RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

kmwill23

Sorceror
So everyone knows, I work on a large number of projects. That is why updates aren't rapidfire =) Also gives a bit of time to collect many bugs/feature requests.

I am planning to update the version here in about 48 hours, 24 hours after updating my server with the changes.

Addition: I added a section on the main posting concerning requested features and reported bugs.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Igon said:
And another feature, not necessarily for Admins only. When you open a new PM can u include a reply section on that gump.
It would save a few clicks if you could just open the incoming type in your your reply and click reply instead of Open Message - Click Reply - Type in response - Click Send.

And maybe add a Goto button for Admins on the reply screen too.

Just saw these reading back through. Very decent ideas =)

GameOva

Wanderer
logging chat

Very well done first off

1 bug I have and not sure if anyothers have seen it, On my admin that is in guild when I do guild chat others can see it that are not in my guild. So for now I have removed him from guild.

Does this make a log file or is it possible to add it ??
It would be nice if you could set it to log what ever chat you wanted. So when something happends we could look back and know who said what. [You know when the kids start fighting ]

Thanks again

Lupus

Wanderer
flowerbudd said:
i love this, we all love it on my shard, but everyone hears [gc or [guildchat not only the guild members

That's very odd unless all the members of your shard are staff. I do not have that problem at all using the scripts straight out of the archive.

Sharpy_988

Wanderer
wow

this has to be the easiest script to install like everyone said "no changing anything in other scripts" i love it and my players do to, ty ty ty ty... :)

kmwill23

Sorceror
GameOva said:
Very well done first off

1 bug I have and not sure if anyothers have seen it, On my admin that is in guild when I do guild chat others can see it that are not in my guild. So for now I have removed him from guild.

Does this make a log file or is it possible to add it ??
It would be nice if you could set it to log what ever chat you wanted. So when something happends we could look back and know who said what. [You know when the kids start fighting ]

Thanks again

Okay, after testing and reviewing the script I cannot find anything that may be causing a staff member's guild chat to be showing to everyone. On my server I created a guild, chatted, and no one could hear a thing. I joined another guild and chat, and only that guild could hear me.

Now, so you know having the Global Listen option selected will show all guildchat to a player. Not sure if that may be related or not.

For your second concern, all chat, guild chat and PM content is command logged!

kmwill23

Sorceror
The guild chat bug has been found!!!

It occurs only when using Global Listen. Look forward to the update with the fix in about 24 hours!

kmwill23

Sorceror
LordHogFred said:
How do I add and remove people from the staff section ???

The staff section is updated automatically. For the current Chat version, if the staff member's account access level is not staff, they won't appear on the list. That has changed with the new version, which will be released soon.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Version 1.01 now available!

Version 1.01 now available! Here's what changed:

- The staff member display will now properly show all staffers, no longer based on a character slot or account access level.
- The Ban feature will now ban the individual and not the staff member attempting to ban.
- A Goto button can now be found on the player profile if accesslevel allows.
- Global Listen now range checks. Any speech occuring near the staff member will not show on global.
- The PM interface has been streamlined, eliminating the middle received gump.
- Corrected a minor bug displaying an improper name when attempting to send a PM to someone who has PMs or chat disabled.
- A Goto button will also show in place of the player ignore button for staff, if their accesslevel allows such.
- You can't hear someone of equal or higher access with Global Listen. This includes PM, Guildchat and world speech.
- A staff member's guild chat will now longer broadcast global when Global Listen is enabled.

[steel]

Wanderer
crash report, i have it the same 3 times

Exception:
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
at Server.Misc.Preferences.GetPrefsFor(Mobile m)
at Server.Engines.Chat.Chat.OnGuildChat(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

evilbeast

Wanderer
me too
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
   at Server.Misc.Preferences.GetPrefsFor(Mobile m)
   at Server.Engines.Chat.Chat.OnGuildChat(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
   at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Thraxus

Sorceror
It would likely be helpful if someone experiencing this crash could load their shard in debug mode so that the crash will report a filename and line number where the error occurs.

Just modify the properties of your RunUO shortcut so instead of ..

C:\RunUO\RunUO.exe

it looks like

C:\RunUO\RunUO.exe -debug

The shard will load much slower, but it will narrow down the location of the error.

JadeFist

Wanderer
First, let me just say I think your script is very cool. I made a couple edits to one of the scripts and thought I'd post here to get some clarification. It seemed to me like the title on the button should be all one color or was there a reason I missed?

Lines: 80-81
Code:
				AddHtml( 42, Height+21, 51, 40, (m_Page == ChatPage.QuickList ? HTML.Green : HTML.White) + "Quicklist", false, false );
				//AddHtml( 71, Height+24, 51, 40, HTML.DarkGray + "List", false, false );

The other edit had to do with getting rid of the notice that showed total number of players online. I did this because I didn't want hidden staff being reported.

Line 119:
Code:
				//AddHtml( 0, Height-30, Width, 20, color + "<CENTER>" + NetState.Instances.Count + " player" + (NetState.Instances.Count == 1 ? "" : "s") + " online.", false, false );

kmwill23

Sorceror
I originally did the offcolor "List" for effect =) I suppose I could add the highlight when selected though. So half intended!

I will also have the player count ignore hidden staff. Hidden players though? Dunno =) Actually, players should have the right to be excluded from that count if they have the system disabled. Thoughts?