RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I spoke with god...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:
"He created man. Since then, he has not created nor destroyed." I said that after you pointed that out the first time. Now comes the question: can you read? I think that's more pertinent than whether or not God can eat burritos.

By the way, I would love you to point out any ignorant statements on my part. I will point yours out in response. It will only require my to copy and paste everything you've said in this entire thread.
You are such an ignorant, christian, republican asshole.

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
You are such an ignorant, christian, republican asshole.

I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in the existance of God as christians state it. I'm simply taking their side because I don't think any of you are correct in the ways you disprove him.

I'm not a Republican. I support their economics point-of-view.
I'm not a Democrat. I support their personal freedom point-of-view.

Now, who is ignorant?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:
I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in the existance of God as christians state it. I'm simply taking their side because I don't think any of you are correct in the ways you disprove him.

I'm not a Republican. I support their economics point-of-view.
I'm not a Democrat. I support their personal freedom point-of-view.

Now, who is ignorant?
I actually meant stubborn but oh well ignorant works too. *laffs at you not refuting the asshole part*

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
I actually meant stubborn but oh well ignorant works too. *laffs at you not refuting the asshole part*

The only ignorant ones in this topic are those who know nothing about the things they are talking about, aka: you and those taking your side.

Ignorant
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

I am not ignorant of religious material. I have 16 quarters of religous education under my belt. That is more than just about anyone who has disagreed with me on religion on these forums can say.

95% of the people on this forum are assholes. I have nothing to refute because I know that I am sometimes.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:
The only ignorant ones in this topic are those who know nothing about the things they are talking about, aka: you and a few others.

Ignorant
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
I know what it means, you have done about as much as anyone to try to support there case, meaning, not much. Calling everyone else an idiot doesn't prove you point.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, you told me to:
People have been coming up with "what if" situations for ages to try and disprove things, and it never works. If you're forced to use "what if" statements to disprove something, you obviously have a lack of any solid evidence.
How better to counter a 'what if' statement than with another?
Religions aren't based on "what if" statements. The Bible doesn't being with "what if God spent seven days creating light, the earth, and its inhabitants?"
Religions are based on the question "What if God exists?". That is the entire basis of religion.....
Oh, and religious people use 'what if' statements to attempt to prove religion, why can't it go both ways?
He created man. Since then, he has not created nor destroyed. God does not make burritos. Besides, the conondrum of the burrito is not a way to disprove anything.
As I said, the burrito question is deep, and you have to look deeper. I would like to know where you saw in the bible about God not creating or destroying anything since man's creation too. Also, you have no idea if God is making burritos or not.
PS: Teh internet is not a place to learn a person's beliefs. They have entire careers devoted to that.
I hate to use such a tacky buzz phrase, but "Information super highway." The internet is anything we make it. Besides, I am not the one starting the religious threads.

That covers most of the stupid things you have said the past two pages. I would be happy for you to point out any contradictory or illogical statements on my part.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I am not ignorant of religious material. I have 16 quarters of religous education under my belt. That is more than just about anyone who has disagreed with me on religion on these forums can say.

You are trying to disprove something you know nothing about. You are the ignorant one.

Johabius

Knight
Calm down!
With that said, God exists in the bottom of this bottle of beer that I am about to consume.:D
*and no one has answered my question about the dinosaurs, David came close when he said something about God lighting the fuse on the Big Bang, but where did the dinosaurs come from?*
Were the dinosaurs an experiment by God that just wasn't written about in the Bible?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
Ok, you told me to:

Religions are based on the question "What if God exists?". That is the entire basis of religion.....

As I said, the burrito question is deep, and you have to look deeper. I would like to know where you saw in the bible about God not creating or destroying anything since man's creation too. Also, you have no idea if God is making burritos or not.

I hate to use such a tacky buzz phrase, but "Information super highway." The internet is anything we make it. Besides, I am not the one starting the religious threads.

That covers most of the stupid things you have said the past two pages. I would be happy for you to point out any contradictory or illogical statements on my part.

"What is God exists?" is not the entire basis of religion. Ask any believer if God exists and they will answer yes. As I keep saying, you know nothing about the things you are trying to disprove.

