RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone seen this

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
VBulletin is the better product :p

And don't worry about it. You can't really be held accountable for something you didn't know was wrong...

JesseTCG

Sorceror
It's sure funny...

First of all, I never said your server was lame. I actually liked it, Second. If you were to READ my website, you would clearly see that runuoscripts.net is merely a library of scripts from various sources, which the site clearly states. Third, Karmageddon, the banned user that you are referring to, has not been on the runuoscripts.net team in months. I'm sorry your had a bad experience, but I never shoved it down your throat. I was just trying to get people to list with UoPatch.com, in fact to date, I think your the only one that really had a problem besides Phantom. That's also something that needs to be addressed in the future. I will address it all as soon. I promise, but till then you all are welcomed to your opinion. The only intent for runuoscripts.net was to be a library for old scripts, that were forgotten, and my work also. I have never asked for a dime from anyone like runuo.com or uogateway.com does. I financed all my work, and I stand behind my work 100%. I also would never flame your server, or website as you have mine. Maybe I should reconsider it though, bc it sounds like some ppl with in the RunUo Community would like a battle of some sorts. It's just to bad the key players like Ryan sit there and let this go on, never has anyone from the runuo team made any attempt to reply to me emails, or posts, they do nothing to suuport people like me that are trying to help the community with my own money. The only reason I don't support RunUo.com like I should is because of people like you. As far as the childish name calling goes, look in the mirror. As far as the KPac that we released many moons ago, the Token System was based off of Dupres...and.......The Ore system was also bases off another discontinued runuo member, that was laid out in earlier post on the runuo.com website, before runuoscripts.net was ever activated.
As far as the custom map goes of mine, if you actually downloaded the patches, you would of seen the map. I'm sure this post will get axed, as thats what the mods normally do, so I'm probably wasting my breath, but at least I made a effort to defend my work.

Now to address the Phantom issue... Phantom, you are mad bc 1. I make more money then you.
2. I don't conform to your standards
3. The firs time you caused havoc on the site I posted your IP, and the school where you were. Till then you had no bother with me, then all the sudden, bc the sites getting good, you decode that I'm a poor broke person like yourself, and right away I must be running a hacked version.

I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but at the same time, from this point on, you can get me banned, but here is a copy of your IM's proving it was you. That started these lies.

Code:
TheDarkerPhantom: Since you showed me some respect earlier this year i thought I would give you a heads up.

I would like to add I do not support your actions, I do not support anything you do really, but here is the "heads" up:

A member who I respect more then alot of people is going to report you to invasion for using an "hacked" version because you don't have a copyright notice a the bot
TheDarkerPhantom: * bottom
TheDarkerPhantom: I told him/her that is was infact illegal based on that fact I don't you paid $275 for a copyright removal.
TheDarkerPhantom: This is based on the fact you were using a free board just months again
TheDarkerPhantom: With that said, he has reported it to Invision, so thats your warning
TheDarkerPhantom: We are even, paying back a favor when you didn't contact my college about my local apache server, so this will be my last message towards you
TheDarkerPhantom: Don't tell anyone I warned you, if you do, i will deney it and I will continue my goal of getting you banned
TheDarkerPhantom signed off at 5:08:35 AM.
I'm sure you will claim its a forged copy, but you and I both know you are the one with the grudge.

Jarrod

Sorceror
JesseTCG said:
Now to address the Phantom issue... Phantom, you are mad bc 1. I make more money then you.
2. I don't conform to your standards
3. The firs time you caused havoc on the site I posted your IP, and the school where you were. Till then you had no bother with me, then all the sudden, bc the sites getting good, you decode that I'm a poor broke person like yourself, and right away I must be running a hacked version.

I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but at the same time, from this point on, you can get me banned, but here is a copy of your IM's proving it was you. That started these lies.

Code:
TheDarkerPhantom: Since you showed me some respect earlier this year i thought I would give you a heads up.

