RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
abramelin said:
can i disable Public Messaging, Private Messaging, IRC Connection, Error Reporting, In-Game Command Changing, Player Listing, Friend Listing, Staff Listing, Ignored Players Listing, Banned Players Listing, Private Message Listing, Interface Customizations, Global Listening, Filters, Spam Blocker, Regional or Global Public Chat Settings, On/Offline Messaging.

i only want Guild Messaging, Guild Listing, Faction Listing,faction messaging.how can i do that?

After reading your request in the other topic, I can say the best course for you is to strip the GuildChat.cs file to its basics. I can help you with that when I'm not on Xmas vacation =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Dawn said:
How can I delete Staffmembers from Chat?

It remembers every single Name a Staffmember ever took, even if the Staffmember is not there anymore.

The only way to prevent this is to delete the staff character or demote that character to player.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Hadina said:
can you make it so u dont have to say [pm NAME and instead make it so u say [pm and it gives you a list of people.
i hope that makes some sense to u :confused:

also keep the [pm NAME so that it pleases all players

Basically making [pm pop up the chat menu when no name is given, kinda like [gc opening the Guild tab? Don't see why not =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Update!

Don't get too excited though, chances are you won't have to download anything. If you run both this and my Town Houses system, you understand about the Utilities folder. Well, I'm hoping giving the Utilities a version number and it's own install directory will help relieve some of the installation confusion.

You only need one copy of these Utilities, just be sure the copy you have is the most recent!

sunstone

Wanderer
Is there a way to add in a second faction chat that goes to all factions? So the faction to faction taunting is not occuring on global public chat but only to all faction members of all factions?

kmwill23

Sorceror
sunstone said:
Is there a way to add in a second faction chat that goes to all factions? So the faction to faction taunting is not occuring on global public chat but only to all faction members of all factions?

There are ways that require a bit of work, yes. If I ever get to finishing it, the next version of Chat will have something you can use.

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am about halfway through the alpha stages of v3.0!

While I don't want to reveal too much of what I am adding, I do want to know what you would like to see in this next version. Version 2.0 is coming up on its birthday, and I couldn't think of a better celebration than giving it a complete rewrite from the ground up.

So, let me know what you'd like to see, or things you'd like improved!

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have been trying to see if this does it or not, but it doesn't seem to be allowed....

is there a way to mass PM on this? like for staff to pm all players for something??

Pyro-Tech

Knight
kmwill23 said:
That would be a nice feature =)

hehe...v3.0 feature wishlist started then :D

also, how about the ability to search offline characters?

and/or an option to allow you to insert something to show that you own all the same characters (option in case some people like to roleplay different characters and not let others in on it;))

i would say your account name, but i know some would not like you to have your account name visible so....*shrug*.....just something where mabey you can have it say the character name, then followed in parenthesies your account name or whatever you decide, that you could identify "ok im talking to the same person".....or if anything mabey make account name show up for the different characters for staff only?

just a few ideas that me and my players have made mention in times of discussing this.....

Rosey1

Wanderer
unless i'm a moron (which is totally possible), seems that people who are gms or admins or whatever, even if their characters gets demoted, deleted, they stay on the staff list. Is that just me? Mind you, i haven't looked in the files to see if there is one I can edit that saves all the info.

sordican

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
I am about halfway through the alpha stages of v3.0!

While I don't want to reveal too much of what I am adding, I do want to know what you would like to see in this next version. Version 2.0 is coming up on its birthday, and I couldn't think of a better celebration than giving it a complete rewrite from the ground up.

So, let me know what you'd like to see, or things you'd like improved!

I would love to see some of the features you had in 1.0, but left out in 2.0. Like:
  • a "search by letter"-column
  • Online/Offline notes at the top of the PM-window
  • A counter showing the amount of clients online

As for new features, I wanna suggest maybe a change in the PM-notifyer window. (A larger one perhaps, or even a changable one?).

I was really happy to see that you're still around and making updates to your already brilliant and awsome scripts, Knives. Can't wait to see what you've done with a version 3.0! Keep it up! :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Suggestions:

1) Seperate the IRC and Global Chat settings
2) Add More IRC functionality (from what i read you are already doing this)
  • Nick Registration ability
  • Chan Registration ability
  • Able to send /<command> via a text dialog box would be nice (I know they would only apply to the IRC (semi-bot) but that would do nicely.
3) Option for friends list
  • PM when friend logs on
  • PM when friend dies
4) already mentioned but, global pm from staff with 3 options
  • PM all players
  • PM all staff
  • PM all

I think thats all I would like to see at this point.

