RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

Morxeton

Sorceror
Tarkan said:
Just a quick question (well a couple of them):
How would this make my life easier when adding spawner?
How would it affect current spawners?
I'm new at this, and am no C# genius...thanks
Basically Ramacide explained it :) This will not affect any of your current spawners unless you choose to convert them. The gumps make everything easier, so you can add everything via the gumps and configure them. There is no need to use [add and [props commands.

Ramacide said:
** Didn't say this before, but thank you for this great script. :)

tobagin said:
how can I go from XMLSpawner to MegaSpawner?
Currently Mega Spawner does not support converting of XmlSpawner to Mega Spawner yet. This support will be added in upcoming releases along with a mess of new features :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
I figured I will post the TODO list so you guys can see whats in store for the future of the Mega Spawner System:

-Despawn minimum and maximum delay's will be added to allow you to despawn spawned entries after a random despawn delay has been chosen. You will be able to toggle this option on or off.
-Spawn and despawn effects and sounds will be added. You will be able to specify visual effects and sounds for when your entries spawn and despawn.
-Support for Outkast's race system will be added. You will be able to set up a spawner to trigger when a player is a certain race and comes within the event range of the spawner.
-Group editor will be added. This will allow you to edit/create spawn groups in which you can select to be an entry type. Say you create group #1, called it "Orc Group 1", and consists of "orc" "orcishmage" "orcishlord" "orcscout" etc... then when you select "Add Entry" you may select this group instead of just selecting one entry in particular to spawn. When a group is selected, it will choose to randomly spawn from the group until the amount is reached.
-"Ambush In Retaliation" will be added. When this option is turned on, if you attack a spawned entry, all other spawned entries from that entry type will attack the first person who attacked one of theirs.
-Support will be added for "naming" entries on the spawner. Say you add an "orc" entry then another "orc" entry with different criteria. You will be able to name the entries to distinguish them.
-More timer options will be added to manage the spawn timers.
-Modifying of properties support will be added. You will be able to modify props of spawned mobs/items. The props system will be handled externally using the [props command on a mob/item, then targetting that mob/item to store as a template for the system to use.
-Sequential spawn support will be added. This will allow you to configure the spawner to spawn an entry, then after that entry is killed, another entry will spawn.
-Outside event calls support will be added. This will allow you to configure entries to wait for an outside event call before triggering the spawn. This outside event call will be accessed via a command and also can be accessed via script.
-Event decoration support will be added. Basically, this will be ideal for events that you want to decorate/undecorate for. You will be able to decorate an area then use a bounding box to add all the decor to the spawner. All of the decor's locations and facing directions, etc... will be saved and when spawned by the spawner, will be exactly how you placed it. This is perfect for when you want to run events and decorate real quick then undecorate after the event is over. You will be able to set up this to access via an outside event call or command.
-Quest Creation Kit will be added (probably not any time soon) which will allow you to create and configure simple or in-depth quests.
-External triggering support will be added. I will modify some distro scripts, rename them, and add distribute them with the package. These scripts will consist of doors and other switches which will be modified to work with the system. You will be able to set up a door so when it is opened it will trigger a nearby spawner.
-Spawn types "Real Time" and "Game Time" will be changed from a "spawn type" to an option for the "spawn types." This will allow you to choose a spawn type of regular, proximity, or speech, and then you could select to only allow it to activate within real or game times specified.
-Advanced waypoint system will be added. This will allow you to configure multiple waypoints for each entry. The waypoints will be under the spawner's control and in the event the entry was deleted, it will remove the waypoints associated with the entry. If the spawner was deleted, it will remove all waypoints under that spawner's control.
-Save/Load file configuration options will be added. This will allow you to do extreme save/load which is how the current save/load routines work, or choose to use background saving instead. Background save/load will work by saving/loading one spawner every X amount of milliseconds. The default delay will be 30ms. You will be able to specify the delay. This will allow you to save/load spawner files without freezing your server in the process. It will take longer to save/load, but it's worth it if you do not want to freeze your server to save/load files. The save/load configurations will also pertain to the backup system.
-Viewing of spawned entries support will be added. This will allow you to view a list of entries that are spawned for an entry type you have selected. You wil be able to go to their location if you choose so. It will show you their name, type, location, facet, and if it's a mob it will show their HPs.
-Troubleshooting system will be added. This will allow you to troubleshoot any problems you have. It will have basic questions and answers. Also, an analyzing feature will be added to allow you to analyze possible problems.
-Bug report and suggestions system will be added. You will be able to compile a bug report within the system on the spot. This will allow you to either save the bug report or suggestion to a file, or there will be an option that you can select to e-mail me the bug report or suggestion.
-Debugging system will be added. This will allow to debug for possible spawner system problems.
-Dupe spawner feature will be configurable in system configuration. It will allow you to turn on or off the dupe spawner check.
-Support will be added for converting other spawner types to Mega Spawner.

