RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am now looking for two more beta testers for phase 2 of 3.0! I've managed to correct a few minor bugs, but so far no major problems have been reported.

For this round of testing, I am looking for staff and player feedback on the interface and available options. Once again I would also like daily updates over email, even if there is nothing really to report. Sometimes no news is good news!

So, the first two to Pm me here get the slots. For speed, provide an email address I can send the files to.

Thanks everyone!

Addition: Attached is the readme for 3.0, for those who want to know what they are getting in to.

Attachments

• Read.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 16

kmwill23

Sorceror
Wanted to let everyone know the third cycle of beta testing began tonight. If this version tests stable, I will be releasing it for public testing sometime next week.

Cross fingers!

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
awesome !!!

I cant wait to test it !!!

Hey Knives, If u want to include a PORTUGUESE version of the language file, I might be abble to translate it !! It will be a pleasure !

kmwill23

Sorceror
Lord_Shaka said:
awesome !!!

I cant wait to test it !!!

Hey Knives, If u want to include a PORTUGUESE version of the language file, I might be abble to translate it !! It will be a pleasure !

Thanks! Including pre translated language files would make things even easier on admins!

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
Thanks! Including pre translated language files would make things even easier on admins!

If you want me to translate it to portuguese, send me a PM or a E-mail with the string list,,

:)

I might be able to translate it to spanish too....

kmwill23

Sorceror
Well, it looks like there will be a Beta 4 before a public beta! Too many bugs fixed and features added in Beta 3 =)

Hang tight!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Public can be disabled already, but he mentioned wanting to disable everything but Pms =)

Lord_Shaka said:
That is true !!!

The possibility of disabling public chat would be a nice feature!

kmwill23

Sorceror
RunUO 2.0 RC1 supported distro now available! There are no functional changes to this update, so if you are still running RunUO 1.0, you do not need to update.

If you have RunUO 2.0 RC1 and TownHouses 1.1 for RunUO 2.0, you will need to remove the Utilities folder that came with TownHouses and replace it with this one. TownHouses will work fine with this version as well!

Erica

Knight
kmwill23 said:
RunUO 2.0 RC1 supported distro now available! There are no functional changes to this update, so if you are still running RunUO 1.0, you do not need to update.

If you have RunUO 2.0 RC1 and TownHouses 1.1 for RunUO 2.0, you will need to remove the Utilities folder that came with TownHouses and replace it with this one. TownHouses will work fine with this version as well!
One problem since 2.0 runuo has access level owner as a owner you cant do changes in option maybe you can get that part fixed.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Erica said:
One problem since 2.0 runuo has access level owner as a owner you cant do changes in option maybe you can get that part fixed.

Ah ha! Figured I'd forget something =)

I'll fix it and upload a new distro. Thanks!

~Addition

Okay, updated =)

Arek

Sorceror
I'm getting a whole bunch of this error (total of 104 errors) when attempting to use this with utilities 1.02 (I'm trying to get it to coexist with the latest version of TownHouses, which ships with this version):

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: CS0246: (line 117, column 38) The type or namespace name 'Template' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: CS0103: (line 117, column 6) The name 'AddTemplateButton' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Knives.Chat.ProfileGump'

There's probably a simple fix for this, but I sure as heck can't see it...Maybe I just need some sleep.

--Arek

(sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier...)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Arek said:
I'm getting a whole bunch of this error (total of 104 errors) when attempting to use this with utilities 1.02 (I'm trying to get it to coexist with the latest version of TownHouses, which ships with this version):

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: CS0246: (line 117, column 38) The type or namespace name 'Template' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: CS0103: (line 117, column 6) The name 'AddTemplateButton' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Knives.Chat.ProfileGump'

There's probably a simple fix for this, but I sure as heck can't see it...Maybe I just need some sleep.

--Arek

(sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier...)

If you use this system for RunUO 2.0, you need to remove any Utilities package you have installed and replace it with the one that comes with this system. Because it uses code eliminated by 3.0 and TownHouses, you have to make this special effort to use it. Using this Utilities package does not conflict with TownHouses.

Arek

Sorceror
Thanks for the heads-up on this. My understanding was that I needed to use the latest version of utilities. Works now (RunUO 1.0, btw). :)

--Arek

error....

hey this is the error i get when i dl this file and restart server....

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (5 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ListGump.cs: CS01
04: (line 575, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\OptionsGump.cs: C
S0104: (line 447, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\OptionsGump.cs: C
S0104: (line 496, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\PmGump.cs: CS0104
: (line 147, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Knives Chat v2.02 for RunUO 1.0\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: C
S0104: (line 136, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Not sure how to fix it this is for runuo 1.0.0.... just so u guys know any help would be appreciated!

Ajantis

Wanderer
Why wont it let me use [C.......its as if it doesnt even exist and I consider this the MOST important feature of the chat. I hope to hear from you soon.