RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

friend not able to connect......

doe90

Wanderer
i went the my computer props and i have two network adapters

1394 Net Adapter
GVC-REALTEK Ethernet 10/100 PCI Adapter

Quantos

Lord
Don't remove either of those, they are both hardware adapters.

I'm still looking, I've only had to remove Toredo once and I can't remember off the top of my head how I did it.

Quantos

Lord
Here it is

KB817778

Uninstall that, then repeat the process that I gave you for ipconfig. After you reboot though.

Quantos

Lord
Actually I just found this on Microsofts site, this might help, I'd forgotten that there is a firewall included in that package.

Q: How do I disable the IPv6 Internet Connection Firewall on the local machine?

A: To disable the IPv6 Internet Connection Firewall on the local machine, simply go to “Add/Remove Programs->Add/Remove Windows Components->Networking Services†and uncheck “IPv6 Internet Connection Firewallâ€. This, however, will reset the port openings in the IPv6 Internet Connection Firewall. To disable the firewall and retain port settings, disable the “IPv6 Internet Connection Firewall†service via the “Services†application located in the “Administrative Tools†folder in the “Control Panelâ€.

Here's a link to the FAQ, they may have some other advice for you as well on that one, that I missed.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/F/1/2F1A22FD-E838-4BC6-AC40-FBDBCC3A17A4/ANP_FAQ.htm

Quantos

Lord
Not yet it doesn't. Lemme think on this a bit more and do some checking.

On a side note, I hate Microsoft for that. 'Let's put in all this other stuff that they won't need.'

Quantos

Lord
How about this.

To remove the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP:
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Add or Remove Programs.
In the list of currently installed programs, click Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP, and then click Remove.
Follow the instructions on the screen to remove the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP from your computer.
After the removal is complete, restart the computer.

Quantos

Lord
Still nothing, I'm heading to bed, but I'll do some brainstorming while I'm at work tomorrow.

In the meantime can you repeat the process for ipconfig that I gave you and post the results here?

doe90

Wanderer
ok i did ipconfig again and here it is

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : ce1.client2.attbi.com
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.131.6.153
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.128
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.131.6.129

Quantos

Lord
Well, Toredo is definately gone now, that's one portion of the headache out of the way. Did you manage to set up a firewall ruleset for RunUO that allows inbound traffic?

Quantos

Lord
Take a look at your firewall log, see if it says anything about incoming request for port 2593 denied. If it does then your firewall rule is wrong. Let me know.