RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

smoksalot

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
I speak fluent typo....

can you make it so you can create zones that lower ones thirst... (desidrate = dehydrate)

and

can you create zones that poison people

At least thats what I get from that.

This is 100% Correct nice translation. You get an A+

zedar

Wanderer
understand

KillerBeeZ my understood I am to afflict I am so bad in English (I use a translator on the Net to write to you )

KillerBeeZ

Knight
zedar said:
KillerBeeZ my understood I am to afflict I am so bad in English (I use a translator on the Net to write to you )

well its better than typing in French (not that there is anything wrong with French), only a select few would be able to read it.

Vini

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
I'm making soemthing people will ned to add/change/create on the fly. I'm not going to do your shards scripting for you ;)
Well I'm not realy asking you to do scripting for me.
The thing is that I actualy had idea to make minig quest kind of thing. So people will have to go around the maps and find a place where specific ore can be dug and then dig there for a long time to get special monster spawned and so on. But if that idea suxx than its ok. When I'll get time I'll make it myself.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Vini said:
Well I'm not realy asking you to do scripting for me.
The thing is that I actualy had idea to make minig quest kind of thing. So people will have to go around the maps and find a place where specific ore can be dug and then dig there for a long time to get special monster spawned and so on. But if that idea suxx than its ok. When I'll get time I'll make it myself.

It's more of soemthing that would be specific to just one shard, not a widely used feature or nuffin.

"
can you make it so you can create zones that lower ones thirst... (desidrate = dehydrate)

and
Quote:
you will be able creates zones or one is automatically empoisoné (lesser poison)

can you create zones that poison people"

That's more of Shard-specific stuff that you'd prolly never need to edit on the fly anyways whichc this wasn't designed for.

KillerBeeZ -> Sure, I'll add in something either in the comments of the sCript or whatver the Version of it.

Anyways, Sorry for the slow updates on this, been working On Factions too so My time has been divided.

bleis

Sorceror
I still have the bug where the guard region is not saved, if it is set to false, I have upgraded to your ver. 3,6 and even deleted all old regioncrontrollers. I have one region where the save works, and severeal where it returns to guarded after restart, I realy dont get it, is there some special setup that wont allow the not guarded zone to save ??

ASayre

RunUO Developer
bleis said:
I still have the bug where the guard region is not saved, if it is set to false, I have upgraded to your ver. 3,6 and even deleted all old regioncrontrollers. I have one region where the save works, and severeal where it returns to guarded after restart, I realy dont get it, is there some special setup that wont allow the not guarded zone to save ??

Are you able to give steps to reproduce the error? as, throiugh my testing, I cannot.

Also, to everyone else about not updating in a ahiwle.. Sorry, been preoccupied working on Factions stead of this for a while :)

Thraxus

Sorceror
This is just a really minor thing, but perhaps when a RegionControl is placed, the boolean options in the props could be set to more appropriate default settings?

As it is now, almost everything is set to False when the RegionControl is placed, so if you want a mostly normal region with only one or two special conditions, you have to go through everything and set the bools back to True.

IsGuarded seems to be the exception, as it shows up as True already, but that's likely the opposite of what most regions will need, so the issue is the same. :p

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Ghetto_Santa said:
u should make it so u can make places like the jail

you are welcome to do so if you wish, in other words, he made this with his own time, and released it for free to the public, thus the old saying....

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

bean56

Wanderer
of course of heard of this around the boards even before you released it to the public, but I always thought meh i can just change my regions myself, but now i'm really bored and was looking around and you know you did a dang good job on this of course. I think I might have to use it for little areas :D . Thanks a bunch asayre8. And please feel free to help me with any scripts :p

D

draco

One thing you should add to the Area, Chaos and Order Area, allous only chaos or order to enter the specific areas.

Cabadam

Sorceror
Great job on this script! It's a great help!

Can I make two suggestions?
1) Is it possible to set a "GO" location for this? When I type [go myregion (where myregion is the name I entered in [props) it dumps me in the middle of the ocean... thats just no good :)

2) On the add region area, would it be possible to manually enter the coords of the rectangle rather than go through and click. On some large regions it can be difficult to do this. I already have the coords written down that I want.

Anyhow, thanks again, this has saved me a lot of time!

Rogue

Wanderer
Having Issue with "no attack" within?

Greetings & Well Met All,

I am having a bit of an umm "unique problem" possibly and am hoping someone wiser than I might help. I first downloaded this wonderful script a few months back, took me awhile to get time to "play around with it", however was having a few problems with it.... I returned here today and seen and downloaded the latest version and sure enough it did fix all the problems I had with ONE big exception.....

