RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's All Spells System

here are the improved/ballanced ancient spells, and rogue spells, and new Necromancer spells, I promised Can try them out see what ya think. I added a familiar spell in the ancient book as well. (can't get enough of them familars :p)

*EDIT* the detect trap one was a pain in the rear to make. so it may have a few bugs yet. but how it SHOULD work is, when cast, any traps that are near the caster, are revealed (if hidden) and hued 1176 (had to change that I got custom hues on my shard) The effect lasts for a few seconds, and one by one the traps are returned to normal hue. This ALSO works on traped boxes. the drawback is, it will set their hue to 0 after the effect is over.

The destroy trap will simply remove the trap. if it is a traped box it will remove the trap not the box itself

Corpse explosions pretty easy to figure out but needs a Corpse.cs Edit for it to work properly but its an easy addin.

in Scripts\Items\Misc\Corpses.cs

Look for :

private bool m_Channeled;

and under it add:

private bool m_Exploded;

Then look for:

Code:
[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public bool Channeled
		{
			get{ return m_Channeled; }
			set{ m_Channeled = value; }
		}

Under it add:

Code:
[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public bool Exploded
		{
			get{ return m_Exploded; }
			set{ m_Exploded = value; }
		}

Then save and thats it.

When a player casts the spell, it will look for dead creatures and explode them. any hostile targets near the corpse will suffer from some damage. Once the corpse is exploded, it can not be exploded again.

The OTHER option for this spell would have been to delete the corpse instead of just setting it to hued, and exploded. to prevent looting rights problems I figured this was the best way to go.

Attachments

• New Spells.rar
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
MetallicSomber

here are the improved/ballanced ancient spells, and rogue spells, and new Necromancer spells, I promised Can try them out see what ya think. I added a familiar spell in the ancient book as well. (can't get enough of them familars :p)
Cool thanks Metallic. I will add them on the next update. I'm not to sure about the Ancient Spells, cause I have it set for staff only. But maybe add them to something new. I was thinking of making staff spells that did things like cast a timed trash collector and things of that nature. Maybe I can take the spells that are within reason and yours to develop a different class. I will try them out :)

The detect trap I hear has issues, but I am not all that concerned about it cause players don't use these spells, but if I make a new class for player friendly spells from the Ancient class I will work on it. I like the hue idea.

hey Lucid did u get prob with tome of knowlege took care of and if so do i just d/l everything and do it again lol and as far as testing would be glad to and report back errors thanks

supernova72611

hey Lucid did u get prob with tome of knowlege took care of and if so do i just d/l everything and do it again lol and as far as testing would be glad to and report back errors thanks
No not yet. I will soon.

Lucid Nagual said:
The detect trap I hear has issues, but I am not all that concerned about it cause players don't use these spells, but if I make a new class for player friendly spells from the Ancient class I will work on it. I like the hue idea.

The detect trap may as well be a NEW spell I don't think I used any of the codeing from the original, mostly cause I couldnt get it to work or understand how it worked. I BELEIVE that it was to counter act an old spell from when this all spells system was created called "House Trap" where a person would cast the spell and place one in his home. So I just rewrote the whole thing to work on all traps.

another idea that may help you out that I been doing on my shard now is in each spell scroll, Im adding:
Code:
	public override void AddNameProperties( ObjectPropertyList list )
	{
		base.AddNameProperties( list );

list.Add( 1049644, "Rogue Ability Scroll" );
	}
to show the players exactlly what spell book it should go in. I get alot of players asking, "what are the blue scrolls for? or what are the red scrolls for?" atleast this way if they don't go to the shard's web page and find out, they can get a good idea what its for hehe.

*EDIT* I don't think sleep field works properly either, if I get a chance I'll take a look and see what's up.

