RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!!!! Please!!!!!! Urgent!!!!

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Problem Here!!

• Ok yeah my server won't let me connect or let anyone else it was fine yesterday.

• I've repatched, i've redownloaded everything, i've even downloaded Runuo 1.0 and put all my custom scripts back in and everything, i've also redownload uogateway and uogateway Glite, nothing has worked, I don't know wth is wrong so yeah someone please help me, I havn't had a IP change either.

• My server was on the public list and it's suppose to be now, I have around 50 something uptime was 100, and my account on uogateway.com doesnt say it is deactivated, i've already asked there and no one answered me at all besides one guy and it wasn't even helpful, so please help!

Ki Frost

Sorceror
What does your consol say when you try to connect to it?
If it says ANYTHING post it, if you don't we would be taking a wild guess...

(I hate when people use "URGENT!!" dunno why...) :eek:

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Ki Frost said:
What does your consol say when you try to connect to it?
If it says ANYTHING post it, if you don't we would be taking a wild guess...

• It doesn't say anything at all even when other ppl try to, it lets my UO Arch program connect but not me or anyone else not even uogateway cause I dont see that IP that connects repeatly anymore.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Rules:
Use the forums properly; utilizing the topic field correctly is a must... posts that are started with URGENT or HELP ME or I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT (or similar things) will be deleted.
Anyway, has your local ip through your router changed? You may need to forward your port to a different local ip.

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Anyway, has your local ip through your router changed? You may need to forward your port to a different local ip.

No it hasnt.

And my post didnt start with "Help Me" Or "Urgent"

It started with Help!!!!!!Please!!!!!!Urgent!!!!!!!

Phantom

Knight
In the future, better topic titles allow people to actually read your topic, instead of skipping over it because of the title is not describe the problem. If you want to take this advice fine, but its the truth. Using normal size text and not drawing attention to yourself is also a great way to get help. If somebody is going to help you, these things will make it happen, if you don't do these things most people will ignore you.

1) Do not "redownload" RunUO, this does not solve problems 99.9% of the time. By doing this you only have the chance of screwing up your world save, and once that happens you cannot fix it.

2) Waiting for a response from somebody at UO Gateway is the best suggestion I can give. Saying that somebody was not helpful is also not very nice. Of course I don't know the story, so I won't comment on it anymore.

3) You need to check if your ip has change, if it has you need to update your UO Gateway listing.

4) You need to post the serverlist.cs, without it, I and others cannot help you.

5) You need to make sure your router is still setup to forward the port you plan to use.

6) Think about what you have changed, double check everything on this list past #3 once you do that it will work.

WarAngel

Wanderer
You haven't touched the router in any way, or changed any settings? I'm not sure how it would just be working one day, and then stop working the next.

Phantom

Knight
cashmoney165

Your post title sucked, and its against the rules, see my post above this one for why. I have the right mind to lecture you on how you should show more respect towards people. I am fair to busy and have better things to do like play Prince of Persia 3 then to do that.

Phantom

Knight
WarAngel said:
You haven't touched the router in any way, or changed any settings? I'm not sure how it would just be working one day, and then stop working the next.

Clearly something changed.

Either he did it, or his ip changed, its not possible for it just to stop working.

Computers and other hardware are not magical things, they don't just change without notice, a user has to do something to change everything and anything about them.

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Phantom said:
In the future, better topic titles allow people to actually read your topic, instead of skipping over it because of the title is not describe the problem. If you want to take this advice fine, but its the truth. Using normal size text and not drawing attention to yourself is also a great way to get help. If somebody is going to help you, these things will make it happen, if you don't do these things most people will ignore you.

1) Do not "redownload" RunUO, this does not solve problems 99.9% of the time. By doing this you only have the chance of screwing up your world save, and once that happens you cannot fix it.

2) Waiting for a response from somebody at UO Gateway is the best suggestion I can give. Saying that somebody was not helpful is also not very nice. Of course I don't know the story, so I won't comment on it anymore.

3) You need to check if your ip has change, if it has you need to update your UO Gateway listing.

4) You need to post the serverlist.cs, without it, I and others cannot help you.

5) You need to make sure your router is still setup to forward the port you plan to use.

6) Think about what you have changed, double check everything on this list past #3 once you do that it will work.

The thing is i havnt touched my router at all, it still has the ip and if u dont believe me about it not working check it urself Server name is Gothica its not on the server list and i have uptime it wont even show that i have it up or anything it has just disappeared off my list and everyone elses so i dont know what has happened i still have the same ip nothing has changed so i dont know what has happened it was working yesterday i woke up today had a snow day said why not get on uo tryed getting on wouldnt work so ive been working on this sense like 8 am almost 14 hours and i still havnt figure one thing out yet so ur guess is as good as mine my router is also on my desk and no one has touch it sense like last month and i jsut opened my server 3 weeks ago so i have no clue wth is wrong with it.

