RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's All Spells System

Top Dog

Wanderer
New Spells

Hey Lucid,

The new Ranger Spell can noy be dropped into the Ranger Spell Book the only way to fill the book is to use the [AllSpells command. Oh also theirs no full ranger spell book like the others from the admins search menu. No big rush on this issue admin's can use [allspells command until you can get to this.

Thanks,
:cool:

sarbrek

Wanderer
Hey, i had the same problem Garrison with the duplicate scrolls, is there a way to set runuo to give me a error log so i can give it to you like you asked?
nm
~edit~ nm i figured a way to do it ~

also i was wondering why you use two parts. woudlnt it be simpler and safer to put everything in one zip?

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (14 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\BloodPactScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, col
umn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BloodPac
tScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\CurePoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'CurePoi
sonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\ExorcismScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, colu
mn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'ExorcismS
croll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\GraveyardGatewayScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'G
raveyardGatewayScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\HordeMinionsEyesScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'H
ordeMinionsEyesScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\MisfitsOfMondainScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'M
isfitsOfMondainScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroMassCurseScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Nec
roMassCurseScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroPoisonFieldScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'N
ecroPoisonFieldScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\NecroPoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, c
olumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'NecroP
oisonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\PoisonIvyPatchScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Poi
sonIvyPatchScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\PoisonMarkScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7, co
lumn 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'PoisonM
arkScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\RevivalBySeanceScroll.cs: CS0101: (line
7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Re
vivalBySeanceScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\TravelByPoisonScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7
, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Tra
velByPoisonScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Undead\Scrolls\WallOfSpikesScroll.cs: CS0101: (line 7,
column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'WallO
fSpikesScroll'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

if i take those dublicats out of the system, i get another error.
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\Restrictions.cs: CS0246: (line 68, column 14) The
type or namespace name 'ASSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)

sarbrek

Wanderer
o, that makes sense

but what about the

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\Restrictions.cs: CS0246: (line 68, column 14) The
type or namespace name 'ASSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)

error i got when i took the extra undead spells out.

sarbrek

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
...............here it is.
thank you very much, compiled no errors.

also I am unable to use the staff spells, it says (when i try and use the scrolls) low level staff and players are not allowed to have this spell, and i am the admin on the server. also with the staff spells, i am unable to drop scrolls into the book, and if i use allspells commant the book will say the spells are inside but i am unable to see them if i open the book

sarbrek

thank you very much, compiled no errors.

also I am unable to use the staff spells, it says (when i try and use the scrolls) low level staff and players are not allowed to have this spell, and i am the admin on the server. also with the staff spells, i am unable to drop scrolls into the book, and if i use allspells commant the book will say the spells are inside but i am unable to see them if i open the book
I found two problems with the ancient spells. I will be working on them 2day. I'm not sure when I will get done cause I have to leave soon. I have to take my second test for a job I've been trying to get. I did merge both packets and added the AS_Settings to it. Thanks for the report.

Ohhh and I removed the extra Undead Spells.

sarbrek

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
I found two problems with the ancient spells. I will be working on them 2day. I'm not sure when I will get done cause I have to leave soon. I have to take my second test for a job I've been trying to get. I did merge both packets and added the AS_Settings to it. Thanks for the report.

Ohhh and I removed the extra Undead Spells.

alright, ill keep testing the scripts for you if you want.

Also i was wondering about some of the stuff i found in teh scripts, some of the files mentioned somthing about bloodlines (or type i dont remeber wich as i am not at the pc with the server on it) and somthing about tribal in one of the character scripts. what are they for?

sarbrek

Also i was wondering about some of the stuff i found in teh scripts, some of the files mentioned somthing about bloodlines (or type i dont remeber wich as i am not at the pc with the server on it) and somthing about tribal in one of the character scripts. what are they for?
I was thinking of adding bloodtypes and tribes to the race system. I actually have a lot of it done, but not enough time to finish it.

sarbrek

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
I was thinking of adding bloodtypes and tribes to the race system. I actually have a lot of it done, but not enough time to finish it.

