RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat System

Chandral

Wanderer
I think its a wonderful chat program. Only problem Im having with it is my staff arent showing up online when they are on. And ideas on what could be causing this?

Igon

Wanderer
Chandral said:
I think its a wonderful chat program. Only problem Im having with it is my staff arent showing up online when they are on. And ideas on what could be causing this?

Are they logged in on their first char?

If they are not, he has already stated that it will be fixed in the next release.

Valrot

Wanderer
WOW! this is a great script. finally a msg system worth a shit that you can just drop in to scripts folder and not have to edit 1k scripts only to have your playermobiles removed. NICE JOB!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Chandral said:

I think other forum members already mentioned both the possible causes.

What I feel you may be experiencing is what Rylock mentioned. If their account Accesslevel is Player, they won't appear on the staff list.

To change or not is the question =) I will dwell on it a bit.

Thraxus

Sorceror
Is it just me, or has anyone else found that trying to ban someone from the chat results in you banning yourself? :p

The code is written in a way that it toggles the m_Prefs.Banned of the person using the gump, not the one being viewed. I fixed it for use on my shard, because other than this minor bug the system is absolutely amazing. :D

Happily looking foward to future versions. :cool:

Lupus

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
I think other forum members already mentioned both the possible causes.

What I feel you may be experiencing is what Rylock mentioned. If their account Accesslevel is Player, they won't appear on the staff list.

To change or not is the question =) I will dwell on it a bit.

Some shards have players that have a single player that is a counselor and the rest are simple players. I think their privacy should be spared at all costs.

Also, a suggestion if you have not thought of it already:
There is a jail system here that allows admins to set a list of words and if any of these words are spoken the player is warned and then jailed for a short period of time if they offend repeatedly.
Any chance on getting something similar with this except it bans you from chatting for short period of time? That would cut down on the number of "I'm drunk and shouting on UO" occasions and the staff need to police them.

LightAlex

Wanderer
Sevrer/Client help

Ok I know I don't think I am suposed to post this here but this is mager people from uogateway told me to post at runou forums. Anyways how do I create a shard? If I create it on ougateway [my servers] and all the way on the top it says create local server then how do I edit it and where do I put the url to my website and how do I set my properties so I comes up on the server list I kept it up for like overnight and still not there please you got ot help me! :(

kmwill23

Sorceror
Thraxus said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else found that trying to ban someone from the chat results in you banning yourself? :p

The code is written in a way that it toggles the m_Prefs.Banned of the person using the gump, not the one being viewed. I fixed it for use on my shard, because other than this minor bug the system is absolutely amazing. :D

Happily looking foward to future versions. :cool:

Haha! *bans self*

Thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it now as well =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Lupus said:
Also, a suggestion if you have not thought of it already:
There is a jail system here that allows admins to set a list of words and if any of these words are spoken the player is warned and then jailed for a short period of time if they offend repeatedly.
Any chance on getting something similar with this except it bans you from chatting for short period of time? That would cut down on the number of "I'm drunk and shouting on UO" occasions and the staff need to police them.

I like the idea; shouldn't be too hard to add. Thanks!

Gandy897

Wanderer
PM's

I have a question :)

when i set it in options to hide it shows me as offline, but if someone clicks the arrow next to my name it still offers them the option to message me. Is there a way i can prevent that ?

Thraxus

Sorceror
Gandy897 said:
when i set it in options to hide it shows me as offline, but if someone clicks the arrow next to my name it still offers them the option to message me. Is there a way i can prevent that ?
Ditto. If I'm hidden, I don't want messages. :p

kmwill23

Sorceror
Gandy897 said:
I have a question :)

Temporarily you can also uncheck the Listen to: PMs

I will add a perm fix just after I submit this =) Look forward to it next update.

Chandral

Wanderer
Igon said:
Are they logged in on their first char?

If they are not, he has already stated that it will be fixed in the next release.
One of the admins has his admin char as the first char. Thats what I wondering. I saw the posts about the others.

Igon

Wanderer
Now I'm just being picky, but u are looking for suggestions...

I was wondering about Listen to World. Can u have it check for messages that are visible to your character and not echo those. The way it is now, if u are chatting with someone right in front of u, your journal shows 2 entries for each comment.

Along the same line of thinking, your own speech is sent to your journal twice. Could the Listen to World broadcast be ommitted from just your own journal as it is redundant.

mrsacks

Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxus
Is it just me, or has anyone else found that trying to ban someone from the chat results in you banning yourself?

The code is written in a way that it toggles the m_Prefs.Banned of the person using the gump, not the one being viewed. I fixed it for use on my shard, because other than this minor bug the system is absolutely amazing.

Happily looking foward to future versions.

Haha! *bans self*

Thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it now as well =)
Did you post the fix for this? and how do you unban someone who has banned themself in this manner? BTW great job on this "non playermobile.cs edited chat system"

Thraxus

Sorceror
The fix for the self banning, which doesn't appear to have been included in the downloadable version of the script yet. The author might handle this slightly differently, but its working fine for me. These changes are for ChatGumps.cs.

Around line 605, add the following:

Code:
private Preferences m_ViewingPrefs;
Around line 615, add the following:

Code:
m_ViewingPrefs = Preferences.GetPrefsFor( b );
Around line 643, replace the following:

Code:
AddButton( 20, y, m_Prefs.Banned ? 0x2343 : 0x2342, m_Prefs.Banned ? 0x2343 : 0x2342, m_Prefs.Banned ? 5 : 4, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
with this instead:

Code:
AddButton( 20, y, m_ViewingPrefs.Banned ? 0x2343 : 0x2342, m_ViewingPrefs.Banned ? 0x2343 : 0x2342, m_ViewingPrefs.Banned ? 5 : 4, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );

Around line 697, replace the following:

Code:
m_Prefs.Banned = true;
with this instead:

Code:
m_ViewingPrefs.Banned = true;

Then around line 702, replace the following:

Code:
m_Prefs.Banned = false;
with this instead:

Code:
m_ViewingPrefs.Banned = false;

kmwill23

Sorceror
mrsacks said:
Did you post the fix for this? and how do you unban someone who has banned themself in this manner? BTW great job on this "non playermobile.cs edited chat system"

Thraxus' fix is very similar to mine, so if you wish use it until I post the update =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Igon said:
Now I'm just being picky, but u are looking for suggestions...

I was wondering about Listen to World. Can u have it check for messages that are visible to your character and not echo those. The way it is now, if u are chatting with someone right in front of u, your journal shows 2 entries for each comment.

Along the same line of thinking, your own speech is sent to your journal twice. Could the Listen to World broadcast be ommitted from just your own journal as it is redundant.

Very good idea and very easy to do =) I might add the same for speech within a range, but I will have to test for performance.