RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

Heftiger

Wanderer
My server has been doing a little testing with this region, and it seems that lootowncorpse doesn't work. LootOwnCorpse has been set to true, and false, and nobody is allowed to loot their own corpse in town.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Heftiger said:
My server has been doing a little testing with this region, and it seems that lootowncorpse doesn't work. LootOwnCorpse has been set to true, and false, and nobody is allowed to loot their own corpse in town.

be sure you set the priority high enough

it works, we've been testing it for a while

ditmar

Wanderer
ditmar said:
Hey, i have a small addition which i would like to see implemented.

Turn off murder count possibility and becomming criminal. Is that possible?

Any news on this addition ?

Khaz

Knight
I got this when I tried to open the Restricted Spells section.
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
   at Server.Gumps.RestrictGump..ctor(BitArray ba, RestrictType t)
   at Server.Gumps.RegionControlGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
The same region control had previously been configured to disallow recall and gate and teleport. A week or so later, today, when I tried to open the restricted spells section it crashed with the above.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Khaz said:
I got this when I tried to open the Restricted Spells section.
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
   at Server.Gumps.RestrictGump..ctor(BitArray ba, RestrictType t)
   at Server.Gumps.RegionControlGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
The same region control had previously been configured to disallow recall and gate and teleport. A week or so later, today, when I tried to open the restricted spells section it crashed with the above.

Hmm... did you change any other scripts ever sicne you put this script in?? Even ones unrelated to this script?

Khaz

Knight
The only thing I can think of is the addition of Voran's Druid Spells. That's probably the clash, but by replacing the region controllers I had set up, everything works now.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Khaz said:
The only thing I can think of is the addition of Voran's Druid Spells. That's probably the clash, but by replacing the region controllers I had set up, everything works now.

Yup, that will do it. I'll add in new Checks though to next version so it oesn't crash, it just resets the Array for the new spells & stuffs.

ksim

Wanderer
Yeap, Just installed Drudic spells and there's such problem.

Server crashes when you're using "Restricted Spells Gump" and also there're some crashes with casting druidic spells on the Custom Region.

I've found temporal fix of this problem, editing (back-uping ) SpellRegistry.cs to the previous version.
Changing
Code:
Private static Type[] m_Types = new Type[600];
Back to
Code:
Private static Type[] m_Types = new Type[300];

But this disables using druidic spell scrolls :(

Waiting for the updata from ASayre8, Thank you for your work.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
ksim said:
Yeap, Just installed Drudic spells and there's such problem.

Server crashes when you're using "Restricted Spells Gump" and also there're some crashes with casting druidic spells on the Custom Region.

I've found temporal fix of this problem, editing (back-uping ) SpellRegistry.cs to the previous version.
Changing
Code:
Private static Type[] m_Types = new Type[600];
Back to
Code:
Private static Type[] m_Types = new Type[300];

But this disables using druidic spell scrolls :(

Waiting for the updata from ASayre8, Thank you for your work.

As they said, just replacing the REgion By [removeing it then [adding it will fix it. Next version, as I said, I'll put in some code to handle changing of SpellREgistry

rafael

Wanderer
hmm for some reson my spell priorities won't work... the attributes i set in [props i can use fine, but in the dclick menu don't work, like mark, recall, gate...

Jojo

Wanderer
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or neglecting something, but here we go... I created a custom town in my shard and I used this (awesome) script to make it a guarded region. The spell/skill restrictions are working just fine, but for some reason, guards don't behave properly. Criminal characters are free to enter the town with no repercussions (even when guards are called) and monsters can wander in without being killed by guards. When guards ARE called, either nothing happens at all or a guard says his death speech and doesn't attack anything at all. Is this an NPC issue, issue with your script? None of the above? Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks.

Igon

Wanderer
Priority Question

I'm tryig to set up an area like Green Acres that has a Priority of 1 in regions.xml. I see your Lowest Priority is 0. Could I add another Priority in RegionStone.cs as follows:

Code:
public enum CustomRegionPriority
{
	HighestPriority	= 0x96,
	HousePriority	= 0x96,
	HighPriority	= 0x90,
	MediumPriority	= 0x64,
	LowPriority	= 0x60,
	InnPriority	= 0x33,
	TownPriority	= 0x32,
	[B]GreenAcres	= 0x1,[/B]
	LowestPriority	= 0x0
}

The overall goal is to set up a PVP arena in different places so people can battle without being flagged as criminal.

I was about to add a region in regions.xml and then remembered about this script. I will add the region if necessary, just trying to find a more dynamic alternative.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
is there a way to bypass features? Such as the light level. I would like to create a region at Brit Bank but want the light level to change with the rest of the world. The way it sits now, the light level will stay the same, either light or dark, this makes it hard to spawn things at night or day only. For example, if I have the light level set to full light, and spawn creatures at night, players will see these creatures while it looks like daytime.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
KillerBeeZ said:
is there a way to bypass features? Such as the light level. I would like to create a region at Brit Bank but want the light level to change with the rest of the world. The way it sits now, the light level will stay the same, either light or dark, this makes it hard to spawn things at night or day only. For example, if I have the light level set to full light, and spawn creatures at night, players will see these creatures while it looks like daytime.

Set the level to -1

reggiewjr1

Wanderer
First off all i would like to request to set a max to the FC/FCR in the region

I would also like to make players unable to count murders.

I hope someone will be able to help me as it will make hosting events a lot easier for everyone who uses this system....

The_Exotion

Wanderer
omfg

how u scripters do it i dont know but i thank u it is so perfect for my shard come visit it is "<some shard cause advertising isn't allowed>" god man i really love this i swear i'd kiss u but ya i am not gay i say thx thx thx thx :D