I would like to add I do not support your actions, I do not support anything you do really, but here is the "heads" up:

A member who I respect more then alot of people is going to report you to invasion for using an "hacked" version because you don't have a copyright notice a the bot
TheDarkerPhantom: * bottom
TheDarkerPhantom: I told him/her that is was infact illegal based on that fact I don't you paid $275 for a copyright removal.
TheDarkerPhantom: This is based on the fact you were using a free board just months again
TheDarkerPhantom: With that said, he has reported it to Invision, so thats your warning
TheDarkerPhantom: We are even, paying back a favor when you didn't contact my college about my local apache server, so this will be my last message towards you
TheDarkerPhantom: Don't tell anyone I warned you, if you do, i will deney it and I will continue my goal of getting you banned
TheDarkerPhantom signed off at 5:08:35 AM.
I'm sure you will claim its a forged copy, but you and I both know you are the one with the grudge.

I dont know you, I do know Phantom, and Im not a huge fan of his.. but I DO know thats not how he types.

Tannis

Knight
I honestly don't care if it is Phantom or not...and why is it that there's a whole load of posts against this person, and the person he singles out is Phantom? I like Phantom, and you posting that little snippet of a conversation doesn't change it. I don't think it's going to change the minds of other people either. For all we know, it's not real. If it is, who cares? He did you a favor. You're only making yourself look worse to everyone else. Most times I don't get in discussions like this one, but I think I've been around here long enough and have earned the right to be be an ass. Go on with your little website, but if you were trying to become as large as RunUO, keep dreaming. You were banned for a reason last time, and I hope someone sees fit to ban you again.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
About Phantom...

Like I said.... Believe it or not. and as far as Phantom doing me a favor... If anyone did him a favor, it was me, when he begged me like a little $%^&* not to post his school ip address that he was using for this SQL server. How do I know this.... Ask Phantom, and really I don't care what you think, bc it is your free right to think what you want to. I just think you should be fair, and nose out unless you are directly involved with the sitch. You are free to feel as you wish, but remember, there are a lot of members on www.runuoscripts.net that feel negatively towards this site, because of people being jerks, and flaming all the time. That's why my site is running, for people that don't want to deal with a 17 year olds crap, let alone anyone elses. Next time I won't do him a favor, and will post his ip address. So far today members from runuo.com have emailed me on Ryan's behalf threatening me. Posting my business, and personal address among other things. It's all good though. As far as the mean accusations about me stealing code and stuff. That is so untrue, and it figures credit whores would be involved. The scripts that I get are untouched and uploaded by our members not me. The site clearly states that. This is unacceptable, becuase I'm sure Ryan has nothing to do with it, but if you all want to start posting physical addresses, remember I can play that game also. I just prefer to be the mature one out of it, and not involve myself in little kid games, however if the 2 people that have emailed me feel the need to come to my physical address, then I must warn you that I would not hesitate to defend myself in a heartbeat. This will be my last post on this matter, as runuo.com is not a "friendly" place anymore. So I'll crawl back to my place on the web, where at least I know friendly people are waiting for the outcome, and Issue a statement in the next few hours regarding our forum hack, as well as the threats, and emails.

GAME OVER
Jesse

First of all jesse is not an idiot he is very help full dont ever talk about him like that also it takes an idiot to know one so u must be an idiot

TMSTKSBK

Lord
haha, indeed.

Well my school is in my location, and if you do nslookup on csquarenet.net, you'll get my IP. One of them. I dunno what "hack" you're talking about. If you try to blame me, then...well...you can't...because I wasn't involved. Maybe you just dropped a table :rolleyes:.

And I see you're back to using phpbb. Good job, software pirate.

And I haven't caused you any harm (Unless you count reporting you to copyright holders). You have shown a flagrant, repeated disregard of intellectual property rights, and you *have* infringed on my property. I suggest you start policing your script submissions. Unless *I* submit my scripts (which I won't), they should not be on your forum.

Rhexis

Knight
Going around to servers to promote uopatch in my eyes is unethical. You say you'll be changing how you go about that, but considering you even tried it in the first place just says a lot about the type of person you are imho. If I want to be approached by a represenative it will be via email, if at all. If a product is truly good, it wont need horribley planned advertising, Ill hear about it by word of mouth of my uo friends before a rep even gets around to emailing me.

