RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get some input from you!

PerfectWing

Wanderer
May be give us the ability to mix some pub16 and aos features (for ex use special hits of worriors, but disable fire/cold... damage/resistances), rather that have a bolean on all aos... if its possible.
It is possible. I have custom AoS housing enabled on my non-AoS enabled shard. Remember all the checks are done with if( Core.AOS ). To do what I did above, you have to comment out only three lines.

Yurup

Wanderer
PerfectWing said:
SECURE Remote Administration through Telnet (or some other means) permitting but not limited to:
-Invoke Worldsaves
-Create Acct (including priv levels, etc)
-Invoke Reboot and Save / Reboot / Shutdown and save / Shutdown
-Other commands.

Aye, a good remote admin system would own. Its also one of the biggest things that keeps my shard from running RunUO.

Requiem

Wanderer
It is possible. I have custom AoS housing enabled on my non-AoS enabled shard. Remember all the checks are done with if( Core.AOS ).

I know some are possible even easy to do, but some else are not, as the fire/cold... resistance/damage is too difficult to enable, as u have to change all the scripts of spells, armors, weaps, pretty all the scripts... having a disable option at the root (aos.cs), on the main changes would be much more easy. And as an ex u have to script a new gumps to get necro/paladin skill apear in game on nonaos shards, simply ridiculous when u know those skills have already been implemented. Having a list of the new features, and a bolean on them would be much easier.

I know having such boleans, would coz some problems, if u get only necro to work, then some of the spell use fire.. resist/damage, and some would be lost coz they desable few boleans and it wouldn't work as they espected, but at list for those that know what they are doing it would be much easier.

Escorial

Wanderer
I'd suggest improve the monster AI. Ideally, each creature type must have it's own AI. Maybe it sin't like OSI, but I'd add possibility of fizzles to mage NPCs, decrease the healing of monsters, and improved the way they fight, I mean the case, when one player is the target for the monster, while the others could easily kill the creature.

8ball

Wanderer
Many of these ideas are great.

But the one thing I would like to see added into RunUO, is a background save. That way when the game goes to save you are not frozen in time for a minute or so.

Most the servers I have been on have about a 30 second pause or more every few minutes.

rlitt3

Wanderer
Really need container spawners like here :

http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=10042&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Still need to make it so that you must steal the items within (if it is a shop/town container) in order to get the item(s). If caught stealing, you get guardwhacked.

Yurup

Wanderer
What I would also like to see is an option to activate a bounty hunter script. I'm sure alot of people dont like the fact OSI got rid of it and would like to see it brought back.

Tremerelord

Wanderer
1) GUI
2)pre-AOs support
3)jail/unjail system
4)This is just me being lazy, but paperdolls for everything! :D Make it easier for custom races...
5)Luck
6)Id like to see the scripts for all those handy dandy little artifacts stratics has listed added
7)A GM screen similar to the admin one (from the [admin command) so that Gms can do a little more like check who is online go to and so on, as it is only admins have those privs. Ill post later as to exact details.

mrkroket

Wanderer
-Virtualize all possible variables and methods. I found that when I like to redefine a variable I can't. To bypass that, the script becomes really complex.

-Long distance pathfindings. I think on something similar to djikstra algorithm. Pathfinding should check teleports as valid paths.

-Lag countermeasures. On crowded zones (brit bank, tourneys, quests) the server should reduce bandwidth use. Spell effects should be minimized, talk radius should be reduced (only near ppl can hear you) , and all talk packets should be added on a token bucket. Only if vital info (movements, combat, etc..) are sent and we have remaining bandwidth, we'll send the non-vital packets (text, 3D spell effects, etc..). Excessive text from players should be discarded.

-Reduce changes on core scripts when new scripts are added. I.e. I found that to add a new IA you should include it on several parts of the distro. There should be an easy way (simply a new customIA() from your mobile).

-More IA's

Tremerelord

Wanderer
8 ) This ones a doozy and Ill probly get smacked for it, :D , but dynamic world files (so to speak). Add into animal Ai to eat (wolves kill sheep, sheep eat crops, etc), make pickable plants around the world, when trees are chopped add a function to make it dynamic, give it hit points, destroyed and you can chop down a tree. Make it so roads can be built in between housing (player growing cities) using the house add on features. This would be a titanic task to do all, so i dont actually expect to see it, just be nice.
9) I like ASayre8’s idea on ore vein and being able to modify where they are, so say you had a custom ore, you couyld only get it from one spot.
10) Arffy’s idea to have 2 or more shards run in tandemn, ooo.
11) Factions, but make it so they can be modified, so you don’t have to use the existing factions (i.e., if it were a custom shard based on Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series, you could have a dragonsworn faction, darkfriend faction, white tower faction, etc…)
12) from Atomic
An hallucination effect like sphere's one, that mess up the colors and body ids of everything, but only for you. This would be useful for a lot of things
13) Make it so you don’t need Aos to see Malas, and so on… :D Shard support for any version of Uo would be great a lot of players having trouble getting the newest stuff
14)bonded pets would be nice
15) Mounted stamina uses mount stamina, not your own

psz

Administrator
You have to have the AOS client to see Malas, otherwise you have no map file to see in the first place.

You can change the public moongate script to allow/disallow any client to have access to any facet.

Sirch

Wanderer
well if u make a young player system, also make an easy way to get rid of it :). Young player system wud definately suk for pvp shards :>

psz

Administrator
Just have the player say "I renounce my young player status"

That or create a stone that does it.

Besides, there will probably be a bool in the charactercreation.cs that would turn it on/off.