RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Can Be Cruel

Have You ever Experienced a Horrible Tradgedy over a lossed friend of Relative?

• Yes I have. And it was terrible.

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No I have never experienced a True Horrible Tragedy.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Dont even care.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Rosetta

Wanderer
bzk90;715805 said:
intelligent people are less susceptible to accidental death because they don't put loaded revolvers under their pillows :)

Yeah they don't trip up ever. Nope never. No accidents what-so-ever, not getting hit by a car, not a natural disaster, not a victim of crime at the local quickie mart, don't get fatally ill, nope nothing like that could ever happen to the "intelligent people".

There are some very basic factors about dieing. The first being it is never pretty. People either die by sickness/poison (young or old - self induced or not self induced) or some kind of accident (natural disasters, drowning, war, vehicle, etc) by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are very few in betweens on that kind of thing.

You're pride is amazing on this though. You come across as believing in immortality. You're young so I can understand this to a point. But perhaps you might accept that death is not choosy about anyones intellectual abilities.

Some day you might just get that "shit happens" without explanation all the time.

*Looks around for Elvis, I know he could not of died! He's the KING!*:rolleyes:

Courageous

Wanderer
TheRockstar2253;715849 said:
I knew the whole time there was an (Un-Told Story), so here it is....

The fishiness of the described series of events was evident from the start. Be that as it may, I can see this moving towards a particularly dark place for you. A few visits with a good counselor would be time well-spent.

And for the time being, I recommend you terminate all contact with this particular 'friend' of yours. ALL.

C//

Courageous;715880 said:
The fishiness of the described series of events was evident from the start. Be that as it may, I can see this moving towards a particularly dark place for you. A few visits with a good counselor would be time well-spent.

And for the time being, I recommend you terminate all contact with this particular 'friend' of yours. ALL.

C//

If you are talking about Blake, No I never did like him at all. I couldnt stand to see him. I knew he was trouble from the start. =/

And No I dont need to see a Counselor. Accept for the several that will be at the funeral. Im getting through this just fine. I mean it could be worse.

Im gonna make it.

Courageous

Wanderer
TheRockstar2253;715887 said:
If you are talking about Blake, No I never did like him at all. I couldnt stand to see him. I knew he was trouble from the start. =/

And No I dont need to see a Counselor. Accept for the several that will be at the funeral. Im getting through this just fine. I mean it could be worse.

Im gonna make it.

It was okay hating the fucker. :)

Anyway, good to hear that you are processing it. Be well,

C//

I feel like the time Ive been spending with his family has helped out some.

Also Im thinking that if I keep cracking jokes and stuff, it will keep my mind off of it. But really I cant but it helps.

Courageous

Wanderer
TheRockstar2253;715893 said:
....it will keep my mind off of it. But really I cant but it helps.

It's to be expected. No worries. You need to "process it". That's why long walks in the sunshine are healthy at a time like this. You can think, you're exercising, and in the sun, which elevates endorphins (along with the exercise).

C//

bzk90

Lord
Rosetta;715853 said:
Yeah they don't trip up ever. Nope never. No accidents what-so-ever, not getting hit by a car, not a natural disaster, not a victim of crime at the local quickie mart, don't get fatally ill, nope nothing like that could ever happen to the "intelligent people".

There are some very basic factors about dieing. The first being it is never pretty. People either die by sickness/poison (young or old - self induced or not self induced) or some kind of accident (natural disasters, drowning, war, vehicle, etc) by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are very few in betweens on that kind of thing.

I never said these things only happen to stupid people; I said that intelligent people don't make mistakes that will obviously lead to death. Intelligent people are smart enough not to keep guns loaded with the safety turned off nor are they retarded enough to put a firearm under their pillow.

Obviously death comes to us all, I am just saying that intelligent people don't usually do things that will dramatically improve the chances of accidental death.

Theres a certain level of control people have when it comes to avoiding accident prone situations...unintelligent people are less aware of what might be dangerous (especially when using illegal substances) and, because of this, they are more likely to die by unnatural causes.

bzk90

Lord
not my fault that people won't see reason. Yes, I was insensitive...that doesn't mean that my logic is wrong.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Fucking shut up already. You're a little friendless bitch who can't stand that anyone else would have any connection to another human being, so you have to torment them with your relentless "logic". Goddamnit, go find an emo chick to sing sweet refrains about how useless life is to or something.

