RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wondering if...

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

If your planning a MMO, how about something a little different. How about something based on the book, "Seventh Son" by Orson Scott Card.

Basically, the setting is in the U.S. during the Pioneer Days. You have a fabulous cast of character - Townsfolk (Vendors, Blacksmith, Millers), Country Folks with the "Nack" (Special Magical like powers), Religious Clergy that want to do away with the "Nack", Indians that want to do away with everyone and finally a mysterious "UnMaker" that wants to destroy the world.

The author has been hired to finish up the Robert Jordan series, "Wheel of Time". The exposure could add an extra boost your revenue and your own personal retirement fund.

Bow & Arrows, Guns and Magical Powers, what a fun combination.

-Ravon

Seventh Son

Hammerhand

Knight
One based on Kings "The Dark Tower" series. Gunslingers, dimension travel, end of world, mecha (of a sort), magic (of a sort). Be kinda fun to live/play in a world like that. :D

Johabius

Knight
Hammerhand;744623 said:
One based on Kings "The Dark Tower" series. Gunslingers, dimension travel, end of world, mecha (of a sort), magic (of a sort). Be kinda fun to live/play in a world like that. :D
I just got a tingly feeling in my nether regions.

Lol this thread turned from a "Are you interested." Thread to a drinking thread... :p oh well, and if your looking for a few ideas, Ryan, I was working on my own game at one point and have a few ideas that I would love to see someone come thru with... Bah just an idea, PM if interested.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I have an idea for the world's hugest MMORTS ever.

Unfortunately, it'd take more hardware than currently exists to run it well >_<.

psz

Administrator
I've had an idea for an MMORPG for nearly ten years.

It's been from DOS to Windows to Multiport to Windows to XNA and back again (not to DOS, actually) and through C, C++, C# and a bit of scripting.

Allegro, DirectX, the aforementioned XNA, OpenGL/AL and all points in between.

It will never be actually started.

Just thought you should know ;->

psz

Administrator
Jeff;744742 said:
why does it have to be an mmo? so closed minded.

In my case, it's based on an ooooolllllddddddd game that wasn't an MMO but would make a good MMO, and was actually considered for an MMO.... Then the company went out of business :-P

No idea about anyone else... I think they just follow the trends ;->