You say the scripts are uploaded by your members "untouched". The site clearly states that etc. I know many forums have a policy of not being responsible for their content posted by members...but you're attempting to be a legitimate resource for scripts/ing. If you're going to -ever- succeed, you need to set forth a policy where you double check for author permissions and if someone approaches you stating they dont want their content on your site you take it down without question. You may already have such a policy in place, but I didnt see anything to indicate that last night and your comments that you dont steal because your members post the content makes me think that you indeed dont.

[/my two cents]

Tannis

Knight
Jesse, you call people "credit whores" but if I'd worked as long and hard as TM has on his system, or anyone else for that matter, you're damn right I'd be looking for credit. I'm sure there are some people that support you, and that's their decision. I'm willing to bet though that they're people who have come here numerous times breaking the forum rules over and over again and decided to leave the community because they weren't getting their way. If you can show me proof that one well know and respected member of this community is also an active member of yours, maybe I'll apologize for that statement.

Rabban

Sorceror
Cyndrz said:
Thank You for pointing that out. I hope I found and fixed them all correctly. ;)

Cyndrz: No problem. Your post is 100% more readable. Thank you for accepting my suggestions. Oh and you only fixed about half of the "sights" but that's alright. You put forth more effort than most.

JesseTCG said:
That is so untrue, and it figures credit whores would be involved. The scripts that I get are untouched and uploaded by our members not me.

Jesse: They have perfect right to be "credit whores." Credit is a scripter's only "payment" for releasing a script to the public. If you or your website's members take away their tag or mark that designates a script as their creation, you're taking away their sole benefit. They may as well not have released it in the first place, which would utterly slow down the development of new scripts and the wheel would be reinvented a thousand times over. You should show respect for other people's work by forcing scripts to be submitted by their author only.

As for the quote of a conversation with Phantom, it was pretty funny. I read about 6 words and laughted. I have never spoken with Phantom over aim, but judging from his speech in the forums, I highly doubt he would speak as such.

----------EDIT-----------
Blast, Tannis beat me to posting.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
look... *edit...actually had prolly better not tell you. You'd forge something, little bastard.

The first news I had of your "hack" was the announcement on your front page, which reads:
This dude's site said:
United our community stands...

On December 11th, 2005 RunUoScripts's forums were severly hacked by members of the runuo.com site. Through out the time of this website. I have been fair to everyone, and I have even tried to support the work of others. It would seem that a small group of users such as Phantom, want to destroy this site, and all of the work on it. I even got emails, stating that certain people were going to do whatever it took to get us blacklisted from runuo.com. Personally I have never asked runuo.com to support my project, nor will I. Also you have to remember, that I'm not the one asking for donations, nor will I ever. I will try to restore the forums quickly, and retain the data contained within them. I must remind all of our members, not to post the work of others unless you have permission. If you do post the work of others. I ask that you leave the tags within the script giving them credit where it is deserved. I also encorage Ryan from runuo.com to get a hold of me before this issue gets out of hand. I'm not one to give up with out a fight. I need everyones support from this site in the future. Lets keep it free, and lets keep it running for everyone to enjoy. Thanks Jesse
Please cut and copy this link into your browser to see my reaction to RunUo.com's slanderous remarks! http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62099

I will right here admit my ignorance on how to hack. I dunno how! And if I *did* know, I wouldn't waste my skill on your little site. Hmm, maybe IPB saw your hacked site and decided to blow it up.

NYEH!

**edit:
I also encorage Ryan from runuo.com to get a hold of me before this issue gets out of hand

You're quite full of yourself, aren't you?

Jarrod

Sorceror
and why would you post "members of RunUO" hacked your site??? Im pretty sure that "Godfather Ryan" would not issue that kind of hit on you BECAUSE HES TOO BUSY WORKING to screw around, and quite frankly probably doesnt give 2 farts that it (your site) exists in the first place.

IF (and Im leaning way out the window on this one) someone hacked your site and HAPPENED to be a member of this forum, that does not constitute a need for coming to this site to complain about it. Thats just a generalization, and the owners of RunUO.com hold no liability for the actions of others, especially outside their own forums.

