'm not telling it to look at the players taming, and that it would most likely try to cheack the dragon egg's taming any advise on what i can do?

I am trying to do the same thing on my shard. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tannis

Knight
I figured it out. In case someone wants to do this, it goes in DragonEgg.cs and this is what I did:
Code:
	public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
		{
                        if ( !IsChildOf( from.Backpack ) ) 
                        { 
                                from.SendMessage( "You must have the hiryu's egg in your backpack to hatch it." ); 
                        } 

else if ( from.Skills[SkillName.AnimalTaming].Value <= 99.9 )
			{
				from.SendMessage( "You must have at least 100 taming to hatch this egg." );
			}

It would't make much sense to tell you what line I used since I modified the script a lot to make an evolution hiryu, but at least you can see around the area I put it in.

Cerberus

Wanderer
Did anyone ever figure out why you cant lore the evoloution dragon , or isnt it supposed to be loreable. Sorry if this is a dumb question but i read through this whole thread and only 1 person asked and no one ever replied to him.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Cerberus said:
Did anyone ever figure out why you cant lore the evoloution dragon , or isnt it supposed to be loreable. Sorry if this is a dumb question but i read through this whole thread and only 1 person asked and no one ever replied to him.

you can't lore it because you cannot tame them, there are a few ways to lore them, one of them being the Advanced Lore wand found in the submissions, or by auctioning them using Arya's auction system

you can edit them to allow them to be lored, but it does change some things about the dragon

Tannis

Knight

I figured it out the other day with some help from Rift. If you look in AnimalLore.cs around line 43, make it look like this (this will allow you to lore I think all of the new SE animals)
Code:
if ( c.Body.IsAnimal || c.Body.IsMonster || c.Body.IsSea || c.Body > 239 && c.Body < 256 )
Then to be able to vet them, go into Bandage.cs on line 156 and change it to this
Code:
if ( !m.Player && (m.Body.IsMonster || m.Body.IsAnimal || m.Body > 239 && m.Body < 256) )
And then again on line 164, make it look like line 156.

LindyLou

Wanderer
The Evolution Dragon is awesome and I must applaud you for it.

I do have one concern with it though. We are having problems with the evos attacking and killing their owners. It happens when the pet is guarding and area spells are cast, or if a player is in a guild too. These are the 2 most frequent cases. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance. I am new to posting here so if it is answered elsewhere, can you point me in that direction, please?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
michaelgibson said:
There is a bug... if you shrink your pet, then unshrink it, it will loose all of its KP

that doesn't happen on my shard, sounds like something that was edited, or another script messing with it

Shadow1980

Wanderer
great script, thanks a lot.

I have used this script to base my own script on, basically a complete make-over of this script. All bugs previously mentioned have dissapeared, and the dragon is completely balanced compared to other creatures on the shard.
Might release my version in the future, but I want to see it in actual use first. (So if I do it wont be for quite a while, as our shard is going beta soon)

Anyways the changes in general:
* Control Slots 3, changes to 4 in stage 5. (Counting hatchling as 0)
* Completely redone all resists, stats, virtual armor, skills, increases etc. No piece of the evolution code has been left intact. Was striving for perfection in balance and succeeded.
* Added taming skill checks at most evolution stages. It is not possible trading the dragon to a player with insufficient taming in my version.
* Redid all evolution messages.
* Added 11 different stages with 11 different age titles.
* Much more.

For other people who strive for more balance in this creature, you want to look at the following things:
VirtualArmor is way too high, it starts at 30 which is fine, but ends somewhere at 270.
To compare: An ancient wyrm has 70 and a Balron 90. You really dont want to go higher.

Hitpoints At stage 2 the dragon gains +500 hitpoints. If you want to balance the dragon, make sure you decide on the highest level's maximum hitpoints and work your way down. Again to compare, A Normal Dragon has roughly 500 hitpoints, an Ancient Wyrm roughly 700 and a Balron also roughly 700.

Resistances One of the stages has 98% Resistances. Let's just suffice saying this wont result in much balance.

Min/Max base damage Start is fine, 11, 17. However the final stage has +28, 28, resulting in 39, 45.
To compare, a white wyrm has 17, 25.

Damage Type Final stage has 100% - 75% - 75% - 75% - 75%, resulting in a damage output of no less then 400% of it's base damage!! *allways* keep the total damage types 100%, unless you have a very good reason making a creature overpowered.

Killpoints required The code has an error in it, which makes you unable to level beyond a certain stage. Make sure to look at all killpoint requirements to level and change them accordingly.

There are some more things you might want to look into, but the above ones are the main ones for people loading and editing this script. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It's fairly easy to edit really.

Raelis: thank you for providing me with a excellent base for a script, it gave me all the results I wanted!

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Shadow1980 said:
* Control Slots 3, changes to 4 in stage 5. (Counting hatchling as 0)

I say BRAVO for balancing this script, I'd love to see yours in action, I've been needing to remove the evo dragons from my shard because of the balance.

However, this is an issue I've been wondering about..

Say player A has 5 control slots and 3 are filled with the dragon, then he has 2 more pets taking up the rest, if the dragon evolves and suddenly takes 4 slots... what happens? Will the players pet slots be 6/5 ?

In [props, look at the KP and Stage, when i shrink my pet and unshrink it, the KP goes to 0 and the Stage goes back to 1... but my pet's appearence doesnt go back.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
michaelgibson said:
In [props, look at the KP and Stage, when i shrink my pet and unshrink it, the KP goes to 0 and the Stage goes back to 1... but my pet's appearence doesnt go back.

nope, dont have that problem here

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
michaelgibson said:
well what shrink system you using atm, if ur using FS from Ronin you need to follow certain steps in order to work right, that the only thing i can think of right now

soliddilos

Wanderer
Help!

HI! i like ur script but how do i change it to when u double click it it AUTOMATICly hatches...1 day is to long for my players and i :( ....

Shadow1980

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
I say BRAVO for balancing this script, I'd love to see yours in action, I've been needing to remove the evo dragons from my shard because of the balance.

However, this is an issue I've been wondering about..

Say player A has 5 control slots and 3 are filled with the dragon, then he has 2 more pets taking up the rest, if the dragon evolves and suddenly takes 4 slots... what happens? Will the players pet slots be 6/5 ?

Yes. I have tried putting a "check" in to prevent evolution when a player doesn't have enough control slots free, and didn't work too well in the end. For some reason the script kept totally ignoring that part of my code and evolving anyways.
I aint too sure what to do about it or if I actually will do anything about it. Once a player stables one or more of his/her pets he/she will lose this advantage anyways.
If it becomes and issue and/or is exploited on our shard I will look at it again. *smiles*
Unless somebody can come up with a good way to check it?

Shadow1980

Wanderer
soliddilos said:
HI! i like ur script but how do i change it to when u double click it it AUTOMATICly hatches...1 day is to long for my players and i :( ....

In DragonEgg.cs, THis should be as simple as changing this:
Code:
			AllowEvolution = false;
to:
Code:
			AllowEvolution = true;

This *should* work unless I am overlooking something. If it doesn't, simply remove all lines refering to evolution timers, or quickly script a new egg that literally only serves as an item to spawn evo dragons from.

Good luck.