MetallicSomber

The detect trap may as well be a NEW spell I don't think I used any of the codeing from the original, mostly cause I couldnt get it to work or understand how it worked. I BELEIVE that it was to counter act an old spell from when this all spells system was created called "House Trap" where a person would cast the spell and place one in his home. So I just rewrote the whole thing to work on all traps.

another idea that may help you out that I been doing on my shard now is in each spell scroll, Im adding:
Code:
public override void AddNameProperties( ObjectPropertyList list ) { base.AddNameProperties( list ); list.Add( 1049644, "Rogue Ability Scroll" ); }​

to show the players exactlly what spell book it should go in. I get alot of players asking, "what are the blue scrolls for? or what are the red scrolls for?" atleast this way if they don't go to the shard's web page and find out, they can get a good idea what its for hehe.

*EDIT* I don't think sleep field works properly either, if I get a chance I'll take a look and see what's up.
Cool keep me updated. I'm glade you are repairing some of the bad spells. I haven't had time yet. I'm still working on the TomeOfKnowledge issues.

Folf123

Wanderer
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 43, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerLandmarkScroll' could not be found (are you missing
a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 44, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerTreeStrideScroll' could not be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 45, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerWallOfAirScroll' could not be found (are you missin
g a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 46, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerWoodCarvingsScroll' could not be found (are you mis
sing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I get this error now... had to delete the RunUO folder and start again so I used the files on the first page so if theres anything else I need to do just let me know

Folf123

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 43, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerLandmarkScroll' could not be found (are you missing
a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 44, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerTreeStrideScroll' could not be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 45, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerWallOfAirScroll' could not be found (are you missin
g a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\RangerBag.cs: CS0246: (line 46, column 29) The t
ype or namespace name 'RangerWoodCarvingsScroll' could not be found (are you mis
sing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Common now. I don't have time for this non-sense. This is cause you selectively decided on what you were going to replace from the latest package. If you don't know what you are doing and can't use the package for advanced users then I would suggest you replace EVERY script I post. And if you seen these errors and looked back into the folders you downloaded you would have seen the scrolls right in front of your eyes. I don't mind you posting your errors but I would ask that you look into things a bit further before posting this.

Garrison

Wanderer
On a clean install of runuo, I followed your intructions and got:
(I didn't mess with the advanced files)

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (35 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\AngelicFaithScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9,
column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Cleri
cAngelicFaithScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\BanishEvilScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericB
anishEvilScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\DampenSpiritScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9,
column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Cleri
cDampenSpiritScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\DivineFocusScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Cleric
DivineFocusScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\HammerOfFaithScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9,
 column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Cler
icHammerOfFaithScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\PurgeScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, column
15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericPurgeS
croll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\RestorationScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Cleric
RestorationScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\SacredBoonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericS
acredBoonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\SacrificeScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, col
umn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericSa
crificeScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\SmiteScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, column
15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericSmiteS
croll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\TouchOfLifeScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, c
TouchOfLifeScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\TrialByFireScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, c
TrialByFireScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\FireBowScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, colum
n 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'RangerFire
BowScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\FlightOfThePheonixScroll.cs: CS0101: (li
ne 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for
'RangerFlightOfThePheonixScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\HuntersAimScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'RangerH
untersAimScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\IceBowScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, column
 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'RangerIceBo
wScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\LightningBowScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7,
column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Range
rLightningBowScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\NaturalHerbScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Ranger
NaturalHerbScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\NoxBowScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, column
 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'RangerNoxBo
wScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\RangerFamiliarScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Ran
gerFamiliarScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Ranger\Scrolls\SummonMountScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Ranger
SummonMountScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\BloodPactScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, col
umn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BloodPac
tScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\CurePoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'CurePoi
sonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\ExorcismScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, colu
mn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ExorcismS
croll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\GraveyardGatewayScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'G
raveyardGatewayScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\HordeMinionsEyesScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'H
ordeMinionsEyesScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\MisfitsOfMondainScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'M
isfitsOfMondainScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroMassCurseScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Nec
roMassCurseScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroPoisonFieldScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'N
ecroPoisonFieldScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroPoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'NecroP
oisonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\PoisonIvyPatchScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Poi
sonIvyPatchScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\PoisonMarkScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'PoisonM
arkScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\RevivalBySeanceScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Re
vivalBySeanceScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\TravelByPoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Tra
velByPoisonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\WallOfSpikesScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7,
column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'WallO
fSpikesScroll'

