RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

flowerbudd

Sorceror
ok.. update on both problems
apparently last night a gm tried to [remove a spawner gem and it crashed the shard, i had this happen to me yesterday also.

now on the other problem, adding the staff to the system, how do i do that exactly, i downloaded that master control.cs you added yesterday and added it in, and now after i added my staff, i set one to admin, i want him to be able to type [megaspawner and be able to view spawners added and add his own, but he gets the msg not authorized

Morxeton

Sorceror
I will look further into the delete protection problem. As for adding staff into the system, it's fairly easy. Find out what their account username is for logging onto your shard. Go to accounts management and choose to "add account." Type in that account name into the text entry box. Click the access level you wish him to have. There are optional checkboxes to click if you wish him to access certain menus from the admin menu. Click "Submit Account" and that should be it. If you type in an account that does not exist (say you typo'd for instance) then it will not let you submit the account. This should resolve your issue. If it still does not work, let me know if his account username has weird characters in it, capitalization, numbers, etc... Maybe that is the reason why it is not working correctly...

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Ok, thats how ive done it, i go to acct management, i click add account
i type DarkStorms exactly like he has it in my runuo admin window, (acct name)
i click admin for level, and ive tried having access to system config and accts checked and unchecked, i hit submit acct, and every time he tries to type[megaspawner, it tells him he isnt authorized

edit and update, he just typed [add megaspawner, and dbl clicked it to add something on it, and it crashed shard, ill have to go to my moms where i host at to see what report was, but like ive found touching the gems themself at all is bad bad bad

Morxeton

Sorceror
flowerbudd said:
Ok, thats how ive done it, i go to acct management, i click add account
i type DarkStorms exactly like he has it in my runuo admin window, (acct name)
i click admin for level, and ive tried having access to system config and accts checked and unchecked, i hit submit acct, and every time he tries to type[megaspawner, it tells him he isnt authorized

edit and update, he just typed [add megaspawner, and dbl clicked it to add something on it, and it crashed shard, ill have to go to my moms where i host at to see what report was, but like ive found touching the gems themself at all is bad bad bad
Hmm... This is strange. I just added an account with that exact name and capitalization and it worked fine for me. I will try to figure something out. In the meantime, edit the "default user" account and change the access to "admin" for now. All that means, is anyone that does not have an account in the system will fall under that "default user" account. It does not mean players can access the system. Only GM's and above has access to the [MegaSpawner command, but whether or not they can log into the system is based on the account system...

As for editting the gem's individually... I'll need to see that crash report if possible. I'll look into it too. :) Thanks for the bug reports.

Morxeton

Sorceror
flowerbudd, if you could please give me more information leading up to the crashings it would be very helpful. Explanation of exactly who was doing and what they were doing. Like, they [add megaspawner, double click, add entry, then I need details on what they added and when it crashed. This would help me solve the problems a lot faster. I have attempted to crash it myself, and it is not crashing.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/17/2004 1:50:54 PM
Mobiles: 19596
Items: 91628
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 12.215.183.215: (account = maeve) (mobile = 0x2 'Maeve')
+ 67.8.130.25: (account = DarkStorms) (mobile = 0x50E5 'DarkStorms')

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.ConfirmDeleteSpawnerGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

XaNdEr_X

Wanderer
I'm trying to instal the v3 but i have an error it is not a script error but it simple don't open the shard, affter loading the world it crashes.. i've used the v2 and deleted the older files that i knew the name...

i know the problem is with the spawner because when i delete the folder of the v3 .. the server loads normaly

Morxeton

Sorceror
XaNdEr_X said:
I'm trying to instal the v3 but i have an error it is not a script error but it simple don't open the shard, affter loading the world it crashes.. i've used the v2 and deleted the older files that i knew the name...

i know the problem is with the spawner because when i delete the folder of the v3 .. the server loads normaly

The server loads fine but crashes afterwards? Can you post a crashlog please? I'll look into it right away.

Morxeton

Sorceror
IMPORTANT:
Do not convert any distro spawners to Mega Spawners in v3.0 through v3.02. Also do not use the setting "Override Individual Entries." There is a bug that will cause your spawners to become serialized incorrectly. I attempted to use a different method for handling "Override Individual Entries" and realized it was not the right route to go and fell back to my previous method. The problem is, I forgot to uncomment some lines in the deserialization/serialization methods that will cause any spawner that is "Overridden" to delete upon server restart. This is already fixed in the next version, in which I am releasing shortly.

Thanks

sunfishdog

Wanderer
this is odd.....i had an older version of this so i downloaded the new one, deleted the old one from my custom scripts folder and put the new one in and now when i try and start my server it doesnt load all the way. It compiles all the scripts just fine and when it should show my ip and everything it doesnt, it just sits there. But when i take the megaspawner folder outta my scripts folder it loads just fine. Can someone help??

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
this is odd.....i had an older version of this so i downloaded the new one, deleted the old one from my custom scripts folder and put the new one in and now when i try and start my server it doesnt load all the way. It compiles all the scripts just fine and when it should show my ip and everything it doesnt, it just sits there. But when i take the megaspawner folder outta my scripts folder it loads just fine. Can someone help??
I'll check it out ASAP.

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
Problem solved. Was an issue in mastercontrol. Thanks for the bug report.

sunfishdog

Wanderer
i set a few spawners and a few mins later the server crashed.

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 3/18/2004 12:44:55 AM
Mobiles: 1416
Items: 45464
Clients:

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.CheckEntries()
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.TimerTick(Int32 delay)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawnerTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
i set a few spawners and a few mins later the server crashed.

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 3/18/2004 12:44:55 AM
Mobiles: 1416
Items: 45464
Clients:

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.CheckEntries()
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.TimerTick(Int32 delay)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawnerTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
Can you give me detailed information on what entries you added and what criteria? I'll look into this right away.

sunfishdog

Wanderer
I was added about 6 or 7 vampire bat spawns, and Dracula (can be found in the mobiles script submission). I set them spawn range 2, walk 15.

Does that help?

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
I was added about 6 or 7 vampire bat spawns, and Dracula (can be found in the mobiles script submission). I set them spawn range 2, walk 15.

Does that help?
Ok, to clarify. You added a Mega Spawner then:
add entry "vampire bat"
-amount 6 or 7
-spawn range 2
-walk range 15
-no other settings touched?

add entry "dracula"
-amount 1?
-spawn range 2
-walk range 15
-no other settings touched?

I will see if I can duplicate the crash then work on a fix. Thanks for the bug report and anymore information you can gather is much appreciated.

Also, have you tested using other entry types? Like, try it with "orc" "ratman" etc... and see if it crashes that way.