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Phantom said:
cashmoney165

Your post title sucked, and its against the rules, see my post above this one for why. I have the right mind to lecture you on how you should show more respect towards people. I am fair to busy and have better things to do like play Prince of Persia 3 then to do that.

Ok well sorry someone had the freaking !!! Urgent !!! Crashing, And you said the samething to that guy that u are telling me and then got called an asshole so yeah, and whoever said i wanted help from an asshole ? and pluse i dont care if my title sucked it puts out a point i needed help oh freaking well if u dont like it dont answer to it and play ur stupid game lil gamer and respect u have no clue what it is i was asking for help what this thread is for so forget you i dont care what u have to say i dont want ur help id rather wait for a reply then read ur senseless typing. You disrespected me first so dont tell me about respect asshole.

Phantom

Knight
cashmoney165 said:
The thing is i havnt touched my router at all, it still has the ip and if u dont believe me about it not working check it urself Server name is Gothica its not on the server list and i have uptime it wont even show that i have it up or anything it has just disappeared off my list and everyone elses so i dont know what has happened i still have the same ip nothing has changed so i dont know what has happened it was working yesterday i woke up today had a snow day said why not get on uo tryed getting on wouldnt work so ive been working on this sense like 8 am almost 14 hours and i still havnt figure one thing out yet so ur guess is as good as mine my router is also on my desk and no one has touch it sense like last month and i jsut opened my server 3 weeks ago so i have no clue wth is wrong with it.

What is the url for the website, you used for your UO Gateway account?

Phantom

Knight
cashmoney165 said:
Ok well sorry someone had the freaking !!! Urgent !!! Crashing, And you said the samething to that guy that u are telling me and then got called an asshole so yeah, and whoever said i wanted help from an asshole ? and pluse i dont care if my title sucked it puts out a point i needed help oh freaking well if u dont like it dont answer to it and play ur stupid game lil gamer and respect u have no clue what it is i was asking for help what this thread is for so forget you i dont care what u have to say i dont want ur help id rather wait for a reply then read ur senseless typing. You disrespected me first so dont tell me about respect asshole.

I never called you an asshole, please show me where I did on this website, otherwise please keep your mouth shut.

Why are you being rude to me, I want to help you, I am just trying to inform you that using the word "Urgent" does not get the attention of the type of people who can help you.

The only reason I replied to you, was because I felt nice tonight, I really do regret that feeling though. I would like to know I have no idea what your talking about. Please explain because I am lost, what guy are you talking about, and what does that have to do with this thread?

If you feel like I have treated you poorly please say so, I will aplogize and I will continue to help you.

Noxih

Wanderer
I have a router thats going bad an i have to unplug it for about 30 seconds then plug it back in again try that

WarAngel

Wanderer
cashmoney165 said:

He's stating that you need to follow the rules. It's easy to do, and it's a given that if you post a topic in the "Server Support" forum you need help. We don't need to see a post topic saying "HELP" in a help forum. Just use a more descriptive title next time.

And as for your problem, please do what Twlizer stated and post Serverlist.cs.

Phantom

Knight
WarAngel said:
He's stating that you need to follow the rules. It's easy to do, and it's a given that if you post a topic in the "Server Support" forum you need help. We don't need to see a post topic saying "HELP" in a help forum. Just use a more descriptive title next time.

And as for your problem, please do what Twlizer stated and post Serverlist.cs.

All I did was just inform him that his title sucked, told IF he didn't do it, more informative people might help him. I am trying to avoid doing a lecture of how he should do this and do that, based on Ryan's request.

When a user like cash goes on this unknown tangent its really hard.

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Phantom said:
I never called you an asshole, please show me where I did on this website, otherwise please keep your mouth shut.

Why are you being rude to me, I want to help you, I am just trying to inform you that using the word "Urgent" does not get the attention of the type of people who can help you.

The only reason I replied to you, was because I felt nice tonight, I really do regret that feeling though.

I never said u called me an asshole i said " then you got an asshole " by ryan, i didnt call u one and if i did sorry, but just cause i use the title Help!!!!! Please!!!!!! Urgent!!!! doesnt mean you or anyone has to ignore me i aint gonna sit there and type a foot long discription imma gonna put what i want, and if someone feels nice enough to help me then they can read w.e the problem is and if they dont feel like helping they can push the back button.