And you're not even making sense. The guy didn't put the loaded gun under his pillow with the expectation that it would blow his brains out. He put it there for protection against anything that may come into his house or bedroom unsuspectingly. If he's willing to go that far, why would he not load the bullet? "Oh, excuse me, Sir Thief. Please hold on a moment while I fumble for that bullet and load it into the chamber so that I may properly defend myself against your intrusion." You're an ultra-pessimist, so you can't say that you don't understand why anyone would feel the need to go that far in protecting themselves against others. The guy slept with it under his pillow for that long without anything going wrong, so there was obviously no problem with that scenario. He just wasn't expecting anyone to try and play with the gun under the pillow, not to mention trip while using it and shoot him in the face.

Rosetta

Wanderer
bzk90;715929 said:
not my fault that people won't see reason. Yes, I was insensitive...that doesn't mean that my logic is wrong.

Your logic is wrong. Smart people do stupid things sometimes. They can wind up dead. Fall down and never get up again!

To reiterate "shit happens"!

Besides, the concept of a gun under a pillow is in a lot of movies. So it's apparently not that obvious to everyone in the world if James Bond movie plays with the idea.

Tell me James, do you still sleep with a gun under your pillow?

Rockstar - I really didn't want a flame war to happen on a thread like this. Sorry about that, I truly am.

Rosetta;715960 said:
Your logic is wrong. Smart people do stupid things sometimes. They can wind up dead. Fall down and never get up again!

To reiterate "shit happens"!

Besides, the concept of a gun under a pillow is in a lot of movies. So it's apparently not that obvious to everyone in the world if James Bond movie plays with the idea.

Tell me James, do you still sleep with a gun under your pillow?

Rockstar - I really didn't want a flame war to happen on a thread like this. Sorry about that, I truly am.

Its ok Rossetta...Because theres people on here who actually do care. And Im happy aboyut that.

And War-Angel you are now my hommy. Im gonna add you to my friends list.

WarAngel;715970 said:
I'm just trying to make up for calling DDTS a liar when he posted a thread like this. That was wrong of me.

Well the only thing that matters is that you really are trying to proove that you are a better person. And I respect that.

Something similar happened to you before in your life didnt it?

HellRazor

Knight
Intelligence and common sense are two separate things.

I know a lot of really intelligent people that have no common sense.

Courageous

Wanderer
bzk90;715929 said:
Yes, I was insensitive...

In life, there are times where it doesn't pay to be right. Learn this. Had you made this mistake in a live venue, you'd be ostracized. Just because you can get away with it in this electronic venue is no excuse.

Finally... right? No, you weren't right. There are plenty of safe ways to put a gun under the pillow. It's not particularly dumb one way or the other. Even if you are to believe the described series of events at face value, the death did not result from the described 'dumb' activity. The person saying he 'tripped' could have just as well pulled the gun from the night stand. The under the pillow part of this sequence was completely incidental, and had nothing to do with the described killing.

So, you are now suffering from the embarrassing condition of having claimed superior reasoning skills, but having demonstrated in public rather inferior ones. I.e., not just a fool but a damned fool.

You should have quite while you had a chance.

C//

bzk90

Lord
I had prepared a rebuttal for the last couple of posts but it is obvious that I won't be swaying anybody on this one. I guess you all are to human for me...Sorry for being such an insensitive prick

bzk90;716067 said:
I had prepared a rebuttal for the last couple of posts but it is obvious that I won't be swaying anybody on this one. I guess you all are to human for me...Sorry for being such an insensitive prick

Well still BZK like I said the crime is still under investigation. So the whole thing about the gun under the pillow is starting to turn out to be bullshit.

It turned out to be Blakes gun the entire time. He could have been playing around with the gun, pointing it at Patrick thinking it wasnt loaded, and then he could have accidently shot him without knowing there was a bullet in it.

Still we dont know the truth of the story. Something else could have happened.

One more thing BZK.

I am a forgiving person. So Its ok man I still understand where your coming from even though we didnt take it the way you wanted us to take it.

But Im warning you BZK. IDK if you have suffered an actual tragedy in your life, but you are going to one day. And your going to realize why people have so much feelings for their lossed loved ones even if his/her death wasnt for the right cause.

bzk90

Lord
If that turns out to be the truth then I will feel a bit of remorse for Patrick...and I hope Blake gets a maximum sentence for pointing a gun at somebody...especially his own friend.

I blame the NRA...