RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with adding Ter Mur and SA maps

Sythen

Sorceror
I'm guessing those blue wavy lines have something to do with your client versions. I got them using 7.0.10.0

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
It also depends on your client ver/ I am at 7.0.12.0 and for the most part I think I got the areas your talking about, UO did make a few map changes between 7.0.12.0 and 7.0.15 or what ever. when I tested it there was a section I found in Trammel, (I guess UO was testing something of an area) I wanted to use it for a special area,(went to up grade to a different client ver- And the area I had setup was gone... Frustrating, It was a nice looking Dungeon / entrance room,) so yea anything on the original maps and locations and your getting waves instead of the map it could be 2 things.

#1 - Maps def.cs (or what ever it is that setups you facet = map 5 bla bla bla)

2 -or your client Ver.

From what I have experianced.

JoshyB

Sorceror
I am using 2.0. I have 3000 custom scripts that I can not add to 2.1 or 2.2 so I havent upgraded to them. I guess I am hopeless lol

Sythen

Sorceror
You might try asking someone for the latest svn... a compiled version and go from there. I reverted to using the official RunUO svn release and it has quite a bit of ML in it... no lady melisande :p... and it is TerMur compatible as well. It works with client version 7.0.17.0 and so does razor so its simple to plug and play once you get the compiled version done up

Sythen

Sorceror
Here is the compiled version of the official RunUO .svn 752 release...

Attachments

• RunUO SVN 752.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • RunUO SVN 752.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 17

Varkasal

Sorceror
It works with client version 7.0.17.0 and so does razor so its simple to plug and play once you get the compiled version done up[/quote said:
Easy for a fresh install yes but not when you already have
I am using 2.0. I have 3000 custom scripts that I can not add to 2.1 or 2.2 so I havent upgraded to them. I guess I am hopeless lol
and im thinking im just on the plus side of that number as well lol.....
But I guess if we want change we have to learn to change and adapt.... so i guess ill upgrade

Dont know how i messed this post up to be all in quotes lol but oh well.

Varkasal

Sorceror
ok im now running SVN 756 and SA client 7.0.17.0 and still have the same prob this was on a fresh install.

The good news is all my scripts went in with no issues also lol so im right where i was before with just a newer client :(

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
(I suppose you updated your scripts Example( MapDefinitions.cs- RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules );
and so on..? If so then the map should be able to be accessed.

Varkasal

Sorceror
been done .... but still have the wavy blue lines

Anyone got any ideas why it would be doing that? I mean everyone else is saying with the new SVN and the client patched to 7.0.17.0 it works yet i still have the wavy lines...... any clues as to what it might be ?

Varkasal

Sorceror
Nope just dealing with it ... till i have time to really figure it out .... been working alot lately and when not at work was working on my website so little time to worry about a map lol

Cpt_Starfox

Sorceror
I'll kind of quote AlphaDragon in saying that it is probably either the MapDefinitions.cs file or make sure that your client and server are using the same file versions. Since you have said that the MapDefinitions.cs file is set correctly, I'd assume that the client and server are using different file versions (one patched higher than the other or something maybe).

Varkasal

Sorceror
Ive gone through the map defs file and the client and server are using the same files..... Im running 7.0.17.0 on both the client and the server .....

JoshyB

Sorceror
idk .. i checked my map def and it seems correct .... but obviously it isnt or it would be working lmao