RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Builder RC 12.2

hcker2000

Wanderer
Hey I would just like to say that I'v been using this for a good while and have found that I much prefer this to Uo Architect on orbsydia's site. Yours seems to run faster and I like the fact that I dont need to build the foundation. I also like the fact that I can add my own items to the list :) Keep up the great work.

master41124

Wanderer
found a bug..

my runuo server command prefix is '.' instead of '[' (im used to sphere gming). anyway, i changed the server prefix in the options to '.', but when i hit build, it freaked and used '['.. obviously it spammed my server like crazy and didnt do anything. so whats the problem?

alambik

Sorceror
Bug found on RC13

Found on RC13 (probably memory error)

To reproduce:

In the toolbox window:
- expand "Walls"
- expand "Roofs"
- Select the last roof (Stone White Roof)
- Press and hold the "up" arrow key of the keyboard to reach the top of the window.

--> Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application ha generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ix=0x--- (----), Thread id=0x---(---).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

PS: This soft is really great and useful! Thank's :)

Trilia

Sorceror
Question.. When I place my house in the game, none of the doors work. How can I fix that?

Also, I noticed that using this sort of a house makes the users lag quite badly when they are around it, is there any way to fix that?

alambik

Sorceror
Hello:

For the doors, don't try to use the HouseBuilder: those are not RunUO "item" door instances.
Delete them, and add the doors manualy in game. (Pandora box is good for this).

When you have a lot of items in game, the communication between the clients and the server are increased, because the objects are dynamical object. The solution found by UO deigners has been to create "static" items: the list of those items are placed directly on the client computer. So, no communication are needed for all those "static items", and so: no lag.

To convert your house in static items, use the "freeze" command. But be careful, this command modify the files in your computer, but not in the players computer, so you will need to provide those file containing the "static items" list to your players. Of course, as the name say, "static" items can not be moves. (UOGateway is good for this). After this, you will have no lag. Note that you can transform static items to dynamic items with the "unfreeze" command, so you can move them again.

This is a little complex to understand at the beginning, but with time after that, you'll understand much more things.

Have Fun.

Trilia

Sorceror
Thanks for the answers :)

Which files in specific would be changed and thus need to be made available to my players?

alambik

Sorceror
Tip of the day:
After using the freezecommand, to see which file has change, display the files with full description in window browser of your data directory and sort it by time. You should see the recent modified ones.

Trilia

Sorceror
I tried using the freeze command, and followed the instructions for making the server use different data files, and no matter what I do I still get the error that it couldn't freeze the building :(

Trilia

Sorceror
Yep, I followed the instructions to a T. I put the data files in a data folder, then changed the datapath.cs file to reflect the new folder. Still getting the error :(

alambik

Sorceror
Ah! I know :)
You are not generating your building in a good way:

There are two method to make the building in HouseBuilder:
- generate a RunUO script that create a deed a house Item
- use the "BUILD" function of HouseBuilder.

The first method isn't efficient: it is crating Item as a C# custom class, you cannot freeze it.

The second method is the good one:
- Create your building with HouseHuilder, then, in game, go to the place where you want to build it: your character symbolyse the origin coordonate of your house. Be careful to well evaluate where will be the house.
- Then, in HouseBuilder, select Design->Build: this will generate your house with dynamic items. BE CAREFUL: DO NOT MOVE DURING THE BUILDING PROCESS! This method use the in-game speech commands. Since the "speech" sentences pipe is quickly full, it can take several minutes before your house is built, depending of how much elements there are in your building.
- Modify some elements eventually, if you want to move all the house, use this RunUO in-game command: [group inc [x|y|z] <value>
- Freeze it.
- Copy staidx0.mul and statics0.mul in your UO Client directory
- Provide those files to your players.
(note: those two last points are easier with UOGateway)

This is a more annoying method, but, it is the good way to have a clean, and fast server for your players.

You can also use "UOArchitect", it's another tool, more friendly, however, a little more difficult to build the house. But the advantage is that there are already a lot of design created by this community that you can reuse. You also have to freeze the house after building it.

Trilia

Sorceror
The "default" message. It says the freeze failed and that it probably means my data files are shared. But they are not.

alambik

Sorceror
Personaly, i use a set of copies of those files for my UO Server that I provide to my players to be sure they use all my modification on map0 and aother modified graphics:

Staidx0.mul
Statics0.mul
Map0.mul
Stadifl0.mul
Stadifi0.mul
Stadif0.mul
Verdata.mul
Tiledata.mul
Mapdifl0.mul
Mapdif0.mul
Hues.mul
Multi.mul
Multi.idx
Multimap.rle

I don't know actually why you've got this message at this point.
I am using RunUO 36 with UO Age of shadows and i've found no problem doing all this. There's probably a missing point, but I can't see it, sorry.

LordHogFred

Knight
Um just wondering if there is a particular website or something where you can DL houses people have made ??

Just wondering :p

Thanks,