Removing the scroll folders for the classes gives me:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Central Memory\CentralMemory.cs: CS0246: (line 11, column 31)
The type or namespace name 'ACCSystem' could not be found (are you missing a usi
ng directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefInscription.cs: CS0234: (line 4, column 21) T
he type or namespace name 'FSB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server
.Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0234: (line 31, colu
mn 21) The type or namespace name 'FSB' does not exist in the class or namespace
 'Server.Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs: CS0234: (line 7, column 21) The type or namespace
 name 'FSB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Spells' (are you mi
ssing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\Spell.cs: CS0234: (line 8, column 21) The type or
namespace name 'FSB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Spells' (a
re you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\SpellHelper.cs: CS0234: (line 32, column 21) The t
ype or namespace name 'FSB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Spe
lls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

What am I doing wrong?

Garrison

First of all, you had duplicate files. Twice the amount of scrolls than you should have. Another thing is you need Alien's Completely Custom. When installing Completely Custom make sure that you only install ACC and Central Memory. Another is that you removed scripts. The scripts I have in the packages are not an option THEY ALL MUST BE INSTALLED. If you refuse to use all of them then you will have to figure out the edits to get it to run right, yourself.

Garrison

Wanderer
I did everything you said on the first post.
I did only remove the scrolls folders just to try, since that the error acused duplication. This happened with a clean install and following your instructions.
I did not install this ACC tho, so I will check it out :p

Edit: With the ACC files it gives the same error. I've put the ACC files and the Central Memory folder on the Scripts folder, this is right, right? :S

I have nothing duplicate. I just made a clean install again and it gives the same error. I simply copy paste the folders as you said, no chance for duplicates, unless I do have to remove some standard things which you don't mention on the instructions.. I dunno..

Edit2: Since I guess the scrolls folders shouldn't be removed the 'only' errors are the the first part of code I posted. I have no idea why it does this with no editing at all.

Top Dog

Wanderer
Excuse Me Lucid,

I have quick question if dont mind answering.

How do you get ride of the class menu at the begining when my players log-in to the shard.

An I cant wait until you get the chance to work up the update for the TOK and runebook seeing the TOK.

:cool:

Garrison

I did only remove the scrolls folders just to try, since that the error acused duplication. This happened with a clean install and following your instructions.
I did not install this ACC tho, so I will check it out :p

Edit: With the ACC files it gives the same error. I've put the ACC files and the Central Memory folder on the Scripts folder, this is right, right? :S

I have nothing duplicate. I just made a clean install again and it gives the same error. I simply copy paste the folders as you said, no chance for duplicates, unless I do have to remove some standard things which you don't mention on the instructions.. I dunno..

Edit2: Since I guess the scrolls folders shouldn't be removed the 'only' errors are the the first part of code I posted. I have no idea why it does this with no editing at all.
You have to install Alien's ACC AND Central Memory. And don't install his spell system otherwise there will be issues. And the Public Gates is optional.

Top Dog

Excuse Me Lucid,

I have quick question if dont mind answering.

How do you get ride of the class menu at the begining when my players log-in to the shard.

An I cant wait until you get the chance to work up the update for the TOK and runebook seeing the TOK.
Oh sry forgot about that. Will make a fix soon.

Garrison

Wanderer
Garrison said:
(you don't mention anything about the ACC files on your instructions in the first post)

Garrison said:
With the ACC files it gives the same error. I've put the ACC files and the Central Memory folder on the Scripts folder, this is right, right?
They are installed, the problem is something related with the scrolls..

