RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*idea!* The War of the Four Kingdoms

Alis

Wanderer
In advise create II Custom Maps create new animations characters such as new mobiles etc. make New Cities make new systems etc that would be great but it will be unstable :) but i would like to help in the scripting or in the alpha test what ever with maybe 40-50 players.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Alis said:
In advise create II Custom Maps create new animations characters such as new mobiles etc. make New Cities make new systems etc that would be great but it will be unstable :) but i would like to help in the scripting or in the alpha test what ever with maybe 40-50 players.

That's a long way out, but is planned. Cities in the game are dynamic -- mayors can define them, through our custom regions. Maps....eh...when we make our own client...which is definitely way down the road. New systems come if we ever make our own back end...which won't be for a while, anyhow...

You are definitely signed up for the alpha test...if I need something scripted, I shall call on you :)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah. This project is temporarily on hold while I finish TMSS 3.0 in time for Release 2 of The ShardPack.

Sooooo much work!!! O_O!

TMSTKSBK

Lord
If someone wants to do it, what I need is a sort of transactional database almost, in order to keep track of units, especially army units.

Basics:
Each level should have an "add commander" button.
Needs to list units in the following order:
Unassigned
1st Army
2nd Army
3rd...

Those should be buttons. When one is clicked, you get a list like this:
Unassigned
1st Division
2nd Division...

You then get Brigade, Platoon, and Patrol. By the time you get to Platoons, you may need more than one page per Brigade.

The particular actions are not particularly important, I just need the gump designed. Namespace is "Server.WFK". Gump should look nice.

//edit:
We still need:

1. We need a custom region system. This is the biggest task ahead of us.
2. We need to know the number of 10x10 regions on every map, NOT including dungeons. This is an aboveground game.
3. We need a Mobile type BaseTroop. I can probably supply that...provided I can find what I've done before.
4. We need a BaseWarship. Inherits from BaseBoat, and has tons of extra props.
5. We need a BaseBuilding. This is inherited from BaseAddon, and has a few extra props.
6. We need designs for gumps for Kings, Prime Ministers, Mayors, Governors, Generals, Army/Division/Battalion/Detachment Commanders. I'll release specs for these later. Just get to work on a basic plan.
7. We need items to designate kingship, generalship...etc.
8. We need a bunch of commands, which I'll specify later.
9. I need help with building all 120+ buildings! If you want to help with that, and are good at deco/Pandora's, IM me at TMSTKSBK, or email me at [email protected] for further info.
10. We need bunches of testers. Call your whole shards to come help at some few months into the future. The first four shard admins to commit 10 players get kingships in the second beta test game.
11. We need to work on formations for units.
12. We need to work on administration of the game and formulas for a bunch of things.
13. We need resources. Wood, Food, Gold, Steel. We need to create really obvious gather points for these resources.
14. We need a BaseCitizen. Should be based off of an NPC, and modified to take commands, such as gather, build, repair, attack, defend.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I just saw this thread now. Sounds great and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but you could give the troops orders on where to go by using the maps ingame. Much like plotting a course with a boat.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
one question that I have for you about this, is it intended to be added on to an existing (normal) shard? Or would this be added from the very beginning to a new, specialty shard?

The reason that I'm asking is that it seems to me that it would be a much cleaner design if you said right from the get go that it should be used on a specialty shard... that way, you could even provide a custom map for it. It could make things slightly easier in some ways.
It also strikes me as a project that not many people would neccesarily want to use on there own (normal) shard. That's not a bad thing, though. The system is just so big that I don't see many being confortable adding something like this to a shard that's otherwise attempting to be an OSI clone.
Of course, I'm making a generalization there... but I don't think that it's completly off base.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
This is definitely not an OSI-clone shard's game.

Although it is indeed easier to begin this game at the beginning of the shard, it is not *necessary* to do that. It can be started at any point in a shard's gameplay.

As for custom maps, the system should work, no matter which map it is on. In fact, it is supposed to span all five facets.

There can be players who are not related to one of the kingdoms in the game. This gives the game an even more realistic sort of sense. These players are "free agents", who can swear fealty to any king they choose (with some restrictions).

pacolaco2

Sorceror
I would love to test this TMS, I'll also begin to build some buildings and use Arya's script thing when I get the chance. I just need more specifics on what condition the buildings are in based on their stage (EG: Archaic= mud walls, no roofs, bamboo walls, etc.)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
aha!

I have a few of the buildings built. You can see them higher up. You can also catch me on AIM and I'll hook you up with GM power on the construction shard.

I'm in transit to my dorm for a few hours starting now...then I'll be back on.

Blackblade16

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
OKAY! I'm gonna start signing people up for the first alpha test game...although that could be several months down the road. We're gonna need at least 12 people to play (preferably more like 50)...so...call your buddies. If you want to test, and aren't on the list, post and say so.

Alpha Test List:
The Noob
Manu
Radwen?
Rabban
Packer898
Joeku
slayer1ss
BeneathTheStars
Quick_Fingers
Alis
Seth909090
i'll be glad to help with building and testing. im pretty good at making buildings and moding items/moongates(changing them to anything u want) thats pretty much it tho :-/

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
DontdroptheSOAD said:
I just saw this thread now. Sounds great and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but you could give the troops orders on where to go by using the maps ingame. Much like plotting a course with a boat.
Man even back then i was a genius.

omglmao ... I have been thinkg of something like this for like um 5 months oO.

Note this is the first ive seen of this thread .....