RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wondering if...

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

I saw a quote here somewhere that said, "Being self employed means you get to pick which 80 hours a week you get to work."

I think you all could build an excellent server and client. The problem I find and have seen with other groups is the art work. So, do you have anyone that can actually do the art work? Can we see some example? :)

Thank you for the work you've done and good luck with your future plans!

-Ravon

oiii88

Sorceror
Id really like to hear more on this. Paying really isn't a issue if its a style of game that one can actually play for more than a week with out getting bored or maxing their character..

Greystar

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev;744166 said:
I think most the most important question is, what genre?

I agree with this part of what TheOutkastDev said. However I can't afford a paid subscription unless it was only like $30 for an entire year or something. I could afford to pay a one time fee of like $40-50 for a client/single player game with multiplayer capabilities.

PS) Ryan never mentioned it would be MMO style, I'm guessing it was assumed based on him being a developer of RunUO.

HellRazor

Knight
Sure I'd be interested. But it would depend on exactly what kind of game you were making.

Remember that there is a difference between a successful free hobby project and a successful commercial game. Especially in the crowded MMO genre. At the time Irth Online was developed, Sphere was wildly popular too, remember. (Yeah Irth Online is a crappy game too, but just sayin).

But having said that, you've got a proven team, and a pre-existing fan base, so you're already a few steps ahead.

I'd be interested in something like an MMORPG construction kit that makes use of modern 3D technology. Something that has the ease and simplicity of RunUO with mix-and-match game features that are highly customizable, and able to use industry standard 3D models, etc. along with a freely distributable client. There is obviously a niche market out there for player run servers, what is needed is a product that allows people to do that which isn't tied to someone else's commercial product. When you look at the success of platforms like Neverwinter Nights, and see the large number of player-run emulated servers out there, I think there is obviously a market for something like this. Neverwinter Nights, tho, was not designed to be an MMORPG and is limited in that kind of use. Mineons of Mirth comes close, but its graphics suck and its not easily expandable.

Just another MMORPG tho? Yeah I'd be interested enough to follow your progress, but probably not interested enough to buy/play it, unless you totally knock my socks off and blow all the pre-existing commercial MMO's out of the water. Which will be difficult to do without a paid staff.

oiii88

Sorceror
I would love to see a mmorpg that has far more in depth crafting systems as well as hunting and fighting styles.. UO was good but could only be expanded on so far. Eh guess Im just rambling....

Bleach

Knight
I think I'd acctually have some sort of use here with my year of 3D-Animation experiance.
I can do modles and textures as easily as breathing.

But I can't really code worth shit. :rolleyes:

Lemme know the genre and kinds of things you're looking for, I'll happily send you a portfolio.

This would be quite interesting like TK said in the first page you already have a playerbase... So give us some details I would be interested to hear them...

Tribal

Wanderer
honestly wouldnt be hard to beat whats already out there

the only problem would be not making it too much like uo