RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

kmwill23

Sorceror
Knives' Chat System v1.05c

Thanks everyone for keeping this version alive for so long! I've finally decided to move forward and let this older version die.

For the most recent version of Knives' Chat, see my signature!

Krazy Eyez

Wanderer
Yes I agree, you are a genious. Thanks from all my players. I couldn't figure out how to add any other messaging system without screwing up existing playermobiles. So this is the perfect solution! Thanks a million!

Rylock

Wanderer
Wow! I love the buddy list and choosing the template.

Since I don't want this post to be useless, I'll throw in a suggestion. What you could do that would be great is put a spot for location or the facet currently in.

Just a thought. Many thanks for this, it's just what I wanted.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Rylock said:
Wow! I love the buddy list and choosing the template.

Since I don't want this post to be useless, I'll throw in a suggestion. What you could do that would be great is put a spot for location or the facet currently in.

Just a thought. Many thanks for this, it's just what I wanted.

Thanks for the suggestion =) I will see about adding this as an option.

~

And thanks everyone else, this ensures more public releases in the future.

nomad707

Knight
-lag free
-nice design
-freakishly easy install (all other messaging systems require replacing distro files, which i cannot do, because i already edited them with some of my custom scripts)
-beats Any other messaging system.
-Thanks gold draco for the hard work into this, its a really great script :)

Icon

Wanderer
poopthrower said:
-lag free
-nice design
-freakishly easy install (all other messaging systems require replacing distro files, which i cannot do, because i already edited them with some of my custom scripts)
-beats Any other messaging system.
-Thanks gold draco for the hard work into this, its a really great script :)

Ahh Draco didnt make this 1 :p

anyways perfect chat system..nice work

Hk

mindshadow2k

Wanderer
Wow this is a wonderful chat script! Thank you for your hard work, there are no equals that I have seen!

Everything works wonderfully, but I have one issue and I am sure that it is specific to my shard. For my admin account it lists under the staff tab one of my player characters and not my actual "admin" character even when i am on with the admin it still lists the name of the player character, but says it is online and people cannot pm me (that is unles i log into the other account name). It isn't a huge deal, but it is a little odd. Not sure how to remedy this.

I think what it does is that it looks at the account status and it makes a check and if the account is admin it looks at the first character slot and posts that one. So as long as the first character in your character list is the actual admin char your ok.

I wish i knew something about scripting, but it seems to need to do a check of the characters within an account to see if they are listed as player or listed as admin, etc. As right now any account that has multiple account types within an account that is listed higher then player will have issues in the staff screen unless that top character slot is the one that contains the character with the higher rights.

All in all fantastic work!

kmwill23

Sorceror
mindshadow2k said:
I think what it does is that it looks at the account status and it makes a check and if the account is admin it looks at the first character slot and posts that one. So as long as the first character in your character list is the actual admin char your ok.

That's exactly what it is doing =P I will find a better way to handle this.

Addition: Fixed for next update. It will check for a logged in staff member first; if you are logged in as a player or are hidden it will show the first staff character on your account as offline.

koluch

Sorceror
Excellent work!
Covers all areas :]

Would like to know if there is a way to limit the Global Listen to the Admins only?

Shazzy :p

kmwill23

Sorceror
koluch said:
Excellent work!

Would like to know if there is a way to limit the Global Listen to the Admins only?

This gives me an idea for how to include the two requested features plus some more global level features. Thanks!

Expect an Admin menu tab in two releases with, so far: Option for displaying player location on player profile gumps and option for restricting global listen access.

Any other global management admin features you all can think of?

Lupus

Wanderer
koluch said:
Excellent work!

This fix will hold you over until he releases a new version:

Open chat.cs (it came with Knives' chat system) and find the line (near the bottom):

Code:
if ( state.Mobile != null && state.Mobile.AccessLevel != AccessLevel.Player )

And change it to

Code:
if ( state.Mobile != null && state.Mobile.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.GameMaster )

This will make it so that no one with less than Admin level can listen in on global speech.

Also, Knives, why include staff ability to listen to speech but no ability for staff to listen to guild chat?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Well hello Lupus =)

I actually sent him a PM with a different solution.

If you read the script description, it mentions Global Listen allowing staff to hear Speech, Private Messages and Guild Chat. I will, however, add a button right there to include/exclude what you listen to, since world speech can be rather taxing.

Addition: I have a feeling you are referring to the options under "Listen to:". If you are not in a guild, the option to enable/disable Guild chat is not available to you. The "Global" option will automaticly send you all speech, PM text and Guild chat.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Great work! is there any quick way to message a person ,

Such as

[ch "playername or part of player name" then message here

If not Maybe for next version :)

Thanks

Igon

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
Any other global management admin features you all can think of?

How about a Goto button. I have had a couple of instances that required me to go to the player i was conversing with. Its easy enought to open the Admin menu and use that but it would be very convient to have that ability in your awesome system.

And another feature, not necessarily for Admins only. When you open a new PM can u include a reply section on that gump.
It would save a few clicks if you could just open the incoming type in your your reply and click reply instead of Open Message - Click Reply - Type in response - Click Send.

And maybe add a Goto button for Admins on the reply screen too.

I know I'm just nit picking :D

Thanks

kmwill23

Sorceror
jaynigs said:
Great work! is there any quick way to message a person ,

Such as

[ch "playername or part of player name" then message here

If not Maybe for next version :)

Thanks

It will actually be the version after next =)

Okay, here's how I am going to add this:

The command will be [pm "john" Hello world.

If there is more than one matching player, a list of players will pop up to choose from.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Igon said:
How about a Goto button. I have had a couple of instances that required me to go to the player i was conversing with. Its easy enought to open the Admin menu and use that but it would be very convient to have that ability in your awesome system.

Thanks, will be added!