Cool. anyway i could get ahold of the scripts?, id love to see what they would do, and maybe help finish them. i dont know c# yet, and am currently learning c++ but im gona have a ton of free time on my hands for a whilem, so i could learn.

sarbrek

The scripts have been updated. Let me know if you find any other issues.

sarbrek

Wanderer
alright. i just downloaded the new pack, and installed it onto a test copy of my server. i got two errors. one i think cause my AS_setting.cs may be in a different place then yours, and one cause theres a duplicate scroll file

~edit~ i see a possible problem just looking at the error now (unless im mistaken DetetctTrapScroll has a misspelling in its name, could that have somthing to do with it?)

~edit2~ i fixed the problem, in the last release of the script the DetectTrapScroll filename was spelled diffrently, so i deleted the old one, and fixed the other problem

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Scrolls\Staff\DetetctTrapScroll.cs:
CS0101: (line 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a defi
nition for 'DetectTrapScroll'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS_Settings.cs: CS0101: (line 12, column 15) The n
amespace 'Server' already contains a definition for 'ASSettings'
[\code]

sarbrek

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Scrolls\Staff\DetetctTrapScroll.cs:
CS0101: (line 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a defi
nition for 'DetectTrapScroll'
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS_Settings.cs: CS0101: (line 12, column 15) The n
amespace 'Server' already contains a definition for 'ASSettings'
[\code]
[/quote]
Delete that scroll it is not spelled right. And youu have 2 AS_Settings delete one of them.

sarbrek

Wanderer
alright i got the server to start up correctly, the staff spells work for me, BUT they only work from scrolls, if i try to cast them from the spellbook it dose nothing

sarbrek

alright i got the server to start up correctly, the staff spells work for me, BUT they only work from scrolls, if i try to cast them from the spellbook it dose nothing
I haven't looked into that problem yet. I had to do a lot of editing to the scrolls and lil time 2day.

hey lucid just an idea or a thought when u go over the spells i think it would be a cool idea to make poison ivy patch look like the tree (druid just the oppisite with same duration ) maybe a start for evil druid lol, was not sure what u would think but anyway just food for thought

Angeline

Wanderer
Hello,

I have the Version version: ([6 .0.1 i)) and the same problem with cleric spell book, impossible to put it cleric's scrolls.

If you could fix it, I thank you for it beforehand :)

Angeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Nagual

Cool. anyway i could get ahold of the scripts?, id love to see what they would do, and maybe help finish them. i dont know c# yet, and am currently learning c++ but im gona have a ton of free time on my hands for a whilem, so i could learn.
I haven't made the modules for that, so it would be worthless at this point.
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I have the Version version: ([6 .0.1 i)) and the same problem with cleric spell book, impossible to put it cleric's scrolls.

If you could fix it, I thank you for it beforehand :)

Angeline.
OK thanks for the report. I will have to make new spellID numbers for them.

Donky-Bull

Wanderer
Hmm, I put everything I needed in...I think...yet I get these errors ( Same error for each spell so I will only show a few ):

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Fifth\Paralyze.cs: CS0234: (line 25, column 8) The type
 or namespace name 'AllSpells' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.
Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Fifth\PoisonField.cs: CS0234: (line 29, column 8) The t
ype or namespace name 'AllSpells' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Serv
er.Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Donky-Bull

Hmm, I put everything I needed in...I think...yet I get these errors ( Same error for each spell so I will only show a few ):

Code:
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Fifth\Paralyze.cs: CS0234: (line 25, column 8) The type or namespace name 'AllSpells' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?) - Error: Scripts\Spells\Fifth\PoisonField.cs: CS0234: (line 29, column 8) The type or namespace name 'AllSpells' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Spells' (are you missing an assembly reference?)Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found. - Press return to exit, or R to try again.​