...and more to be added.

I will add more to the list as I remember them. I have a 100kb text file that I use to make notes of what to fix/add to the spawner. I will go through the file and add more to this list. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, feel free to post them. Thanks :)

flowerbudd

Sorceror
running newest vers 3.25 i typed [megaspawner and went to search for an entry to add , i typed rock in bar and hit search and server crashed
Code:
Server Crash Report
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/22/2004 7:51:49 AM
Mobiles: 19944
Items: 96691
Clients:

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.EditSpawnGump.SubmitEntry(RelayInfo info, Boolean submit, Int32 command)
   at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.EditSpawnGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Morxeton

Sorceror
flowerbudd said:
running newest vers 3.25 i typed [megaspawner and went to search for an entry to add , i typed rock in bar and hit search and server crashed
Code:
Server Crash Report
Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 3/22/2004 7:51:49 AM
Mobiles: 19944
Items: 96691

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.EditSpawnGump.SubmitEntry(RelayInfo info, Boolean submit, Int32 command)
   at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.EditSpawnGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
I will look into this ASAP. Thanks for the bug report :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
I tried to reproduce the crash and it would not crash. I typed [MegaSpawner then I added a spawner, went to "Add Entry" and for entry type I typed rock and hit search and it said no search results found. Hmm...strange... I'll keep trying.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Admin_V said:
*anxiously waits for xmlspanwer support *
hehe doing a great job on this... keep it up
Thanks ;) ...I think due to the high demand of xmlspawner converting support, I may work on this next :)

lordjezroth

Wanderer
I converted all my spawners to mega spawners and now if i try to delete one it crashes my server , what could be wrong?

My crash log.

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerOverride.SpawnCounter(MegaSpawner megaSpawner, Object o)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerOverride.CheckEntries(MegaSpawner megaSpawner)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerOverride.TimerTick(MegaSpawner megaSpawner, Int32 delay)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.TimerTick(Int32 delay)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawnerTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

Morxeton

Sorceror
lordjezroth said:
I converted all my spawners to mega spawners and now if i try to delete one it crashes my server , what could be wrong?

My crash log.
I'll check it out right now. Thanks for the bug report.

Morxeton

Sorceror
lordjezroth, could you walk me through exactly what you have done? I tried converting some spawners to Mega Spawner then tried everything to get it to crash and failed. I noticed it's an arraylist issue with two arraylists not in sync with each other. I am not sure what's causing it exactly... I'm still working on this :)

DJ Teac

Wanderer
i just wantet to say.
This thing really rocks. :)

Thanx the time you spend with that, and please keep up the good work :):):)

lordjezroth

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
v3.26 released. Couple things updated.

Ok what i did was type [megaspawner , then i converted all my XML spawners into mega spawners. I went into the inn by the brit bank that hass all the NPCs behind the bar, and there is an XML spawner and a normal looking spawner that is converted also. I try to delete the normal spawner and bam your server has crashed.

Morxeton

Sorceror
lordjezroth said:
Ok what i did was type [megaspawner , then i converted all my XML spawners into mega spawners. I went into the inn by the brit bank that hass all the NPCs behind the bar, and there is an XML spawner and a normal looking spawner that is converted also. I try to delete the normal spawner and bam your server has crashed.
Do you mean distro spawners? Mega Spawner doesn't support XmlSpawner conversion yet. Was this with with default distro spawns? If you could do me a favor and after converting the spawners to Mega Spawner, go under the "File Menu" and choose "Save All Spawners" and type in a filename. It will save to directory "Data/Mega Spawner System/Spawner Exports" Could you PM me the export file so that I could analyze it? Thanks a lot :)

Artras

Wanderer
Just make 1 megaspawner next I export them and if i go to FIle Menu and Open FIle Browser load exported file and server crashes.

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 23.3.2004 г. 20:09:20
Mobiles: 32
Items: 50341
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 192.168.0.10: (account = Admin) (mobile = 0x1 'Admin')

Exception:
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportMegaSpawner(XmlElement node, String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportProcess(XmlElement spawners, String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportXml(String fileName, LoadType loadType)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.LoadFile(String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Artras said:
Just make 1 megaspawner next I export them and if i go to FIle Menu and Open FIle Browser load exported file and server crashes.

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 23.3.2004 г. 20:09:20
Mobiles: 32
Items: 50341
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 192.168.0.10: (account = Admin) (mobile = 0x1 'Admin')

Exception:
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportMegaSpawner(XmlElement node, String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportProcess(XmlElement spawners, String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.ImportXml(String fileName, LoadType loadType)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.LoadFile(String fileName)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.LoadFileGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

Could you e-mail me the exported file to [email protected]? I will take a look at this ASAP. Thanks for the bug report.

Artras

Wanderer
Sended. when i look that have and online support i go to irc.runuo.com. But there is no support Only one ban in chan #megaspawner :(