Garrison

- Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Scrolls\SacredBoonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 9, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ClericS
acredBoonScroll'
These errors clearly state that you have duplicate files. If I were you I would look again and delete them.

Rift

Wanderer
MetallicSomber said:
*EDIT* the detect trap one was a pain in the rear to make. so it may have a few bugs yet. but how it SHOULD work is, when cast, any traps that are near the caster, are revealed (if hidden) and hued 1176 (had to change that I got custom hues on my shard) The effect lasts for a few seconds, and one by one the traps are returned to normal hue. This ALSO works on traped boxes. the drawback is, it will set their hue to 0 after the effect is over.
create another hashtable that stores the original hue and when it expires have it check the item in the new table for the hue and set accordingly then remove the item from the table

I would give ya example code but I have no clue what your current clue looks like but figure just give ya suggestion to think about
well I'll take a crack at what I'm thinking
Code:
public static Hashtable i_LastHue = new Hashtable();

private void Expire_Callback( object state )
		{
			Item i = (Item)state;

i.Hue = GetOldHue(i); //set hue on item when the timer expires	
			i_LastHue.Remove(i); // remove the item from the hashtable

FinishSequence();
		}

public static int GetOldHue( Item i )
		{
			try
			{
				return (int)i_LastHue[i]; // get the saved last hue
			} 
			catch
			{
				return 0; // fallback just in case 
			}
public override void OnCast()
		{      
// the code to get the traped items in ranged and other things ya doing
                       foreach ( trapped in area ) // just a guess at what ya doing
                            {  
                              i_LastHue[trapped] = trapped.hue;
                              }

this was just quickly thrown together just example not actual code

Garrison

Wanderer
Ok, thanks.
I searched the folders for duplicate files and by default you are providing those duplicates:

Lucid's AS [6].0.1g Pack 1 > Scripts > Spells > [class] > Scrolls
Lucid's AS [6].0.1g Pack 2 > Scripts > Items > Skill Items > Magical > Scrolls > [class]

In fact, it appears that the scrolls provided in Pack 1 are incomplete, as it lacks druid scrolls and others classes', but then again there are some scrolls that do not appear in Pack 2 (ranger scrolls).

After moving the missing ranger scrolls to the 'Skill Items > Magical > Scrolls' and removing the Pack 1 provided scroll duplicates, it appears to be working OK (it compiled and loaded up ok, but I have no time to play with it now :( )

You should clear your distro up for other newbies :S

Thanks for your help.

Garrison

Ok, thanks.
I searched the folders for duplicate files and by default you are providing those duplicates:

Lucid's AS [6].0.1g Pack 1 > Scripts > Spells > [class] > Scrolls
Lucid's AS [6].0.1g Pack 2 > Scripts > Items > Skill Items > Magical > Scrolls > [class]

In fact, it appears that the scrolls provided in Pack 1 are incomplete, as it lacks druid scrolls and others classes', but then again there are some scrolls that do not appear in Pack 2 (ranger scrolls).

After moving the missing ranger scrolls to the 'Skill Items > Magical > Scrolls' and removing the Pack 1 provided scroll duplicates, it appears to be working OK (it compiled and loaded up ok, but I have no time to play with it now :( )

You should clear your distro up for other newbies :S

Thanks for your help.
I'm one step ahead of you. It is already done. Unfortunately I have to place them in the proper folders for overwrites for newbs and mine is setup in my customs folder. So it gets confusing sometimes. Sry bout that.

From now on if yo use my packets and get errors don't try to remove anything just give me the report list. Thanks.

Attention:

~Update~
Restrictions.cs

Some people were complaining that the class gump pops up even when the class system is disabled. This should fix the issue. Sry it took so long but I have been working on multiple projects at once. I'm always overloading myself with work :) If there are issues after this update please let me know and I will look into it further. I am currently working on the Tome of Knowledge and hope to release that update soon.

Attachments

• Restrictions.cs
    20.5 KB · Views: 16