RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!!!! Please!!!!!! Urgent!!!!

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
Lol, No that is where he needs to put his ip address if he is behind a router..

Code:
* This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP:
		 * private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
It plainly says it in the script

7 pages do we have to go for 8 :p

WarAngel

Wanderer
Which is what he did. He replaced "private const string Address = whateverthataddresswas.no-ip.org" with his ip.

Are you saying he needs to replace it in the line
Code:
* private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
?

cashmoney165

Wanderer
???? How

Ryan_2005 said:
The only thing I see that happened is that your Routers Ip addressed changed To stop that you can go to www.no-ip.com and get a DNS name its very easy you will have to download no-ip and and sign up it will walk you threw every bit of it so its very simple [It will stop your ip address from changing and you wont have to worry about Ip changes]:)

How Do I Setup one?

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
Warangel...
No iam not telling him to change it iam telling him to put his ip address where it says 12.34.56.78

Cashmoney165...
All you got to do is follow the directions on thier website Also it will give you a whole page of directions when you download it to set it up

[Didt mean to post last message As you see i delete it]

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
And btw I forgot if hes going to use no-ip he needs to put his ip address here

Code:
* If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
		 * private const string Address = "shard.host.com";
Where it says Shard.Host.Com
He needs to change that to what ever he picks for hes DNS name

WarAngel

Wanderer
cashmoney165 said:
How Do I Setup one?

• Click on the "Sign-up Now!" link at the top.
  • Fill in all of your information.
  • Login. (You may have to answer a confirmation email.)
  • Under "Hosts/Redirect", click on the "Add" link.
  • Fill in your hostname (gothica), and choose a domain (no-ip.org, etc.). This combination would make your host redirect from gothica.no-ip.org.
  • Fill in IP Address with your ip address.
  • Click "Create Host".
  • At the top, click on "Downloads".
  • Select "Windows", and allow the download to finish. Run the executable.
  • Install the program.
  • Once it loads, fill in your account information. It will then continue to automatically update gothica.no-ip.org (or whatever domain you choose) with your ip address.

Phantom

Knight
cashmoney165 said:
Like this?

If so it dont work, tryed all three again, nothing not even showing the attempt and this is starting to get under my skin, i dont know how one day it can be running then one day it just not. not even one day same day i got off at like 2 am this mornign and tryed to get on at like 8

Your ip changed...Thats how it can stop working

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ryan_2005 said:
And btw I forgot if hes going to use no-ip he needs to put his ip address here

Code:
* If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
         * private const string Address = "shard.host.com";
Where it says Shard.Host.Com
He needs to change that to what ever he picks for hes DNS name

After you get your no-ip domain registered, you need to do this.

cashmoney165

Wanderer
Forget it This to much

WarAngel said:
After you get your no-ip domain registered, you need to do this.

ok forget it this to much i am getting confused from hell and i dont know how to work this no-ip S**t so imma just quit this crap.

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
Hehe cashmoney man if you follow the directions me and warangle gave you then you shoudnt have a problem and this post should be over :p

Look we may it to what? 8 pages :p

WarAngel

Wanderer
I just spent 5 minutes posting how to do it. It's quite simple, though I can understand your frustration. Go take a break, or get some sleep, and then come back to it at a later time. I get frustrated sometimes too, and you just need a break to clear your head. :)

smokified

Wanderer
top 3 reasons you will see this issue

1) you do not have a static WAN address. Your WAN address has changed
2) your router needs to be reset. Do this by unplugging the router for no less than one minute and then plugging it back in.. Unplugging your modem and shutting down the server during this time may help.
3) your ISP does not approve of anyone runnig servers without paying for a commercial connection therefore the port that you are running the server on has been blocked by your ISP and nobody will be able to connect

I am assuming that you are trying to connect to your own server using your WAN address because if a server is running on your LAN somewhere, you will ALWAYS be able to connect to it. Make sure you try to solve the 3 problems above before doing anything else.

Phantom

Knight
cashmoney165 said:
Do any of you have a mesenger??

this would be alot easier with a messenger.

Why not use the thread, and allow more people to help you, instead of one person who might not understand the problem?

jaketheman

Sorceror
Listen, Phantom said the someone has to touch something for it to go wrong.. sorry, but thats not true. Power outages or the plugin coming loose, or maybe someone else did touch it, and unplugged it on accident and replugged it back in, any what it happens your router, and hence forth your IP, can reset. Best bet, do what WarAngel said with the simple directions. Its not like you have to dig around and search to find the information you need, you decide what your name is.. all you have to do is click Download, and then Install, and pick a name.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I think he fixed the problem, but I'm not certain. I certainly hope so. Phantom was right though, as cashmoney said earlier in the discussion that "nothing" had changed, which includes power outages, it being unplugged, etc.