RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

ssalter

Account Terminated
Does 2.02 fix the problem when a PM is sent and then the player character that sent the PM is deleted before it is received?

losernot88

Wanderer
not working

I Installed the components of 2.02 in my custom script folder but when i
tried to restart server i got 20 errors about the namespaces. I was wondering if i have to download the utils folder also?

unlocking

while working on a house on my server i encountered a small problem

when i tried to unlock a chest by saying "i wish to unlock this" i got an error about IRC not being connected or something.....

plz help

Greystar

Wanderer
irvine.kinneas03 said:
while working on a house on my server i encountered a small problem

when i tried to unlock a chest by saying "i wish to unlock this" i got an error about IRC not being connected or something.....

plz help

shouldn't unless you accidentally added a [ before your i like

[i wish to unlock this

New Dawns

Wanderer
Something strange happened for some reason staff can not talk in irc from ingame anymore. Nothings been changed in the script and none of the ingame settings have been changed.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Greystar

Wanderer
New Dawns said:
Something strange happened for some reason staff can not talk in irc from ingame anymore. Nothings been changed in the script and none of the ingame settings have been changed.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Sure your still connected to IRC?

New Dawns

Wanderer
Yep its still connected to irc Greystar. Players can use it fine its just staff that can't talk in irc from ingame. Its got me stumped since nothing has changed.

wensday

Wanderer
problems

downloaded, but when trying to run the program it says that I have 5 errors. Each error is from one of the gumps and they all say that InfoGump is an ambiguous refrence. Help??

Greystar

Wanderer
wensday said:
downloaded, but when trying to run the program it says that I have 5 errors. Each error is from one of the gumps and they all say that InfoGump is an ambiguous refrence. Help??

you must not have added the utility directory

Furvert

Wanderer
Hello I have a problem:
Each time I add new script to shard, server crashes or simmilar. Friend list, Ignores list, saved private messages, custom settings (sound of pm, massege read notification) and even guild mates names on players accounts completely clears out exept custom chat layout.
Is there a way to solve this problem by saveing those things and how much in server space that will take for each account with approximately 30 people in friend list and 10 saved private messages... or do I need to be costantly spammed by page/forum topics ? :)
Thanks for any help.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Got these two errors and it crashed the server

Got these two errors and it crashed the server. Now my list of Gm's on the staff section of chat system is messed up. Its not showing 3 of my GM's.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump.BuildGump()
   at Knives.Utils.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump..ctor(Mobile m)
   at Knives.Chat.ChatInfo.OnLogin(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.LoginEventHandler.Invoke(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DoLogin(NetState state, Mobile m)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.PlayCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump.BuildGump()
   at Knives.Utils.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump..ctor(Mobile m)
   at Knives.Chat.ChatInfo.OnLogin(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.LoginEventHandler.Invoke(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DoLogin(NetState state, Mobile m)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.PlayCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

kmwill23

Sorceror
3.0 Feature Preview

Something I've found over the past couple years, most of the shards using this Chat system aren't english speaking. In fact, I find more Turkish users!

With 3.0, I am making it easier to localize the different system messages and menu items. All messages are stored in a simple text file and parsed by their carraige return. To update a message, just change the appropriate line. Once done, place the updated file into the /Data directory.

This feature is already complete, as is 80% of the alpha dev work on 3.0.

kmwill23

Sorceror
3.0 Feature Preview

The friend's list will have some familiar features built in. It's now seperate from the normal public list. It handles all private messaging functions, including a popup when a new message is received. By expanding the list, you can see each individual player who has sent you a new message and open whichever you wish. When a non-friend sends you a message, they will appear here until you read all their messages.

But you can also prevent non-friends from sending you messages. In fact, you can require a player request adding you to their friend list. These requests come to you as normal messages that you can approve or deny. Above typical messages and these requests, Staff can also send out Pm broadcasts for important information.

Finally, messages include a new feature that allows you to go beyond the normal textbox character limit.

Most of these features are already complete, and now so is about 85% of the alpha dev work.

kmwill23

Sorceror
3.0 Feature Preview

Players will be able to set speech commands for opening the different chat menus. For example: by setting the friend's menu to "1", players can type the single number '1' to open that menu.

kmwill23

Sorceror
3.0 Feature Preview

This is the part that stalled development for a couple months. In the end, I decided to build upon what I've been doing since 1.0 instead of completely changing the Public/Guild/Faction channel setup. With 3.0, you can create, modify and remove channels easily. If you don't want players to have a Faction channel, simply remove or rename the Faction.cs script from the channels folder. To add new channels and set their style (Regional, Global), open up the PublicChannels.cs file and copy how the public channel is created in the script. This way you can easily set up a Trade channel, PvP channel, and the other channels everyone's been requesting. If a player doesn't want to participate in a channel, they can leave at any time.

I am now 95% done with the first beta. Every feature is complete, and I am now testing, syncing, and polishing.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Extensive code review and internal testing for 3.0 Beta 1 completed. Now it's time to put it to the real test: You. Ready and willing to risk all, complain about interface changes, find nasty bugs, and generally tear apart 4 months of on and off work?

Well, now's your chance! I am looking for one more beta tester. There are only two requirements for this phase: daily email contact and lots of feedback.

The first Pm gets the slot, though I will take note of others for future testing.

Here's to a successful and fast field testing! *cheers*