RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

Morxeton

Sorceror
Artras said:
Sended. when i look that have and online support i go to irc.runuo.com. But there is no support Only one ban in chan #megaspawner :(
My home computer is down right now, and I am at work. I usually leave IRC on and sit in that channel. A couple others are usually in that channel too, but during the day we're most likely not going to be there.

Sometime after I get home from work, I'll take a look at this. Thanks.

greymouser

Wanderer
bug and a question...

First the bug. I converted a standard spawner to a mega spawner which went fine, and it gave the mega spawner the "override individual entries" property which I understand would be correct for standard behavior. Now I go to the spawner and try to delete the override property. Property deletes just fine but when I hit the X button to exit it crashes the server. For me this has been 100% reproducable. Server crash reports --

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/24/2004 4:27:58 PM
Mobiles: 24796
Items: 136274
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = testusr) (mobile = 0x1 'Pharsus')

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.CountEntries(Int32 index)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerEditGump.SetPage()
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerEditGump.AddPages()
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerEditGump..ctor(Mobile mobile, ArrayList argsList)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.SettingsGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

--------------------

Now for the question... Is there any way for the system to be able to import a spawn map file like the ones that come with nerun's distro?

Thanks for the great spawn system!

Morxeton

Sorceror
greymouser said:
First the bug. I converted a standard spawner to a mega spawner which went fine, and it gave the mega spawner the "override individual entries" property which I understand would be correct for standard behavior. Now I go to the spawner and try to delete the override property. Property deletes just fine but when I hit the X button to exit it crashes the server. For me this has been 100% reproducable. Server crash reports --

Now for the question... Is there any way for the system to be able to import a spawn map file like the ones that come with nerun's distro?

Thanks for the great spawn system!
I will look into this bug ASAP. *.map support will be added in eventually ;) I already planned that a while ago, but never implemented it yet. Thanks for the bug report and thanks for the comment. :)

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Code:
NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/25/2004 2:24:51 AM
Mobiles: 20456
Items: 102152
Clients:
- Count: 6
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.AddSpawnCount(Int32 index, Int32 j, String entryType)
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.SpawnCounter(Object o, Int32 index)
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.CheckEntries()
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.TimerTick(Int32 delay)
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawnerTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

I was not online so I have no idea what happened here

Morxeton

Sorceror
flowerbudd said:
Code:
NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/25/2004 2:24:51 AM
Mobiles: 20456
Items: 102152
Clients:
- Count: 6
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at Server.Items.MegaSpawner.AddSpawnCount(Int32 index, Int32 j, String entryType)
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

I was not online so I have no idea what happened here
I will check this out ASAP :) Thanks for the bug report.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I will be implementing a debug and tracker system. What it will do is track various things within the system. I plan on having it track all of the arraylists as they are being modified. It will timestamp everything, so as soon as something comes out of sync, I will know when and where. I will be able to pinpoint these problems with ease. Also, I will be implementing where if something comes out of sync, instead of crashing the server, it will just respawn the spawner that comes out of sync.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I apologize for the lack of updates for the past few days. I have recently upgraded my home computer, and I am having some difficulties. I will be releasing a new version within the next few days.

Ramacide

Sorceror
If you add new entry to spawner, leave it blank and hit page 2 the server crashes. :( Upon Restarting the server It had wiped all my previous spawns.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Post the crashlog. I'll look at it tomorrow when I get more time to work on it ;) Been busy with formatting/reinstalling my computer...

Ramacide

Sorceror
I am going to check, I think I may have reverted to a previous system. The same 1 I posted about the search crash. ** Yes, Thats what I have done. Sorry for the false bug report. Thats what I get for putting the script on the play server before updating my developement system. :eek:

Ramacide

Sorceror
OK, I got another crash, this time with updated system. I was trying to add item under edit settings.
Code:
Exception:
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

Morxeton

Sorceror
Could ya be a little more specific in what you were doing? :) Like, what entry type were you adding it to? What item were you adding? etc... Thanks :)

Whooper7777

Wanderer
Replacing older spawns?

i have maded spawns with nerun distro and no i wanna test this what i need to do, do i delete nerun distro files first?

Ramacide

Sorceror
I was attempting to set a chest with spawndrop of Blade of insanity, couldn't get it to work. When attempting to close the gumps It crashed.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ramacide said:
I was attempting to set a chest with spawndrop of Blade of insanity, couldn't get it to work. When attempting to close the gumps It crashed.
I have just tried this and it works fine. What's the crashlog you are getting?

Ramacide

Sorceror
I can not reproduce this, I tried several things and nada. I don't remember exactly what I done when it crashed. Sorry

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ramacide said:
I can not reproduce this, I tried several things and nada. I don't remember exactly what I done when it crashed. Sorry
Np :) I am working on implementing a debug system that will monitor all parallel arraylists and produce a report. It will also prevent the server from crashing. Instead, it will just respawn the spawner that gets desynched. The report produced will help me identify where the problem is, and therefore, I will be able to fix it a lot quicker. This debug option can be turned on/off in the system configuration.

Morxeton

Sorceror
v3.3 released. I finally figured out the bug which Ramacide and flowerbudd ran into. Other various updates as well. :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Whooper7777 said:
i have maded spawns with nerun distro and no i wanna test this what i need to do, do i delete nerun distro files first?
You don't have to delete nerun's distro. I believe his distro uses Ultimate Spawner, which basically is a front end for the distro spawner I think. If that is the case, then you can just convert your distro spawners to Mega Spawners using the conversion utility.

Igon

Wanderer
I am new to the Mega Spawner and so far, I really like it, but I am having trouble with spawning in a metal chest. It wont stop after reaching the Amount to Spawn.

Here are the details:
Spawning Greater Explosion Potion
Spawn Range = 1
Walk Range = 1
Amount to Spawn = 5
Min Delay = 0
Max Delay = 0
Stack Between 1 and 1

Activated is checked
Spawn in Group is not checked
Event Ambush is checked
Moveable is checked

Spawn Type is Regular
Event Range = 1

Any suggestions or is there a problem with spawning in a chest.