RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with adding Ter Mur and SA maps

Sythen

Sorceror
i don't understand why my servers working then :/ cause I did have those lines and now they're gone. All I did was compile the svn and start fresh. Then type [go 341 613 26

Varkasal

Sorceror
Yeah obviously something is wrong, but seriously I had yesterday off and looked through everything i could think of from the MapDefinitions.cs, to map.cs, all the client side map.mul files and mapdif.mul files appear to be fine hell if know what is causing it.

Varkasal

Sorceror
i can go to the garden Sythen thats not the prob, i cant get to the holy city fishermans village the royal city or any of that i can enter the abyss but not the land based part of termur. when i attempt to go there its blue wavy lines al over and cant move other than to GM tele and i can see the landmass on the mini map but not in the game its just blue wavy lines..... like so .

Attachments

• Messedup.jpg
    Messedup.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 13

Sythen

Sorceror
Okay, on further test I got the same error... I never left that garden. My theory: tile ID's changed or moved... The map is functional because in SA dungeon we can navigate... the SA dungeon is on the same canvas as the Ter Mur world map or planet... just in a different location. That said, we should be able to fix this problem with a custom map. I will test that out in 30min

Sythen

Sorceror
compiling an all grass map now... this map is the same size as the trammel map height wise and the termur map width wise.... all grass terrain with random statics

Varkasal

Sorceror
Well now my question is this ..... Are we the only ones who have this issue or was everyone overlooking the actual Ter mur maps because they could enter the garden ........

Sythen

Sorceror
everyone including myself was overlooking the issue because we could enter the garden. I can't speak for anyone else, however my own take on it is simple: because termurs dimensions are that of trammel's and felucca's heightwise... OSI/EA/Mythic decided to use the bottom portion for the land map outside.. the Termur world... and the top part for the SA dungeon and 3 instances of the SA Dragon Champ area. The thing is that all of these areas are on the same plane so by filling in the entire map with grass... my theory is that it will prove that tiles were moved. The tiles I will be using will be the same ones in tram and fel.

Varkasal

Sorceror
Well I've avoided map editing at all hell I've pretty much avoided making changes to any graphics files period as i know very little about that aspect of the game.... though i have been debating learning it as i wouldn't mind having some custom maps....

Let me know how it goes sythen i gotta go get ready for work be back in like 15 min .

Sythen

Sorceror
well that didnt work either... the grass showed where it was supposed to but my character could not walk on the land... i started in the air and then fell and it was like a rinse and repeat deal... i kept running once i'd fall and then i'd spring back up to where i started in all directions. LOL go figure.

Varkasal

Sorceror
Lol ok So back to the drawing board as they say ....... just curious could we just replace the termur map with say a map of malas with water instead of the stars backdrop ?

Well its time for me to head to work ill be back on in the morning .... or about 7 hours from now short night tonight .... catch ya later .....

Varkasal

Sorceror
Got a feeling Sythen is still working on finding the cure lol hes still logged in and has not answered my pm to him so im just guessing but knowing him he probably is trying to figure it out lol.
Either that or hes gonna wake up with little imprents of the keyboard keys on his head :)

Hmm i was doing a bit of looking online to see if anyone else has posted anywhere how to get the map for Termur/SA to work ... and found a post on orbsidia or whatever its called about core changes that need to be made .... :( not something i wanna play with sigh .....

Cpt_Starfox

Sorceror
Alright, I don't use SA or Termur, but based on your problem, I wonder if the size set in the MapDefinitions.cs is not just the working size and not the actual size of the map mul file.

Sythen

Sorceror
Thats it! Runuo'S svn is updated for map recognition only... It doesnt have the edits for the map and tile changes... This is just a guess seeing as how there are no release notes that I have found on any svn version

Varkasal

Sorceror
OK i was talking to thilgon trying to figure this out and he gave me a different set of coords for an are in Termur Joshy and Sythen try this .....
750 3450 -20 im in termur and can walk :)

and now im off to work

JoshyB

Sorceror
AWESOME !!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooo Happy !!!! Thanx for the info i cant wait to start making my mark on this nice new unspoiled landmass Muahahahahaha

JoshyB

Sorceror
Yes it worked lol .. now I am trying to add it to the public moongates but of course I am having problems hahaha

Varkasal

Sorceror
Heh there is an old custom public moongates script somewhere on here that worked great .... i think it was Lokis but cont recall exactly ... and it was on my old PC not this one which is long gone lol ill see if i can find it on here cause it allowed you to custom locations pretty much anywhere was real handy .

Ok this is CEO's Moongate Library it may need some modifications to work on the new SVN it was in the post archives ..... I have not checked it out yet but this was the system i was talking about ..... here is a link to that post in the archives. so dont post anything there as its aa Old Thread
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ceos-moongatelibrary.78138/