RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

kmwill23

Sorceror
Okay, here it is again!

~

I am looking for two additional Beta testers for V2.0 of this chat system. V2.0 is a complete redesign of the system, boasting many improvements and new features.

Send me a forum PM if interested; I am taking the first two responses.

it would be nice if admins had the option to have the chats echoed in the console, be able to select which chats to echo in the console as well, i havent tested this script yet, but from the looks of the thread i am certain it will be excellent thx

One Problem

I have squelched people when they get out of hand, but they are able to get on chat and argue and curse among all other players. Would be nice if squelching worked on chat as well.

New Version

With the new version that isn't difficult for you to personally mod that in =)

I am shooting for March 1st!
Sweet I can't wait. Have you given a thought to a pm mailbox system? I look forward to your response, and BTW thank you this chat system it is a must for all shards. :)

ImaGunadye

Wanderer
Problems starting shard with chat system

Ok after I put this in my scripts folder my shard doesnt seem to start up. AS soon as i take it back out it starts up just fine. When its in the scripts folder the shard will start and everything but the mr fixits server ip wont update and so no one can connect to my shard. Anyone else had this problem or know where I went wrong?

xalla

Wanderer
you say to put this chat system where the olde one was but the thing is i have a new shard with no chat system currently in effect, where do i put the chat system folder once ive unzipped it?!

kmwill23

Sorceror
xalla said:
you say to put this chat system where the olde one was but the thing is i have a new shard with no chat system currently in effect, where do i put the chat system folder once ive unzipped it?!

You sure you want to use this old version? I am half considering removing it! If youwant the recent version, see the link in my signature. Otherwise, yes just put all the files into a custom folder and let'er rip =)

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
You sure you want to use this old version? I am half considering removing it! If youwant the recent version, see the link in my signature. Otherwise, yes just put all the files into a custom folder and let'er rip =)

You should remove it, considering its in the Archive Forum, and it does somebody any good to use a script that is worst then the current one.

* I dislike any script that has not been updated, even my own, which is why I remove projects that I am not working on :) *