RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Builder RC 12.2

UOMyway

Wanderer
Are these houses player owned?

I am new to using your program and am wondering if a house placed this way is just a static house or is it a played owned house with lockdowns and such?

QueenVamp

Wanderer
version 13

UOMyway said:
I am new to using your program and am wondering if a house placed this way is just a static house or is it a played owned house with lockdowns and such?

Using version 13 it seems to account for bans, lockdowns, storage..etc.

UOMyway

Wanderer
A few more questions

Forgive me for being a total idiot but here goes.

1. How do you create a house sign for a house created with HBRC13?

2. When I placed a test house I couldn't get it the front door, what am I doing wrong?

3. The two .txt files and the .xml file in the Internal folder, am supposed to do something with them?

4. Do house teleporters function?

TNDKillian

Wanderer
Many many things.....first i don't answer questions to people who can't read the posts before ( scolling )......

Hmm unlimitet floors....this is something i added later, first the core must be perfectly running.

Zooming is only function in the version i have and i have many many many many many bugs in it....so it will take some time....

With the housedoor where i can't walk in......the doors are not added as basedoor, only as item. So u can't open it yet.....its on my todo list ;)

And u bring me on great ideas.....i am going to develop to patch the multis and add the runuo scripts automaticly for the deeds.cs and the multi.cs....but first it will get on the todo list ;)

Hmmm and i need some people who can help me developing....alone its many many work wich takes many many time to me....interested mail me....

CYA Killian

Umm i hate to pick, but please read my comment on the first page.. Theres a major bug...

Also, what about the ability to see through walls as to what you are placing there.

TNDKillian

Wanderer
CaffeineJunkie said:
Umm i hate to pick, but please read my comment on the first page.. Theres a major bug...

Also, what about the ability to see through walls as to what you are placing there.
Yes....i am working on it......just give me some time ^^ every bug is written down, so i don't lost one ;)

Oh and the transparency......hmmm....i will try....not sure if work....

Almassey

Sorceror
I had ver 12.2 and it wouldn't let me build the house. So I dl'd ver 13, problem solved, but now I cant seem to scroll around to build. How can I fix this?

House Maker

Wanderer
Use the arrow keys to move the foundation around, or hold shift and left click and move the foundation around.

Also TNDKillian ..
Do you think you could give us the source code, so we try and give a hand with the program.. :D

TNDKillian

Wanderer
HBRC Source

Hi!

Ok, here is the sourcecode of the current unstable version.

Download

Its with the zoom function, wich dose not realy work at this moment.....if u want to see it, just edit the Zoom var in the HouseDesigner.cs.......

Have fun with it ^^ and don't ask me how some functions work.....i only answer questions to functions wich are very very difficult, like the paint and mouse funcs in housedesigner.cs ......all other stuff is very easy to understand.....so don't panic ;)

Bye Killian

PS Oh i only zip the whole folder on my HD, the combine and project is from SharpDevelop 0.99

PPSS Oh and someone like to optimize the code ( there are many things i want to edit but don't have the time for it ) just make it ^^ The code looks a bit scary at some lines :)

Just ran into this tool and have to say it's an excellent piece of work. I'd help develop it but unfortunately I just got dragged into a big project at work (big and boring database project too :S).

Either way I'd like to know if house designs once added to the shard can be frozen with the [freeze command.

I was unable to test this as I am currently testing 5 other scripts and don't want to risk any unforseen accidents.

Nonetheless I commend you on your prowess, this is definitely _the_ tool when it comes to offline house design.

Additionally how _does_ one give the created house to a player? I can easily generate it on a custom house pad but this doesn't seem like the ideal solution since you can then customize the actual house pad without taking the generated house into account.
Is this feature implemented or should I just shut up and stick it on a custom pad? :p

Pink Floyd

Wanderer
it doesn't work

I've tried with all the two versions, but when i run the exe it gives me an error in application initializing

tejster24

Sorceror
Captain The First said:
Just ran into this tool and have to say it's an excellent piece of work. I'd help develop it but unfortunately I just got dragged into a big project at work (big and boring database project too :S).

Either way I'd like to know if house designs once added to the shard can be frozen with the [freeze command.

I was unable to test this as I am currently testing 5 other scripts and don't want to risk any unforseen accidents.

Nonetheless I commend you on your prowess, this is definitely _the_ tool when it comes to offline house design.

Additionally how _does_ one give the created house to a player? I can easily generate it on a custom house pad but this doesn't seem like the ideal solution since you can then customize the actual house pad without taking the generated house into account.
Is this feature implemented or should I just shut up and stick it on a custom pad? :p
build it on a custom house base of the right size, then use [designinsert to add it to the house.

I have tried loading House Builder 13 and 12, for that matter. When the utiltiy loads, a pop up appears stating that my system cannot handle an "exception" - goes into some sort of debug mode. What is left is the spalsh screen that says loading toolbox and dies. The only way I can stop this is with the task manager.

House Maker

Wanderer
Tunny Pattison said:
I have tried loading House Builder 13 and 12, for that matter. When the utiltiy loads, a pop up appears stating that my system cannot handle an "exception" - goes into some sort of debug mode. What is left is the spalsh screen that says loading toolbox and dies. The only way I can stop this is with the task manager.

I have had several people run into this. Make sure you have all the widows updates, including .Net Framework 1.1 And make sure not to copy the exe to the desktop, if you are doing this, but make a shortcut to it. Also make sure not to run the exe from the zip file. It will not work. And last, make sure you have UO2D installed, as this program will not work with UO3D.

LordNemesis

Wanderer
I am under winxp and i have the error following with house builder:
IP PROCESSUS=0X164 (356), ID THREAD=0XB0 (176)

I have tested several versions (RC 12/12.2/13).
I owe to install in a particular repertory?

Thank you