RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mondains Legacy beta client available at fileplanet

Mondains Legacy beta client available at fileplanet

http://www.fileplanet.com/155046/download/Ultima-Online:-Mondain's-Legacy-Beta

Surprised that no-one posted this yet. Anyway it gets recognized immediately by UOGateway and you can use the files to run the server with without any problem. The new art seems to be disabled in the house design, but everything works perfect if you add it manually.

Oh and the new clothing is horrible. Especially in 3D.

Phantom

Knight
Ankhesentapemkah said:
http://www.fileplanet.com/155046/download/Ultima-Online:-Mondain's-Legacy-Beta

Surprised that no-one posted this yet. Anyway it gets recognized immediately by UOGateway and you can use the files to run the server with without any problem. The new art seems to be disabled in the house design, but everything works perfect if you add it manually.

Oh and the new clothing is horrible. Especially in 3D.

The house art isn't disabled, you have to add the new code, basic explaination is no code no show.

Somebody post their fileplanet account, I hate that place...

MarciXs

Sorceror
geeze ( 765mb with my 12kb/s ... ) ;/ . ok i putted it for download .Thanks for information Ankhesentapemkah , Atleast i can download it now when the free member quene is not full.And i don't have to wait ...

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Managed to Enable Mondains Legacy on RunUO, those proficient with core modding, or scripting can add the Feature Flag 0x0080, and in the CharacterCreation Packet, Flag 0x100. This will allow you to create an Elf Character, however because the hair styles, colours, etc arent checked, they obviously dont work.

The Feature flag enables the ML features, the CharacterCreation flag allows you to create an elf character, however I did notice that Spellweaving is not a selectable skill still, if someone has a beta account, can you confirm that you are/arent able to select Spellweaving as a skill when creating a character. If nobody can confirm, I will when the next set of Beta Keys are released.

** Addition **
By enabling this you may also get unknown packets showing up in the RunUO packet log, the packet is 0xD7, which is meant to be an AOS Command of a sort, However by looking at some of the data I got out of the unknown packet, it seems to be more hardware information, slightly unusual, but will look into it more later.

I am going to work with ASayre tomorrow morning (for me at least) to try figure out how the client sends what race is selected (Elf or Human), as its not as obvious as it seems.

After that I start with Items and Creatures I guess.

LordHogFred

Knight
I should have fun playing about with this. I assume you can just use the client to log on to your normal client just to view new artowkr and mobiles?

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Items and possibly mobiles you should be able to install the ML client, logon to RunUO as per normal (Using UORice or Gateway [Not sure if it picks up in gateway, I used Rice]) and script the new items or mobiles using the information gathered from the likes of InsideUO/Tiledata viewer.

However for features, possibly mobiles, and some other stuff, You need to enable those two flags, I did it in the core, and I beleive thats the only way you can do the char-creation packet flag.

Enjoy.

LordHogFred

Knight
It's ok I'm not too interested in the character creation and stuff at the moment. What I am interested in is enabling the new map. Is it included with this beta client? And I assume I would have to anable flags in the core so that it recognised the new map as well.

From what I heard the map isn't a new mapfile, but instead the new areas are located at some unused part of one of the existing maps, my guess would be the Malas map, as they placed the SE Daimyo's house starter area on the Malas map too. Not located it yet though.

Can anyone post some modifield core files or a script to enable ML? I've got no tools for compiling a new source.

EDIT: FOUND SOMETHING!

Map Malas
Y 1947

And it looks ugly.

EDIT 2: Found something else:

Malas
y 1640

Edit 3: Not found the big elven city yet. Trammel Yew seems to be cleaned though, and there's nothing new added in the dungeon area north of the Lost Lands on the trammel map.

Starfire

Sorceror
spellweaving is not able to be chosen when making a char but you can set it on the test shard but just can't use it you have to learn recipes first..... the elven city is beneath yew so to speak that is were you gain access. no new land

MarciXs

Sorceror
Hmm it's great chance for Runuo devs to make runuo with UOML support(scripts,and basic things) at time when UOML will officialy come out ;) I think thats great :)
Thank you OSI

Well uhh yes that would be nice, the extra quivers and talismans would be very cool. I'm not too fond of the recipy system (WoW immitation, boo hiss!) and of course the avatar graphics are horrible. Extra house tiles are always welcome, as we can decide for ourselves if we want to use them.

However I'd really like to have working samurai and ninjitsu skills before we do any of that.

I don't think they will change much in the client when the real thing comes out, compared to the Beta client. After download it immediately gets a 25MB patch with extra new art. The real thing probably has this art already in it.

Just found this disturbing screenshot at stratics:

Properties of the new weapons you can buy ingame for 5.5 million gold. Looks like some unbalanced n00b pvp server to me.

The kryss is reported to swing at 1.25 sec delay at 35 dex.
The hat has the most resists of anything in game, and the highest Lower Mana Cost as well.
The shield has better mage properties then anything in existance.

MarciXs

Sorceror
hmm could you please put some screens of other things? I am quite interested ... just I will get my UOLM beta client after 11 hours due to my slow internet.