The burrito question has no further deepening. It is a "what if", hypothetical question so you can evade using logic to "disprove" God.

I'm not starting religious threads either.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:

You are trying to disprove something you know nothing about. You are the ignorant one.
What does that religious education teach you about? The actual history of the religion or the stories inside a book, any decent english class can teach you the same thing.

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
What does that religious education teach you about? The actual history of the religion or the stories inside a book, any decent english class can teach you the same thing.

Thank you for proving my point.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Then why did you type the things that I quoted? You typed them, not me. Do you deny that you posted them or do you deny that they are stupid comments to make? Care to explain your logic for once? It seems I am doing all the explaining and you are doing all the criticizing. Aren't you the one with the religious education?

As I stated earlier, I am trying to understand, not disprove. Trying to disprove religion is a losing battle. In your case, I think it is funny how you sling criticisms around when they are mostly wrong....

EDIT:
"What is God exists?" is not the entire basis of religion. Ask any believer if God exists and they will answer yes. As I keep saying, you know nothing about the things you are trying to disprove.

The burrito question has no further deepening. It is a "what if", hypothetical question so you can evade using logic to "disprove" God.
As I said earlier, faith is not proof. Religion is based on if a God exists. It is not a fact that God exists.
The burrito question is very logical, it is asking "Can a supreme being exist?". It is not hypothetical if you believe God exists.
Thanks for proving my point.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
Then why did you type the things that I quoted? You typed them, not me. Do you deny that you posted them or do you deny that they are stupid comments to make? Care to explain your logic for once? It seems I am doing all the explaining and you are doing all the criticizing. Aren't you the one with the religious education?

As I stated earlier, I am trying to understand, not disprove. Trying to disprove religion is a losing battle.

I don't to comment on them because I still agree whole-heartedly with what I said, and have nothing else to say about things I agree with. I don't need to become a broken record.

I'm not explaining religion because you don't understand nor care to understand how it works, so it would be pointless. You'll simply do what you've done in every topic you've tried to disprove (moon landing, anyone?) and provide things you don't even think up yourself not out of any logical throught-process that may have occured in your mind, but out of a hate of what it is your arguing against.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Storm said:
Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't prove any of your points. My statements, especially the ones you quoted, continue to go against everything you have said. By the way, stop editing your posts to try to make yourself look better after the fact that you've already made an ass of yourself.

Slayer706

Sorceror
I'm not explaining religion because you don't understand nor care to understand how it works, so it would be pointless. You'll simply do what you've done in every topic you've tried to disprove (moon landing, anyone?) and provide things you don't even think up yourself not out of any logical throught-process that may have occured in your mind, but out of a hate of what it is your arguing against.

There is the difference. Most other people on this forum see it necessary to explain themselves when something comes up. You just accept that you are right and the other person is wrong. Whatever floats your boat man.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Storm said:
As I said earlier, faith is not proof. Religion is based on if a God exists. It is not a fact that God exists.

Religion is not based on the question of whether God exists. Religion exists due to faith in the idea that God does exist.

People don't go to Church so that people can attempt to prove God to them, or ask if God exists. They go because they believe. The same works with every other religion in the world.

Please, don't try to change the meaning of words.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
There is the difference. Most other people on this forum see it necessary to explain themselves when something comes up. You just accept that you are right and the other person is wrong. Whatever floats your boat man.

I already explained to you why I am not going to try and "prove" religion to you. Stop being redundant.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, if everyone believed a God didn't exist, would they worship a God? No. However if everyone believed a God did exist, would they worship a God? Yes.

So...... How exactly is religion not based off of if you believe in a supreme being(s) again?

EDIT - It seems the only thing you can explain is the reason you won't explain anything else.

WarAngel

Wanderer
You are trying to prove a different point that what you're arguing.

What you want to say is that "religion was founded off of the idea of 'Does God exist?'"

What you are saying is that religion is based off of that idea. They are two entirely different things.

bzk90

Lord
*watches the plot unfold in a fashion surprisingly similar to dragon ball z*

Gaahhh no! I'm Stronger!!!
NUH UHH IM STRONGER...HAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
HAAAAAAAAAAAH
if 1 < 2 than repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.