RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

Tintamar

Sorceror
Just a question.

Does this generate region scripts and set them in Regions.xml or it this all controled just on the stone... so if you delete stone you delete regions?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Tintamar said:
Just a question.

Does this generate region scripts and set them in Regions.xml or it this all controled just on the stone... so if you delete stone you delete regions?

if you delete the stone, you delete the region, it doesnt make an xml file... but would be cool if it did

Tintamar

Sorceror
KillerBeeZ said:
if you delete the stone, you delete the region, it doesnt make an xml file... but would be cool if it did

Cool thanks. Very useful script indeed. Thanks for answer KillerBeeZ

And thanks for posting this ASayre8

I think I will go have some fun with it right now :)

smokified

Wanderer
I read about 9 pages of this thread, and im hoping there is somone still checking this thread.

I have seen a few people talking about the allow harm players.
A little cariifcation is needed. Does this option make it so other players can harm other players? or is it just for npc monsters to harm other players.

what im trying to do is set up a zone in malas for duels. It seems that the only thing im having trouble getting to work is players harming players with spells or mele attacks. Also, poeple can cast, but are not allowed to summon say an EV. It just says the location is blocked. I dont necessarily want it in this area, but for future regions that i create it would be good.

One more thing...what good would it do to make your new region have any other priority lower than the highest (using the normal OSI SE map), because it seems that all areas have region specific properties anyways.

Thanks in advance

wit22tt

Wanderer
I checked through this thread and didn't find anything I was looking for. I was wondering if there was a way to allow recalling into a region you create with this script. I would like to keep the region around a custom area I built, but I'd like players to be able to recall into it. Thanks for any help :)

sirbum69

Wanderer
awsome script man...did just what i wanted it to do....i took the zoo in moonglow and used it for my custom monsters but i didnt want ppl to tame them or some of the monsters were teleporting past the fence and killing ppl....

with this i was able to just set some bounding boxes and wala they can attack now...

question i have is when i was setting the bounding box i tried to make it the hole area of the zoo but it seemed to stop half way is this because it can only do a certain distance....

and is there a way to see the box as you are creating it...thanks

newbies13

Sorceror
I don't know if it has been suggested or not, or if it's even possible. But I think that another option to make players criminal/attackable would be great with this. I think most people use it for events and special area's, and I have run into the problem that blue's are counting other blues and such at FFA events.

Having an option to make everyone's noteriety attackable or perma criminal, would solve many potential headaches.

Ripher

Wanderer
Im haveing the same problem as smokified, im trying to create a pvp arena in malas, and cant seem to get it set so players can attack other players.
Is there a fix for this?

Besides that everything works fine, excellent script!

p.s. We have no fel on our shard, and all lands have the tram rule set.

kilobit

Wanderer
Disallow reds

Hello, i would love to add an option to this script. Can anyone show me how to add a section for disallow reds??

thx

Phantom

Knight
arazons said:
may want to try adding a boolean property to allow or disallow anything with "this.kills => 5"

Asayre has not worked on this script for over a year, I doubt anything will be done.

arazons

Sorceror
Nay but that does not prevent:

Quote kilobit:
Hello, i would love to add an option to this script. Can anyone show me how to add a section for disallow reds??

thx

from doing this himself... which is what i posted for :)

s1m0n1e

Wanderer
Ive seen lots of posts about this, but is there a way to stop fame/karma loss and murder counting in the region and make everyone in the region crim to allow full spell use for necro's and paladins?

Phantom

Knight
arazons said:
Nay but that does not prevent:

Quote kilobit:

from doing this himself... which is what i posted for :)

I know he has no attention of doing it himself.

Ive seen lots of posts about this, but is there a way to stop fame/karma loss and murder counting in the region and make everyone in the region crim to allow full spell use for necro's and paladins?

You have to modify the script to do what you want.

X

Xplozive

Need Some Help

Its about this system when i set this up, and try to disable sword/mace/fenc/
You can still use the 3 skills is there a way that they can use wapons or use the skills at all.
Thanks