RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

Pyro-Tech

Knight
kmwill23 said:
This makes complete sense for staff!

for staff definatly....for player to player though, i thought it would be usefull to allow that to be public for those that don't care that other's know who is their character :)

i think i am not making sense again lol :eek::p:confused:

Kheldar

Sorceror
i have a suggestion not sure how it would work but is it possible to make it open the guild page when you press the guild button in papaerdoll i know that xmlquest does this with the quest button just a suggestion dunno if it'll work or not

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kheldar said:
i have a suggestion not sure how it would work but is it possible to make it open the guild page when you press the guild button in papaerdoll i know that xmlquest does this with the quest button just a suggestion dunno if it'll work or not

I am thinking when RunUO 2.0 is released, that Guild button will have the new guild system attatched. I don't want to override that! Otherwise, nice abstract idea!

Asmir3

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
I am thinking when RunUO 2.0 is released, that Guild button will have the new guild system attatched. I don't want to override that! Otherwise, nice abstract idea!
his totaly right

Rosey1

Wanderer
i cant wait to see the new system!

I do have a question for people who have this installed. When I type a pm in the box, sometimes the cursor reverts back to the bottom where you would type for the whole world to see. Sometimes more than others. I have to constantly click on the pm box to get back in it.

I was just wondering if it was just me or not.

zardd

Sorceror
Gump issues - is there a fix? (maybe disable the arrows)

brodockbr said:
here is my little bug repport:
GumpPlus -> OnResponse -> |0x3C4F "psicomata"|-> Knives.Utils.OverrideGump -> Next Template

sorry but i have no idea how to reproduce... may be it can help

Dont know if im overlooking a fix i cant see one..
But this error is generated when pressing the < or > buttons to change through the 'Templates'

I get a similar error :)

Code:
[B]16/02/2006 10:47:56 PM[/B]
GumpPlus-> OnResponce-> |0x92F "Admin"|->
Knives.Utils.OverrideGump-> Previous Template

[B]16/02/2006 10:48:10 PM[/B]
GumpPlus-> OnResponce-> |0x92F "Admin"|->
Knives.Utils.OverrideGump-> Next Template

To generate this error..
Open [c then click the blue button next to the paints at the bottom right.
Once the template modification gump is open press either the < or the > arrows.
And this error should generate.

If you make manual alteration say to the background then use the < or > it will work fine the first time...
When you click it a second time the error will generate.

This was tested on a fresh server 1.0 server downloaded around 30mins ago :D

Thanks for your time. :cool:

kmwill23

Sorceror
Always nice finding another bug to fix =) Wasn't too difficult, and since not a major issue I will delay an update to fix it.

An update on v3.0! The shell is completed, I am having inspiration issues with implementing the major feature addition though! Not having much free time doesn't help the cause much =)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i see this and alot of other things are waiting on RUO 2.0 to come out....has there been an announcment as to this?? or is everyone just thinking it's comming to time?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
i see this and alot of other things are waiting on RUO 2.0 to come out....has there been an announcment as to this?? or is everyone just thinking it's comming to time?

I personally am not waiting for RunUO 2.0. Just waiting for inspiration! It's kinda like writer's block =)

LowCastle

Wanderer
Hidden staff members.

I hope I'm not too late to request an additional modification. There is one thing about the current version that I would like to see changed.
There are four Admins on my shard, including myself. All of us have the "hide" option enabled in chat so that we are not constantly flooded with PMs from the players. The problem is, we cannot send PMs to one another.
I think we could probably resolve this by creating a guild for staff members, I'm not sure. But it would be nice if by default all administrators see everyone in chat, even those who have the hide option enabled.

kmwill23

Sorceror
LowCastle said:
I hope I'm not too late to request an additional modification. There is one thing about the current version that I would like to see changed.
There are four Admins on my shard, including myself. All of us have the "hide" option enabled in chat so that we are not constantly flooded with PMs from the players. The problem is, we cannot send PMs to one another.
I think we could probably resolve this by creating a guild for staff members, I'm not sure. But it would be nice if by default all administrators see everyone in chat, even those who have the hide option enabled.

I've been waying adding an option to either 1. hide makes you invis to the same accesslevel and lower 2. hide makes you invis to just lower. This would make it so admins could see each other, and Gamemasters could see their equals, etc.

Thoughts?

arshesnei

Wanderer
Okay, i'm new with learning scripts but here goes.. i had a few errors while adding knives chat to my server.. i fixed them but the ones i cannot figure out are Identifier expected, 'name space' is a keyword. line 3 column 14

.. coming from the public,faction and guild chat scripts..

i would paste the errors on here, but i do not know how. Im really new but i will catch on fast so be bear with me :)

Greystar

Wanderer
arshesnei said:
Okay, i'm new with learning scripts but here goes.. i had a few errors while adding knives chat to my server.. i fixed them but the ones i cannot figure out are Identifier expected, 'name space' is a keyword. line 3 column 14

.. coming from the public,faction and guild chat scripts..

i would paste the errors on here, but i do not know how. Im really new but i will catch on fast so be bear with me :)

This chat system is drag and drop, no distro scripts edited... uhm... yah...