*edited*
i wrote "you you" instead of "on you"

Tannis

Knight
JesseTCG said:
First of all you have no proof that my board was hacked or legitimate, but fear not I will clear it all up in the near future. Second since you talked about the hack, and stated that you were not involved, whos the pirate? I back all my things up with a legitimate business, and logs. I don't need to answer to you, nor will I. It's not my fault, you and your little girlfriend Phantom are sucking.... well you know where this is going... I went back to PHPBB bc YOU, and yes, I am acussing you, and Phantom were responsible for the hack. Till I find out how you exploited my database when it is on a entirely different server then I'll stick with something different until I can have a stable database up. I have your ip addresses, and I will be posting them on my site. I have the server logs. Am I going to do anything.. Sure... I'm gonna wait.... Don't worry my friend revenge is best served cold, and I will not forget that lesson. You have taught me that all to well. So maybe you better take a step back, and re analize your tactics, and how you represent the RunUo Community. Also as far as promoting a project, it came up in a conversation while I was playing on a server, yea I said playing... I don't sit there all the time and think I'm god becuase I run a server. However when a good product does come a long I sure don't mind promoting it. It's no wonder runuo.com gets DOS's all the time. It becuase of people like you, and as fas as your script T. When you initally contacted me in a hostile way. I removed it. It is not my fault, that a user uploaded it back to the site. The site clearly has a disclaimer regarding others work, but I guess your perfect, so maybe you should throw the stones at everyone else in the community also. Oh and one more thing. I forgot the ip addresses... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx that one.. lol Run's through Ryans Host, and ends up in Naperville, IL. Well the DNS, and the other is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, so yes... I am on your trail. It's only a matter of time. I'm sure thats all the proof I need. I'm sure the addresses will be edited out bc I'm right.

I don't think you've got any right to accuse someone of hacking you, unless you absolutely know who did it. Along with Phantom, I'm going to assume you're also accusing TM. Like I said before, you can say what you want about whoever you want to, but no one is going to think less of the ones you're putting down. You did that to yourself. No one has a very high opinion of you around here, so you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole. People know how you operate, and apparently no one likes it very much.

*edit*

Yeah, but that's alright TM. I caught it before he deleted it. I keep 2 IE's of this conversation open just for that reason.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Ok.

You know what, it's my site. I can do what I want, and accuse whom i want. i own my servers, they are paid in full, therefor that means I retain my server own server logs. Why should I waste the time on you guys, when even if I did post the logs, you would still not accept them. As I see it, it just not worth it, and is unfair. When I refer to the credit whore, I simply mean the people that keep raving on and on. Everyone knows that Phantom, and TM can code. So can I, and thousands of others. The difference is I don't flame new things or ideas like you guys do. nor will I ever. I'm just pissed, bc there sitting there knowing what they did, and theres not a damn thing I can do about it except point a finger, and show logs. As for Ryan, I'm sure he has nothing to do with it, nor would it be a good idea for him to get in it at this point anymore. I guess new things scare you guys. In fact I think this is getting personal, so I think I'll just end my posts here. I hope someday TM, and Phantom will grow up, and start to respect others hard work, and property like they want me to respect theres.

At this point in time its not about the sites, it's not even about the game anymore... and when it gets to that point, it may be wise to stop in my tracks b4 I do something I may regret, especially bc of a childlike Phantom or TM. Sure I understand you guys work hard on your code, but so do I. and some of your code will never match up to mine.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
just pissed, bc there sitting there knowing what they did, and theres not a damn thing I can do about it except point a finger, and show logs.

Ok. I know what I did. I sat here and debugged TMSS 3.0 until 5am. Can't speak for Phantom. So go ahead. Post the logs. I *went* to your site last night. I registered an account last night, for the sake of curiousity, and to see if my script was still on your boards (it was). Other than that, I did nothing that could possibly harm your site. I'm offended that you *assume* that it was me. I'm not the only person that dislikes you.

and some of your code will never match up to mine.

Some...but the rest of our code makes your code cry.

I can do what I want, and accuse whom i want

Not here you can't. And it's slander, no matter where it's posted. I don't appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.