RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

lol. Starbucks: Now Delivering.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
And when you say "discussion", you mean "liberal whine-fest", right?

The place I heard the 25% figure was evidently wrong. I'm not going to fall over from shame, and it's not the end of the world. Freaking out doesn't go very far.

the GAO didnt say they were illegals, it said legal or illegal. It also didnt say that they commited crimes other than jumping the border.

Courageous

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;694551 said:
the GAO didnt say they were illegals, it said legal or illegal. It also didnt say that they commited crimes other than jumping the border.

What's interesting about the figures is that even if we were to interpret those exact numbers as the subset of illegals committing non immigration crimes, illegals would still have (somewhat) lower incarceration rates than natives. We can assume that once the legal immigrants and immigration crimes are removed, that the figures are much better. If we move on to discounting ID fraud that is only used pursuant to illegal immigration and not for legitimate fraud, and so forth, the numbers would grow more favorable yet.

Although don't get me wrong. I'm quite sure it's not healthy for any country to have totally unrestricted immigration, and don't have a real strong opinion how much immigration is too much immigration. At a guess our current legal immigration is "not enough," and that plus all illegal immigration may be getting somewhere around "too much," but I don't really have a strong opinion about that.

C//

crackrat

Wanderer
while not having available links to confirm this(although i'm pretty sure the GAO link might have more info)....our current legal immigration is approx 2.3-2.5 million a year taking into account the 6 different worker programs. and is most likely the most liberal ratios of migrants to natives that there is 'shrugs'. the u.s. would right now be in negative growth as are most industrial countries....

while I cant say all the data is completely accurate personally i don't trust any statistics. not even our own govt. figures.

NumbersUSA does have a lot to say about current legal immigration and the growth of America. this organization is also been an information source for several govt. reports and commitees.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;694545 said:
And when you say "discussion", you mean "liberal whine-fest", right?

Of course, anything that isn't hard-core right-wing bigotry must be liberal whining. How could I forget?

The place I heard the 25% figure was evidently wrong. I'm not going to fall over from shame, and it's not the end of the world. Freaking out doesn't go very far.

Evidently? It's people like you who shamelessly promote such false shit that cause huge disagreements like the situation we currently have. Instead of giving everyone the facts and letting them decide, people choose to exaggerate and embellish. What's worse is that when caught, they usually just shamelessly brush it off and go right back to the bullshit. You're incredible TMS, you really are.

crackrat said:
NumbersUSA does have a lot to say about current legal immigration and the growth of America. this organization is also been an information source for several govt. reports and commitees.

"NumbersUSA is an immigration reduction organization whose intent is to reduce United States' annual immigration to pre-1965 levels, but without the "country of origin quotas" that were in place during this period. The organization was created in 1997 and its current executive director is Roy Beck.
From its base in Arlington, Virginia, NumbersUSA lobbies the executive and legislative branches for immigration reduction. Members can create an on-line account and send free pre-written faxes to Congress and the President as well as receive e-mail alerts with instructions for telephone calls to Congress as part of the NumbersUSA Action Network."

I'm sure they will make sure to include all of the facts, and not just the ones that make their case for immigration reduction look good.

TMS said:
Any source WA cites, I don't believe. (lol?)

Fair enough. You stick with your misinformation and I'll go with real, solid facts. :)

crackrat

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;694551 said:

the GAO did go on to examine where the 27%'s origins were read on.

Courageous

Wanderer
crackrat;694575 said:
the GAO did go on to examine where the 27%'s origins were read on.

I should say, you make having a conversation with you about facts painful. What part of the report are you referring to? The thing is electronic. Just cut a quote and quote it. Is it so hard?

C//

crackrat

Wanderer
WarAngel;694572 said:
"NumbersUSA is an immigration reduction organization whose intent is to reduce United States' annual immigration to pre-1965 levels, but without the "country of origin quotas" that were in place during this period. The organization was created in 1997 and its current executive director is Roy Beck.
From its base in Arlington, Virginia, NumbersUSA lobbies the executive and legislative branches for immigration reduction. Members can create an on-line account and send free pre-written faxes to Congress and the President as well as receive e-mail alerts with instructions for telephone calls to Congress as part of the NumbersUSA Action Network."

I'm sure they will make sure to include all of the facts, and not just the ones that make their case for immigration reduction look good.
I'm sure too...lol actualy they are not as bad as some info that ive collected from both extremes of the issue......even the govs publications are biased in one way or another(how else could they even attempt to sell this last bill)
Point is its all information.... learn to never fully trust but do try to understand all data....