RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In preperation for upcoming events...

Ravenal

Knight
Ryan said:
Whoever told you the project is on hold is pretty much full of it. I am not quite sure why anyone would say that especially with the progress made on Demise.

Regardless, the RunUO team isn't focused on making things 'feature' complete as much as we are making the engine itself more robust, stronger and as efficient as possible.

To me choosing between having a bunch of elf shit and having a core that is much stronger and proven is more important. Asayre though... that guy loves the whole OSI thing.

One thing we havent gotten is anyone who would solidly commit to help with the SE/ML data gathering. I guess its just due to the fact that we are perfectionists. Everything we do we do as best as possilble and some people unfortunately like to half ass things.

Either way at this point not even I know what's feature complete in 2.0 as far as ML goes :) It's always a surpise at the end when all the commits go into SVN :)

2.0 is not about anything other than having fun... some of you guys need to understand that ;)

Amen on your say Ryan :)

Ravenal

Knight
Kenshin1591 said:
Hah the new RunUO sounds like fun :p
Kind of wondering though - will things like the spellbooks and guild system from SE be up and running in 2.0, or is that still a surprise?
Either way, can't wait *sometime in april, sometime in april* lol.

From the look of it ryan will not say NOTHING of what RunUO 2.0 has in it, he likes to see everyone go Whoa, damn yes! Woot! Or whatever ya know... :) So like i said before patience is a virtue, with patience you'll get the best RunUO 2.0 development in the past 6+ years of RunUO and I believe much more

Ravenal

Knight
Joeku said:
If it comes out on my birthday (April 11) I'll scream!

if it did on that day too i'd be :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: too because I am flying down to Florida from Washington to see my gf! Woot! ;P If not hey just means RunUO is really debugging and making sure EVERY LITTLE + and - are just right... We don't want rockets going to the wrong direction do we now???

THis is a true story a NASA Designer Programmer happend to put a - instead of a positive and the rocket shot off upwards then ended up blowing up in the middle of the ground about a few miles away...

When he found out that the - was suppose to be a + he was like "*F*" and well he lost his job cuz the rocket was a 10mil dollar project lol

crackrat

Wanderer
LOL i guess a little food for thought the anyone that thinks that runuo dev team hasnt been busy. most professional dev teams for online games are around 90-120 persons for just code development. last team i was involved in was small at 45 persons. runuo core dev team is 6-8(sorry dont have exact count) and mind you like most of the users they do this as a hobby. they have lives like all the shard owners and support personal that make up this community. what they have done thus far is actually very impressive concidering the budget and time constraints.

personaly while ide really like to see the new code for my own personal learning and enjoyment i would more love to see it as complete as possible as a core program. for this i can wait as long as it takes. besides while waiting i can brush up on my own projects both in uo and out. Athought to those that seem to be in limbo until release if you code waiting for the new core. pick up any of the major systems that are in alpha , and give these folks a hand in testing and development. if thats not your cup o tea then grab one of the many good scripts forgotten in the archives and work it into something better or think long and hard what the community might want or need and script it. also im sure there are alot of new members that could prolly use your help in thier own learning curves. not saying everyone teach these peeps how to code, that comes on thier own time and level, but heh project this size not any one of us knows it all. and im sure that everyone could use a wall to bang thier head against every now and again.

lol my post is way to long and i got some C# to scratch for my own shard lol

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Well color me stupid, but was wondering what the status of RunUO 2.0 was? I was peeking around but did not see much about it. I got an eMail a little while back about it being released around April 1st so I sold off my OSI accounts to prep for it and have not seen it yet!! I am gettin the itch for server crafting!!

colette

Wanderer
Its Only A Game People!!

I Have Been Here A Few Times Looking For Help With Scripting.....what I See Is Alot Of "kids" Looking To Gain Favor With
( "the Ryan " ) Geepers Git A Life Its Only A Game..when They Come Out With New Release.....they Come Out With It! Until Then Play The Game The Way Its Suppose To Be Played....not With Cars Added Or Uber Things.....its A Workable Game People.....enjoy As It Is!..these People Do This Of Their Own Free Time And Will They Dont Git Paid For It As "fulltime Job", They Do It Like We Do "for The Fun Of The Game! So...relax Think Of Ways To Make Your Own Shard..admin..gm Or Player The Best It Can Be Without Shard Jumping...and Wait For New Release Like Everyone Else!:d