RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

ditmar

Wanderer
NiaFlyte said:
today i happen to play my normal character that happens to be on my Admin account. hadnt playerd her in awhile so hadnt noticed anything amiss. well I was setting up my CHat display preferences and noticed a small blue jewel next to the Global button and clicked it. Low and behold, i can hear other guilds, pms and normal talk on my PLAYER character. this would be a nice thing on my admin. any clues as to why this was enabled on my player character and not my Admin, I checked on the other normal characters, even created a few and no one else gotthis little button.

what must i do to well first remove it from the wrong character and then, get it on the right one?

Thanks in advance for whatever help i can get. this has been the best and most valued script i think we've ever downloaded and used.

You give the solution yourself. The player is on your Admin account, guess the script checks accountbased for that option to appear.

jaynigs

Wanderer
I may be wrong but i think its because its an admin account, you can get round this i think by setting the account type to player, then changing your admin character to admin individually. Thru the admin menu or props menu

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
I may be wrong but i think its because its an admin account, you can get round this i think by setting the account type to player, then changing your admin character to admin individually. Thru the admin menu or props menu

ive done all that, and the ADMIN character does not recieve the option, and the Player character does not seem to lose it.

kmwill23

Sorceror
This is quite odd! I am going to ask a few questions, some of them may be repeating others' =) Just humor me!

1. Can your player character use the [admin menu? (Ruling out that kind of bug)
2. When you created your player character, did you have to set his accesslevel to Player?
3. What server?
4. Your Admin level character is in fact Admin, not Seer or Gamemaster?
5. Do a '[get accesslevel' on your Admin character, let me know if it confirms Admin level or no.
6. Send a copy of your preferences.xml to [email protected], noting the two characters' names.
7. Also send a copy of your ChatData.cs file!

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
This is quite odd! I am going to ask a few questions, some of them may be repeating others' =) Just humor me!

1. Can your player character use the [admin menu? (Ruling out that kind of bug)
2. When you created your player character, did you have to set his accesslevel to Player?
3. What server?
4. Your Admin level character is in fact Admin, not Seer or Gamemaster?
5. Do a '[get accesslevel' on your Admin character, let me know if it confirms Admin level or no.
6. Send a copy of your preferences.xml to [email protected], noting the two characters' names.
7. Also send a copy of your ChatData.cs file!

ITs ok, i created a new characte and she did have the option so shes my new admin. left the other kinda sit in the background now, same name so no change for the players, but deleteing her would remove far too many buildings. lol. anyway, ill be mailing that info sometime tomorrow.

Rogue

Wanderer
Making Staff Truely Invis When Hidden?

I first off wan to say I LOVE this script is the best one I have tryed. But I also would like to know how to fix it so staff can be totally INVIS. I had a player mesage me the other day because he could see I was online. Well I am almost always hidden and thought he was using some kind of illegal script. But turns out that even if you are hidden and are in game with that hidden staff, if they have you on their QUICK LIST they can still knwo you are in game. It shows Staff name and says OFFLINE when you are in game. After you log off- then your name disappears off the QUICK LIST. Is there a way to fix this? Might be how other shards staff are still getting messaged as well. I had to jail him to get it out of him- lol.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rogue :)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Actually there are a couple ways I have found players doing it =) I am going to knock them both out. For now if you want silence, unchecking 'Listen to-> Pms' will knock it out. Thanks for the report!

I love the guild chat and PM functions, and as a shard admin I especially love the global listening abilities. I'm using this along with Mongbatica's Mail System, and the players absolutely love it! ;)

Crackerjack

Wanderer
I've been having problems with quicklists not being saved. If someone saves their quicklist, myself included, on world loading I get an error like the following:
ChatData-->Load-->|0x283 "Averez"

Also, how can I take out or edit the spam filter so that if you start a new message before the other player opens their last one, it is not deleted?

Thanks and great job on the chat system!

kmwill23

Sorceror
I actually have the quicklist bug fixed for the next update. I have been so busy adding new stuff to my own shard to crank out the new release though =)

You really want to remove the spam limiter? One player could cause some nasty problems. What I have in the newer version is a message stating when you have recalled a message, and when the other players opens it so you know you can send a new one. For now the best way to handle it is if you PM someone and see your old text, resend it.

Crackerjack said:
I've been having problems with quicklists not being saved. If someone saves their quicklist, myself included, on world loading I get an error like the following:
ChatData-->Load-->|0x283 "Averez"

Also, how can I take out or edit the spam filter so that if you start a new message before the other player opens their last one, it is not deleted?

Thanks and great job on the chat system!

kmwill23

Sorceror
My next server release cycle I am going to finish version 1.05, with the changes listed on the todo in main topic and a couple smaller ones. Look forward to it early next week =)

Crackerjack

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
You really want to remove the spam limiter? One player could cause some nasty problems. What I have in the newer version is a message stating when you have recalled a message, and when the other players opens it so you know you can send a new one. For now the best way to handle it is if you PM someone and see your old text, resend it.

That idea sounds even better. Looking forward to the new release!

Igon

Wanderer
Another feature ive been thinking would be cool, is to include the test ur replying to in the message. right now, if i send someone a msg and they are offline, it could be the next day before i get their response. By then, i usually forget what it was about in the first place.

seems like it would be ALOT of xml handling to accomplish it tho. maybe u got some ideas.

still probably the best thing we've added to shard.

Thanks for the great script.

kmwill23

Sorceror
1.05 is now up and ready! I don't forsee any problems whatsoever with this release, so please prove me wrong!

- In the Admin menu you may now specify the length of time between chat messages using the Spam Limiter.
- Also in the Admin menu a new option for public chatting is available: Regional. Regional chatting sends public messages to those in the same town, dungeon or other area. If not in a regional area, or a region without a name, no chatting takes place.
- Messages now display when a Pm receiver opens a message. You also receive a message if you attempt to Pm someone before they read your last message, which retracts the message.
- The error causing many OnLoad errors when loading a player's quicklist is fixed.
- The Error system now shows a much kinder message should an error be reported.

Igon

Wanderer
When a player switches to Lite mode, staff members that are marked as hidden are shown in the chat gump. is this by design, was like that in 1.04a and 1.05?

kmwill23

Sorceror
It shows them when hidden? Eek! If that's the case, it's the same for 1.04

Addition:

Yeap, just double checked!

I'll let this ride for a little longer and see if any other small things pop up before putting up a patch.

Igon

Wanderer
yep, i just found out last week.

i had a player ask me a question right after i logged on. i checked, and i was hidden so i asked them how they knew i was on. they said they were in Lite Mode. I've been looking at different ways handle your If statement set in ChatData, but to no avail yet.

kmwill23

Sorceror
To fix this right now at this very moment!

Do a search in ChatGump.cs for this exact thing: namecolor + m.Name
It'll take you to the spot that needs the change.

Code:
				if ( m_Data.Lite )
				{
					if( !offline )
						AddHtml( 20, y, Width-40, 20, namecolor + m.Name, false, false );
					else
						continue;
				}

Add in the brackets and the 'if( !offline)'