Cyndrz

Wanderer
I have been resently getting error chat logs that have have never recieved befor they look likre this: At Jan 23 at 11:15:25 pm Chatinfo->Laod->[OxCB8] "Johnny Bravo", Now not sure what to do with this error log or the others.

I have also noticed that lately Staff names show up when like said befor if there no longer staff or promoted there name stays the same. Also when we do a restart Staff names dont show up at all untill they log in at least once and for other staff that may have other staff on friends when they try to PM the other staff they get a message that the name couldnt be found.

This may all be normal it may not be but I dont remember the system working this way in the beginning. Good Luck on the upgrade and thank you for this wonderful system and if I could make a suggestion? We dont use IRC so if you add it could there maybe be a way to disconnect that part of it.

Greystar

Wanderer
Cyndrz said:
I have been resently getting error chat logs that have have never recieved befor they look likre this: At Jan 23 at 11:15:25 pm Chatinfo->Laod->[OxCB8] "Johnny Bravo", Now not sure what to do with this error log or the others.

I have also noticed that lately Staff names show up when like said befor if there no longer staff or promoted there name stays the same. Also when we do a restart Staff names dont show up at all untill they log in at least once and for other staff that may have other staff on friends when they try to PM the other staff they get a message that the name couldnt be found.

This may all be normal it may not be but I dont remember the system working this way in the beginning. Good Luck on the upgrade and thank you for this wonderful system and if I could make a suggestion? We dont use IRC so if you add it could there maybe be a way to disconnect that part of it.
the irc part is already part of the system, but it is disabled by default unless you enable it.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Cyndrz said:

If you don't use IRC, just disable it, the top button in the options =)

The error you mentioned will cause the staff listing issues you are experiencing. Since it is finding a problem when loading a player's info, it stops loading the rest of the info all together.

As far as showing a person as a staffer when they are demoted, at first glance I can't see why that would happen. Luckily the display of staff in the new version is quite different =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Great ideas everyone! Here's what I have so far:

- Phonebook style search
- Offline tags on Pm messages
- Total clients
- Option to show offline players
- IRC Nickname, Channel registration
- Notifications when friends log in/die
- Pm all staff, players, or everyone for staffers

~

Pyro, I read the description of your other idea, but didn't really get a clear sense of your thought. You mentioned roleplaying and not telling people, but then mention revealing that person through chat. Not sure if that's something the roleplayer would want =P

A few of the other suggestions will be obsolete with the introduction of a couple major additions to the system in v3.0. That ugly loading error will also disappear =)

sordican

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
Great ideas everyone! Here's what I have so far:

- Phonebook style search
- Offline tags on Pm messages
- Total clients
- Option to show offline players
- IRC Nickname, Channel registration
- Notifications when friends log in/die
- Pm all staff, players, or everyone for staffers

A few of the other suggestions will be obsolete with the introduction of a couple major additions to the system in v3.0. That ugly loading error will also disappear =)

Just plain wonderful Knives... Once again you prove what an awsome asset you are to the RunUO community. :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
kmwill23 said:
Pyro, I read the description of your other idea, but didn't really get a clear sense of your thought. You mentioned roleplaying and not telling people, but then mention revealing that person through chat. Not sure if that's something the roleplayer would want =P

Sorry....i was wondering if i was making any sense or not.

What i meant pretty much was for it to have an option to display you character name along with either your account name or some other nick (say the one you have registered for default UO chat?)

The reason i suggest this, is i have had alot of instances of wondering if i am talking to the same person on a different character, or if it is someone completly different. The reason i say this as an option (from player standpoint) is that some people like to actually act and Role-play differently based off of what character they are playing. Mabey for staff, they can see this no matter what since they could just do a [who and see it.

Sorry if i was unclear earlier

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
Sorry....i was wondering if i was making any sense or not.

What i meant pretty much was for it to have an option to display you character name along with either your account name or some other nick (say the one you have registered for default UO chat?)

The reason i suggest this, is i have had alot of instances of wondering if i am talking to the same person on a different character, or if it is someone completly different. The reason i say this as an option (from player standpoint) is that some people like to actually act and Role-play differently based off of what character they are playing. Mabey for staff, they can see this no matter what since they could just do a [who and see it.

Sorry if i was unclear earlier

This makes complete sense for staff!