RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get some input from you!

psz

Administrator
You can do that already: Just replace the ones that are there with different songs (match the names, though)

raistlin

Wanderer
1) A COOKING SYSTEM TO BE LIKE OSI!!!
2) Also golems craftable by tinkers
todo
A) Make golems "tamed" when crafted.
B) Can only be healed by use of "repair" in the tinker craft gump (uses iron ingots to heal, healing of golem based on tinker skill.)
C) Anyone can own a Golem but only a tinker with 80+ in skill can craft them.

To make
80+ tinkering skill is needed to make.
Double clicking the clockwork will create a tamed iron golem, it takes all the parts.
Parts needed
5 gears (Already in crafting gump)
50 iron ingots (mine it)
50 bronze ingots (mine it)
Clockwork assembly (loot off monsters) Base 0x1EAB, Hue (a light gray)
Power crystal (loot off monsters) Base 0x1F1C, hue 0

3) Stealing from containers for thevies!
4) Pet bonding!
5) Better AI for tamed pets.
6) Proxmity flagging when being attacked by monsters.
7) Npcs that walk around things to get to their attackers.
8) Birds that fly over land and water.
9) BACKGROUND SOUNDS!
10) orc scouts.
11) savages.
12) tribal paint.
13) Tamed then released pets to decay (all my animals are named "a").
14) more speach events on npcs like osi.
15) Pre-writen OSI books (non-writable) and bookcase to spawn them.
16) newbied "death" robe when rezz'ed (aos false)
17) a way to get pets from a players stable.

Well, what I've personally been waiting for is a fully "plug and play" server. I mean, I don't want to have to configure the world at all. I just want to instal the server, and voila - people can join and play and so can I. NPC's are roaming about, monsters are respawning, balance is adequate, etc.

Roland

Sorceror
I'd like to see;

-Adding more/all OSI (especially AOS) features into the official code. Including ones people have made in the scripts section...off the top of my mind;
-Plants/planting/harvesting (full implementation of non-combat skills features...my players ask for this)
-Paladin (complete)
More/all NPCs!

Then for my own stuff;
-Ability to [easily] implement music like it use to be. Songs play as per where you are...Trinny plays the Trinsic music, Brit the Brit tunes, Skara the Skara tune, and so on. Like back before the 3D client. I kind of miss this...and I know it can be scripted by region but I'd like it official. :)

-Weather? Could we have snow and rain?

-The ability to turn off or on the old way of doing stam loss when traveling. I like the things we have now, but still think running should dec your stamina. I have tried to script this but it never seems to work out right.

I'll have to think about this post some more. There are other features that I miss from OSI, but just can not think of them right now...

But mainly, I would like to see the core and official release follow OSI as close as possible. We can bolt on non-OSI stuff if we want now on our own.

Xero

Sorceror
welll... i was thinking.. maybe something like a UOAutoMap.... like u have a tab called "Mini-Map"and u click it and it's a little map, with little circles of where everyone is on the server :)

Xero

Sorceror
No.. because then everyone on the server will have to use it.. i was saying if we had a function like that.. u can use the "go xyz" command.. and u can get the XYZ of a player.. if we had a UOAM Type map in the RunUO GUI.. then it'd be cool :)

psz

Administrator
Well... Most of the people I know USE UOAM ;->

But I can see your point as well.

Dunno how practical it'd be to impliment, though...

Alari

Wanderer
I'd like to see RunUO take things a bit beyond OSI standard. It's nice to follow their lead in the terms of not needing to worry about which feature to implement and such, but some things were done in such a limited way that they could easily be expanded on in a way most folks would agree is good.

I can use cooking as an example: =) When you get meat from a creature, it could be called [creature] meat instead of just meat or ribs or whatever, then when cooking with this meat the quality and type could be transferred to the cooked object (Orc meat pizza, griffon meat pie, etc =) Or if you had the meat too long it could become spoiled if not prepared or preserved. Additional complexity could be added as well, for example, butcher a slain pig and you get pig meat, grind that up and you get sausages, etc, BUT, use a platter on an unbutchered slain piggy and you get "uncooked pig on a platter" (The roast pig graphic, lighter) and instead of burning food to a crisp and deleting it, you could get "burned bread", "overcooked muffins", etc, that sell for a pittance but are still edible. As well, pies for all the fruits and vegtables instead of just a limited set..

... now I'm hungry. :confused:;

Could also make "Pizza of Bob" if player meat were implemented. :>

There are similar things that could be done for carpentry, such as regular wood, yew wood, ironwood, dark wood, etc instead of just logs and boards, with furniture being tinted based on the wood used, as well as the option to use whatever is handy and have a 'mixed-wood' item with just the normal coloration.

I know it will get easier to script these kind of addons as the code becomes more stable and reaches v1.0 -- but you asked what we'd like to see, and I'd love to see this. :> (I wanted to script the cooking stuff but I'm not good enough with C# yet. Still learning)

Token

Wanderer
Alari said:
I'd like to see RunUO take things a bit beyond OSI standard. It's nice to follow their lead in the terms of not needing to worry about which feature to implement and such, but some things were done in such a limited way that they could easily be expanded on in a way most folks would agree is good.

I can use cooking as an example: =) When you get meat from a creature, it could be called [creature] meat instead of just meat or ribs or whatever, then when cooking with this meat the quality and type could be transferred to the cooked object (Orc meat pizza, griffon meat pie, etc =) Or if you had the meat too long it could become spoiled if not prepared or preserved. Additional complexity could be added as well, for example, butcher a slain pig and you get pig meat, grind that up and you get sausages, etc, BUT, use a platter on an unbutchered slain piggy and you get "uncooked pig on a platter" (The roast pig graphic, lighter) and instead of burning food to a crisp and deleting it, you could get "burned bread", "overcooked muffins", etc, that sell for a pittance but are still edible. As well, pies for all the fruits and vegtables instead of just a limited set..

... now I'm hungry. :confused:;

Could also make "Pizza of Bob" if player meat were implemented. :>

There are similar things that could be done for carpentry, such as regular wood, yew wood, ironwood, dark wood, etc instead of just logs and boards, with furniture being tinted based on the wood used, as well as the option to use whatever is handy and have a 'mixed-wood' item with just the normal coloration.

I know it will get easier to script these kind of addons as the code becomes more stable and reaches v1.0 -- but you asked what we'd like to see, and I'd love to see this. :> (I wanted to script the cooking stuff but I'm not good enough with C# yet. Still learning)

I like this idea acually. It would make cooking more usefull.

Also what I was thinking make any skill that doesnt really have a purpose to make it into a purpose. Example: Spirit Speak now it works where people use it.

rexxz

Page
heres an idea to expand on cooking, make certian meat form certain monsters give you certain changes to your character when cooked with certain ingredients :rolleyes:

lotsa certain huh

like get anciewnt wyrm meat cooked with magic mushrooms in a pot of bllod, give you like +20 str +15 dex +10 int for a duration??

not just stas, but other stuff as well

Odissey

Wanderer
I think that one thing thats going to hel to the community its organize the website, with all the scripts submitted.

And i woulld like an RunUO SPANISH COMMUNITY (I offer to make it)