RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

mr_wuss

Wanderer
Nice script, was wondering if you could make it to add jails? (Jails by OSI suck really bad) Was wondering if you could set a place to be like a jail.

just set everything that could get a person out of jail to the off position.

ditmar

Wanderer
Hey, i have a small addition which i would like to see implemented.

Turn off murder count possibility and becomming criminal. Is that possible?

Zero_X

Wanderer
ditmar said:
Hey, i have a small addition which i would like to see implemented.

Turn off murder count possibility and becomming criminal. Is that possible?

Ah yes, that would be nice.

goodmojo

Wanderer
Im not able to restrict the use of spells OR skills in my deisgnated Regions. I do a show bounds and the regions borders are where i want them. Guarded toggles and all that I seem to have working. Just cant restrict skills and spells. Im trying to restrict mining in my zone and cant seem to do it. ANy ideas anyone??

KillerBeeZ

Knight
goodmojo said:
Im not able to restrict the use of spells OR skills in my deisgnated Regions. I do a show bounds and the regions borders are where i want them. Guarded toggles and all that I seem to have working. Just cant restrict skills and spells. Im trying to restrict mining in my zone and cant seem to do it. ANy ideas anyone??

this zone you are creating, is it in another region already?

Also restricting spells and skills will not work if there is a house inside the zone, unless you edit the houses to a lower priority the house priority will always override the region editor

goodmojo

Wanderer
Ahh! I have homes in the zone. How do i edit the houses to a lower priority than the region they are in? DO you mean in a script, lowering all house priorities on the shard? Or is their an ingame function with the regioncontrol?

Follow up question. There were homes in one of the areas so i reset a Region and was able to restrict most skills and spells. The one thing i wanted to prevent was mining a specific mountain range. When i restrict mining, players are still able to mine the ore and smelt it, all within that restricted mining zone. Does restricting mining not work?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
goodmojo said:
Ahh! I have homes in the zone. How do i edit the houses to a lower priority than the region they are in? DO you mean in a script, lowering all house priorities on the shard? Or is their an ingame function with the regioncontrol?

Follow up question. There were homes in one of the areas so i reset a Region and was able to restrict most skills and spells. The one thing i wanted to prevent was mining a specific mountain range. When i restrict mining, players are still able to mine the ore and smelt it, all within that restricted mining zone. Does restricting mining not work?

in HouseRegion.cs find where it sets the priority. the number it sets is not a number, its "HouseRegion", set this to a number...

goodmojo

Wanderer
Thanks Killerbeez. Perhaps someone might know the answer to my other question?

Follow up question. The one thing i wanted to prevent was mining a specific mountain range. When i restrict mining, players are still able to mine the ore and smelt it, all within that restricted mining zone. Does restricting mining not work?

Astafas

Wanderer
Maybe this is a dumb question, but then again, I am a newbie to scripting: can I refer to these custum regions in another script like "if mobile is inside customregion x"?

godfood

Sorceror
Quick question about priority's and regions inside of regions.

1. How do I check the property's of the current region including the priority of the region. (ex. I added a region that include's all of a dungeon using the region in a box, I want to know what props were already on that deungeon)

2. How do I properly add another "region in a box" inside of a "Region in a box"? (I want to restrict the teleport spell in part of this dungeon.)

p.s. Great system man, mad props to ya.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Astafas said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but then again, I am a newbie to scripting: can I refer to these custum regions in another script like "if mobile is inside customregion x"?

You CAN, but you hafat know the exact custom region before hand, and, it's NOT a good way to do it. for things like these where you're having stuff hardcoded into scripts... this is NOT what this is made for. You shoudl create your own region in a script.

Quick question about priority's and regions inside of regions.

1. How do I check the property's of the current region including the priority of the region. (ex. I added a region that include's all of a dungeon using the region in a box, I want to know what props were already on that deungeon)

2. How do I properly add another "region in a box" inside of a "Region in a box"? (I want to restrict the teleport spell in part of this dungeon.)

p.s. Great system man, mad props to ya.

1 -> I THINK [regionbounds also tells you the priority of ANY region. But it'll give you a numerical value, fiddle around with the differnt priorities :)

2 -> You have the larger Region have a priority of say... Medium. And then the one Inside of it, be High or something.

This isn't something I can do easily without editing the base scripts. It seems that RunUO only checks the Region if it's a 'used' skill. Such as one you activate manually like Hiding or Tracking or detect hidden for example

godfood

Sorceror
I have been playing around with UOArchitect, and I think it would be awsome to be able to add a "ownedhouse" or an "owned" region where the "owner" could lock things down, ban people from the region, set security on doors and containers, so on and so forth, then a GM could sell the region (set the owner) to players.

goodmojo

Wanderer
Quote:

This isn't something I can do easily without editing the base scripts. It seems that RunUO only checks the Region if it's a 'used' skill. Such as one you activate manually like Hiding or Tracking or detect hidden for example

gotit. thank you for the response. ill find another way to accomplish my goal. great script. very helpful.

Heftiger

Wanderer
I got the message "the server has crashed" in game and this error on the run-up panel

Error:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negativ
e and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
at Server.Gumps.RestrictGump..ctor(BitArray ba, RestrictType t)
at Server.Gumps.RegionControlGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketRe
ader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Restarting...done
Warning:
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at Server.TimerThread.TimerMain()

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Heftiger said:
I got the message "the server has crashed" in game and this error on the run-up panel

Error:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negativ
e and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
at Server.Gumps.RestrictGump..ctor(BitArray ba, RestrictType t)
at Server.Gumps.RegionControlGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)/QUOTE]

Can you tell me what yas did to crash it?

Heftiger

Wanderer
Didn't do anything, one of my admins said that he had changed an Item ID about 30 to 45 seconds before it crashed but other than that I'm not aware that anything was done to induce it.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Heftiger said:
Didn't do anything, one of my admins said that he had changed an Item ID about 30 to 45 seconds before it crashed but other than that I'm not aware that anything was done to induce it.

Try and reproduce it, Then tell me the steps done.