RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

sunfishdog

Wanderer
i added 6 or 7 different spawner in different places set to spawn just one vampire bat each. and yes only one dracula.

And btw a lil while ago i put the same spawners there and just unchecked the event ambush and item movable thing and the servers been up for a while now and its going ok. Still....i have no clue what caused the last crash.

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
i added 6 or 7 different spawner in different places set to spawn just one vampire bat each. and yes only one dracula.

And btw a lil while ago i put the same spawners there and just unchecked the event ambush and item movable thing and the servers been up for a while now and its going ok. Still....i have no clue what caused the last crash.
Ok... I'll try my best to dupe the crash and fix the problem. Thanks again for reporting the issue :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
v3.2 released. Several bugs squashed and couple things updated. This may have fixed previously posted crash bugs. Please post any bugs you may find with a crashlog (if it was a crash) and a description of what everyone was doing that was logged into the system. Thanks.

sunfishdog

Wanderer
Alrighty...me again....I set 4 different spawners each set to spawn 1 vampire bat spawn range 2, walk 15, and unchecked event ambush. After i set those i was running around for a while and started to look at all the stuff in the mega spawner. From the main menu i went to command page 5, then clicked file menu, command page 2, new spawner workspace, and then just right click in the center of the gump to close it and got this crash :

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/20/2004 3:50:32 AM
Mobiles: 1414
Items: 43764
Clients:
- Count: 1

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerGump.SaveCheckBoxes(RelayInfo info)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

So i got back on and tryed to dupe the crash just to make sure and it did the same thing.
I also placed a blank spawner and tryed with the gump again and it got the same crash as well. Not that i know what the spawner workpace thing does, i was just looking around

Morxeton

Sorceror
sunfishdog said:
Alrighty...me again....I set 4 different spawners each set to spawn 1 vampire bat spawn range 2, walk 15, and unchecked event ambush. After i set those i was running around for a while and started to look at all the stuff in the mega spawner. From the main menu i went to command page 5, then clicked file menu, command page 2, new spawner workspace, and then just right click in the center of the gump to close it and got this crash :

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/20/2004 3:50:32 AM
Mobiles: 1414
Items: 43764
Clients:
- Count: 1

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerGump.SaveCheckBoxes(RelayInfo info)
at Server.MegaSpawnerSystem.MegaSpawnerGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

So i got back on and tryed to dupe the crash just to make sure and it did the same thing.
I also placed a blank spawner and tryed with the gump again and it got the same crash as well. Not that i know what the spawner workpace thing does, i was just looking around
Thanks for the bug report. The system is so massive, it's hard to find all these bugs at once :) ... I'll work on this right away.

Morxeton

Sorceror
v3.21 released. Various bug fixes. Thank you everyone that has been reporting bugs and offering suggestions!

Admin_V

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
v3.22 released. Issue with deserialize which called for a sudden new release.

any chance of this converting any other spawners besides distro???
like xml, xml2 etc..

Morxeton

Sorceror
Yes, support will be added for converting other spawners as well as loading other spawners' export files into the system.

Ramacide

Sorceror
If you delete and entry or change an entry the Monsters Remain, then if you delete the spawner they are still wandering around instead of them being deleted with their linked spawner. **Edit** This is under Edit Entry, The Delete entry button there deletes the entries but not the monsters linked to it.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ramacide said:
If you delete and entry or change an entry the Monsters Remain, then if you delete the spawner they are still wandering around instead of them being deleted with their linked spawner. **Edit** This is under Edit Entry, The Delete entry button there deletes the entries but not the monsters linked to it.
I'll check this out. Thanks for the bug report.

Ramacide

Sorceror
If you are adding an entry, leave empty and hit search, it crashes the server. I did this by accident and it crashed it. ** 2nd time I had ant in the box and hit search, It still crashed.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ramacide said:
If you are adding an entry, leave empty and hit search, it crashes the server. I did this by accident and it crashed it. ** 2nd time I had ant in the box and hit search, It still crashed.
Will look into this immediately. Thanks again ;)

Morxeton

Sorceror
v3.24 released... Just one bug fix but since its a potential server crash bug, I wanted to release the fix immediately.

Tarkan

Wanderer
Mega Spawner vs RunUo [add spawn...

Just a quick question (well a couple of them):
How would this make my life easier when adding spawner?
How would it affect current spawners?
I'm new at this, and am no C# genius...thanks

Morxeton said:
Mega Spawner System v3.25
Released: March 21, 2004
IRC channel: #MegaSpawner on irc.runuo.com

TheOutkastDev is working on the "MyRunUO Spawner" project which is backed by the Mega Spawner System. With this project, you will be able to create spawners offline and import them into the Mega Spawner System. It will have an overhead map view like UOAM uses and will support all of the Mega Spawner System's features. Phantom has joined the crew and will be working on optimizing both "MyRunUO Spawner" and "Mega Spawner System" projects. Thanks guys. etc.... :D

Ramacide

Sorceror
It will not affect your previous spawns unless you convert them. Converting can be done with the access menu in it. It keeps track of your spawns which I like, you can set homerange/spawnrange, and you can control exactly how many spawn from 1 spawner. I.E. 10 gargoyle 20 fire gargoyle, 5 stone gargoyle. Instead of 3 different spawners or 1 spawner with a total of 35. You can set the home and spawn range seperate for all 3 of these as well. ** Didn't say this before, but thank you for this great script. :)