RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

Nagash

Sorceror
I must agree with kmwill. If a player can't be messaged he also shouldn't be able to send them. If you take this restriction off, soon you will have the whole shard invisible and there will be no real purpose for an online list. Player are NOT staff. If there are some important players on your shards that should have access on that, just create a new acc level, or give then seer stats without commands. Maybe you could add some propriety on them by playermobile and allow players with that to use that function. It also should be like that for the sake of equality, of course.

Darsden

Wanderer
you totally missed my point i didnt say i wanted invis so they cant be messaged i wanted it like say how icq or yahoo have it, if your invis u can still chat to people and people can still chat to u but you dont show on the list. If not a full invis feature you should atleast have the option to set yourself invisible to some players that way you dont have to hurt anyones feelings by ignoring em because they drive u insane.

bean56

Wanderer
I don't use this system, but if their name isn't on the list then how are people going to message them? Doesn't seem possible to me.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Right now they can't =) I have every possible way except staff-player communication disabled if they are not on the list.

bean56 said:
I don't use this system, but if their name isn't on the list then how are people going to message them? Doesn't seem possible to me.

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
Staff Option

I think, if im not mistaken, what hes wanting, and actually, id like this option as well. Can Staff when INvisible NOT be listed on the list. If a staffer is working and prefers not to be bothered, its annoying to have people screaming your name in chat cause they can see your online.

I think this should only be a Staff option, maybe something listed in Options for Admin.

kmwill23

Sorceror
That is the way it is right now =) If you are staff, instead of Disable you have Hide, which does exactly what you mention =)

NiaFlyte said:
I think, if im not mistaken, what hes wanting, and actually, id like this option as well. Can Staff when INvisible NOT be listed on the list. If a staffer is working and prefers not to be bothered, its annoying to have people screaming your name in chat cause they can see your onling.

I think this should only be a Staff option, maybe something listed in Options for Admin.

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
Staff Options

well unless theres something the staff needs to activate or something, no it isnt, when we use the GM stone to HIDE, any normal ranked player can still see out names listed on Staff page as online. also the Number online includes the hiding staff member.

cward

Wanderer
NiaFlyte said:
well unless theres something the staff needs to activate or something, no it isnt, when we use the GM stone to HIDE, any normal ranked player can still see out names listed on Staff page as online. also the Number online includes the hiding staff member.
Useing a GM Stone to hide??? Anyway You can set yourself hidden in the chat menu.

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
ya, a stone, i blelieve our admin got it here, does cool graphics when you vanish and appear, all godly like. anyway, how do you set yourself to hide in the options? cause we hide, and normals can still see us.

kmwill23

Sorceror
At the very top left of the Options tab is the checkbox with Hide =) Players will see you as offline on the staff tab.

NiaFlyte said:
ya, a stone, i blelieve our admin got it here, does cool graphics when you vanish and appear, all godly like. anyway, how do you set yourself to hide in the options? cause we hide, and normals can still see us.

Mortious

Wanderer
Just installed this script, freakin nice.

I do however have one suggestion. Leave the gump in place when you select the different menus.

I like to keep my desktop in order, and that gump now has its spot. Once I click on anything on it however it pops back to the upper left hand corner.

Thanks much for listening.

Mort

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
At the very top left of the Options tab is the checkbox with Hide =) Players will see you as offline on the staff tab.

ROFL, im such a dope, thank you. i thought that meant hide the Gump. hahahaha. anyway, Thanks again, and ya, EXCELLENT script.

kmwill23

Sorceror
I could do that, but it wouldn't refresh the online list at all =)

I really wish there was a way to get the gump location from the client, it would make such things much prettier!

Mortious said:
Just installed this script, freakin nice.

I do however have one suggestion. Leave the gump in place when you select the different menus.

I like to keep my desktop in order, and that gump now has its spot. Once I click on anything on it however it pops back to the upper left hand corner.

Thanks much for listening.

Mort

Mortious

Wanderer
Ya I see what your saying.

What about having it write the location kinda like the desktop is written?

Not sure if thats an option but it would be cool.

brodock

Sorceror
just a small update...

private void ListPage()
{
try{

string color = m_Prefs.Color;

m_ItemsPerPage = 10;
BuildList();

int y = 10;
int x = 0;
int count = 0;

if ( m_Page == Page.Players )
{
x = Width;
y = 40;

if ( m_Prefs.ABC )
for( int i = 0; i < m_Alphabet.Length; ++i )
{
AddButton( x, y+=16, 0x2344, 0x2344, i+2000, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
AddHtml( x+6, y+1, 10, 20, (m_ABCFilter == m_Alphabet ? HTML.Green : HTML.White) + m_Alphabet, false, false );

if ( i == 12 )
{
x+=16;
y = 40;
}
}

AddButton( Width+10, y+=21, m_Prefs.ABC ? 0xFA : 0xFC, m_Prefs.ABC ? 0xFB : 0xFD, 10, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );

count = 0;

foreach( Network.NetState state in Network.NetState.Instances )
if ( state.Mobile != null && !ChatData.GetData( state.Mobile ).Hidden && !ChatData.GetData( state.Mobile ).AccessLevel < AccessLevel.Counselor )
count++;

If you are staff, you don't need to be count as a player... for 2 reasons:

1- If you play in a small shard and you want to be "invisible" to player, they can count how many player are online and confirm with player count to see if there is any staff online

2- there is a Staff Specific tab to show if someone in the staff is online or not and if they don't wanna be listed, so...

kmwill23

Sorceror
!WARNING!

If you use the above code snippit your server will not compile!

While I appreciate your effort brodockbr, please be sure you don't post code that will cause problems for others' servers. For any concerned user of the system, this is a preference change, not a bug, so don't feel obligated to add this. I personally won't even include it in the next update.

But if you wish to have staff not counted, even while not hidden, open up ChatGump.cs and search for "Network.NetState" and make this change:

Code:
				count = 0;

foreach( Network.NetState state in Network.NetState.Instances )
					if ( state.Mobile != null && !ChatData.GetData( state.Mobile ).Hidden && state.Mobile.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player )
						count++;

brodockbr said:
just a small update...

If you are staff, you don't need to be count as a player... for 2 reasons:

1- If you play in a small shard and you want to be "invisible" to player, they can count how many player are online and confirm with player count to see if there is any staff online

2- there is a Staff Specific tab to show if someone in the staff is online or not and if they don't wanna be listed, so...

brodock

Sorceror
really sorry, haven't time to check what i did... i noticed the error today, when i recompiled the server...

sorry again for my mistake :eek:

NiaFlyte said:
I think, if im not mistaken, what hes wanting, and actually, id like this option as well. Can Staff when INvisible NOT be listed on the list. If a staffer is working and prefers not to be bothered, its annoying to have people screaming your name in chat cause they can see your online.

Nevermind, i see thats already done, i wasnt using the current release. :)

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
hmm, odd occurance.

today i happen to play my normal character that happens to be on my Admin account. hadnt playerd her in awhile so hadnt noticed anything amiss. well I was setting up my CHat display preferences and noticed a small blue jewel next to the Global button and clicked it. Low and behold, i can hear other guilds, pms and normal talk on my PLAYER character. this would be a nice thing on my admin. any clues as to why this was enabled on my player character and not my Admin, I checked on the other normal characters, even created a few and no one else gotthis little button.

what must i do to well first remove it from the wrong character and then, get it on the right one?

Thanks in advance for whatever help i can get. this has been the best and most valued script i think we've ever downloaded and used.