When players enter the controled region, which I am trying to make a "Dead Magic Zone" (meaning NO magery spells work whatsoever) however Chivilary, Necro, as well as some of our custom Druid & Cleric spells would, players cant seem to attack the monsters, nor monsters attack them. The monsters act as if the player is "invisible" to them and simply dally about without concern of the players at all. When players TRY to attack the monsters it says you cannot, even with a sword or other attack besides magic. No magery spells work, so that part is great, but I was trying to create a true challenge dungeon for non-mages.

Perhaps it is WHERE I have built this custom dungeon or HOW I did it, so let me quickly describe that... I used the various seperate "cavern areas" near the Trammel Star Room on the global map. I linked them with teleporters one to another to tie them together. It crossed my mind if perhaps because these areas were "UNDERGROUND" that could be the source of my problem? Regardless I went to the 2 farest corners, added a static tile in limbo and place the REGION flag and made my two points (that include all of the various mini-caves). Everything is working great as far as my menus to choose which spells I wish to omit, (which I have tried clicking ALL magery spells, and also tried just turning off the MAGERY skill, both cause same problem for me), it gets all set up and then over and over and over players cannot attack or be attacked....

*SIGH*, can someone please offer assistance? it would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks so much,
Lady Rogue (Rogues Manor Shard)

S

Seven

You have to actually do [props on the region control and then set allowharmplayer true and allowharmnpc true and some others, i think that was it all I had to do. But that should give ya a start how to fix it :)

oh also there is one for looting npc corpse set that one true too...

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Seven said:
You have to actually do [props on the region control and then set allowharmplayer true and allowharmnpc true and some others, i think that was it all I had to do. But that should give ya a start how to fix it :)

oh also there is one for looting npc corpse set that one true too...

just keep in mind the setting for looting own corpse must be the opposite of what you want (unless that was fixed, I forget which version I'm using)

Thank you for a wonderful and most useful script. Like tupperware or velcro, anyone with the right knowledge might have been able to make it, but YOU got the idea and created it when noone else had thought about it, and that is most appreciated by me and the GM's on my shard. *S* Thanks for the script.

Zero_X

Wanderer
I wonder is it possible in the RegionControl to disable certain pots, and disable use of poison?

BTW WONDERFUL SCRIPT (L)

E

Eddie Vandetti

ASayre8 said:
Summary:
These customizable regions allow Staff to be able to add and remove and customize regions without needing a script update. The staff member can allow/disallow Spells/Skills And much more.

Description:
UPDATES:
4/21 [3.6]:
/sigh. I DID have the guarded bug fixed, but, when I uploaded it, I didn't upload the working file with the fix. So. Here it is. Tested and everything. (For once)

Also fixed the priority bugs, Wans't a bug with priority, just the region not updating at the right times... I think I tested it all accordingly and stuff and it all seemed to work.. so, test it out for me & tell me! :)

Fixed bug where Showbounds didn't have the top-right corner piece.

ShoBounds will now tell you teh region priority of the region if you target a mobile.

4/21 [3.5]:
Fixed the other half of Guard Bug. Should be 100% fixed and bug free now.

Added command [RegionBounds . This command will work for ANY Region. Just target a Mobile to display the bounds for that Mobile, or Target a RegionControl to display the bounding areas for that.

That features uses effects and not an actual item to reduce lag and so it's not permanent. This is intended.

Because of this features, Scripters can use the static methods in there to show bounds of ANY region or ANY rectangle2D that they want. Just use Functions ->

Code:
static void ShowRegionBounds( Region r )
static void ShowRectBounds( Rectangle2D r, Map m )

As always, Please post any more suggestions or Bugs, Yaada yaada!

4/17 [3.2]:
Allowed the Region to just use the default light level... Set LightLevel to a negative number.

Fixed bugs where the Saved Guarded status would, after restart, become the opposite of what it was before.

Please re-download & remember to Post any bugs or Suggestions :)

4/14 [3.1]:
Allowed these regions to be Guardable! :) you can either use any of the commands for normal guarded regins as well as setting it via [props. This WILL save :)

Allowed resticting of Potions

Allowed restricting of Looting your own corpse, Other player corpses, And NPC corpses.

Allowed setting the light level.

Please re-download & remember to Post any bugs or Suggestions :)

This used to be a Subscriber-only release but I've now released it here for the public, along with some more minor Bug Fixes.

Please post any suggestions and/or Bugs and I'll try to fix or implement it :)

Installation:
Unzip and place this in your script folder. To add it ingame, type

[add RegionControl

Then double click & [props it.

Nice script, was wondering if you could make it to add jails? (Jails by OSI suck really bad) Was wondering if you could set a place to be like a jail.

Zero_X

Wanderer
I edited the CanUsePotions into
CanUseHealPotions
CanUseCurePotions
etc

Cuz, under some events/quest/tourneys, you might want to prohibit certain pots.

Attachments

• DifferentPotions.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 41