RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mondains Legacy beta client available at fileplanet

joshw

Sorceror
Just on a side note anyone who is using custom animation and using an older client you wont be able to see the ML animations without new client

joshw

Sorceror
lol that took me awhile im not using beta client im basically using uo gold with the anima files and other key files copied in the uo gold folder

Bmzx007

Wanderer
LordHogFred: Use UORice to decrypt the ML client, you can get the client from fileplanet (Mondains Legacy Beta), then just find a copy of UORice (Until UOG catches up) to decrypt it. However, to do this you must...

1. Change the client.exe and uotd.exe to something else on your existing UO install.
2. Copy the ML client and uotd in thier places
3. Rename client or uotd for temp purposes (UORice has a glitch where it decrypts them, then overwrites one with the other, so you can only do one at a time)
3. Run UORice
4. Put everything back, and place the new No_Crypt_Client.exe into your ML folder

** Note ** If you dont use UO3D, then just rename and copy the client, However before you run UORice, You still must rename uotd, otherwise it will overwrite the No_Crypt 2D Client.

If you can understand that, You'll be able to use the ML client with RunUO.

Thanks to some help (Asayre), I can now also determine a Characters race in RunUO, slowly pieceing it together :)

Seven

Sorceror
Is the download from the largedownloads.ea.com work? Just wondering if anyone has downloaded it and looked at it. I will check it out when I get home from watching the PROMO-EVENT of Wedding Crashers. (You have to love being staff @ a movie theater.)

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Starfire said:
spellweaving is not able to be chosen when making a char but you can set it on the test shard but just can't use it you have to learn recipes first..... the elven city is beneath yew so to speak that is were you gain access. no new land

That means its probably in the black void.

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Ankhesentapemkah said:
Just found this disturbing screenshot at stratics:

Properties of the new weapons you can buy ingame for 5.5 million gold. Looks like some unbalanced n00b pvp server to me.

The kryss is reported to swing at 1.25 sec delay at 35 dex.
The hat has the most resists of anything in game, and the highest Lower Mana Cost as well.
The shield has better mage properties then anything in existance.

:eek:

Please... God... Tell me those will not be sold... Do you know whats gunna happen with that kryss? People are going to drop thier dex to 40, set thier int to 115 and str to 100, then have 1 second delay krysses with 115+ mana. A.K.A.... 3 AIs in quick succession?

If that is what ML is going to be, I am going to find the ML distrubution servers, evacuate everyone from the building, then raze the building to the ground and spit on the ashes.

I have seen gimped shards with worse shit than that...

Drull

Wanderer
??? I dont get it. Who cares about ML, SE, AOS, PU, F33IU, DKIKN398CNNK, NOOOODKA, etc

Pre-ren 4 life, yo.

:)

Kwwres10 said:
:eek:

Please... God... Tell me those will not be sold... Do you know whats gunna happen with that kryss? People are going to drop thier dex to 40, set thier int to 115 and str to 100, then have 1 second delay krysses with 115+ mana. A.K.A.... 3 AIs in quick succession?

If that is what ML is going to be, I am going to find the ML distrubution servers, evacuate everyone from the building, then raze the building to the ground and spit on the ashes.

I have seen gimped shards with worse shit than that...
They excuse that by saying that someone with 40 dex can't heal with bandages very fast :rolleyes:

Like you need to heal at all with such an overpowered weapon :mad:

Plus mages/necros/paladins can use spells as perfect alternative! Every mage can now manadump and then run in swinging this thing to finish it off.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Personally I think Ultima Online won't live ( orginal one - OSI/EA ) too long if they will do more expansions like this.This seems scamp.When i looked at city it was horrible... the trees there don't seem that they blend in with usual 2d ultima online graphic(not olnly trees).Only thing they could do is to change all graphic then but dunno if they are going to do it... with one word say , I think soon Ultima Online will be left for freeshards :) (ofcourse if they don't change nothing but will going at this way)

kirax2

Wanderer
Ankhesentapemkah said:
Anyway it gets recognized immediately by UOGateway and you can use the files to run the server with without any problem.

When you say "it gets recognized by UO Gateway", do you mean that it gives you a drop down option for Mondain's Legacy in the Installed Clients list? Or did you use the files as patches? Or did you install right over UOSE? I ask because I've been having trouble getting it working, and I want to make sure I understand how it's *supposed* to be functioning before wasting any more time.

Thanks very much for your help!
-Janice
aka kirax2

I installed ML, then changed the directory to where I currently have AOS/SE installed in, and fired it up with RunUO and UO gateway without changing any settings, and it works exactly like SE except that there is more art. I run 3D by the way, but don't suppose 2D works any different.

Basically I'm running ML with standard AOS registry settings. Works fine for freeshards and OSI alike.

kirax2

Wanderer
Ankhesentapemkah said:
I installed ML, then changed the directory to where I currently have AOS/SE installed in, and fired it up with RunUO and UO gateway without changing any settings, and it works exactly like SE except that there is more art. I run 3D by the way, but don't suppose 2D works any different.

Basically I'm running ML with standard AOS registry settings. Works fine for freeshards and OSI alike.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. ^_^

So all you did was edit the registry, right? Changed the EXE path from Ultima Online Samurai Empire to Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy? Weird, when I do that UO Gateway tells me I have no UO clients installed on my computer - which is funny because, in fact, I have two. *laughs* Ah well, I'll play with it some more and see if I can get it to work. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

-Janice
aka kirax2

SiENcE

Sorceror
I put togehter some informations about ML and the new Map0.mul mapsize:

Britania (map0.mul)
-------------------
896x512

or mul. by 8 to get the right position

7168x4096

old size was (6144x4096)

new Map0:

I only found 6 new Dungeons (where are the last 3?) at map0.mul:

Positions of the Dungeon:
(click on the Dungeonnames to get a 1x2 view :)

Dungeon1
-----------
X1: 6141
Y1: 0
X2: 6401
Y2: 257

Dungeon2
--------
X1: 6448
Y1: 17
X2: 6656
Y2: 256

Dungeon3
--------
X1: 6198
Y1: 316
X2: 6563
Y2: 676

Dungeon4 (does not work at the moment with our Maprenderer)
--------
X1: 6907
Y1: 253
X2: 7166
Y2: 512

Dungeon5
--------
X1: 6243
Y1: 846
X2: 6315
Y2: 919

Dungeon6
--------
X1: 6446
Y1: 814
X2: 6596
Y2: 974

Dungeon1 with our Iris 3D-Client:

the other maps i dont have checked yet...

SiENcE^Iris 3D-Client Team

Wow

Damn good Work :D With guys like you working on this thing were all set. This is the fastest I have seen anyone post about UOML. I have been working on getting it set up to run on My server just for fun. To see how many bugs they got this time:) :)

Bmzx007

Wanderer
All the info Ive had since a few days after the ML beta went open. I havent got a SpyUO for the latest client yet (Havent had time, and it takes time), use the block sizes for InsideUO (Map Related).

Mondain's Legacy Beta Client Information
----------------------------------------

SpyUO Clients.cfg Addresses
42CC43E0: "4.0.11a 2D" 41A430 5 7 41A560 7 6 ; (4.0.11a4) Tested by Belzemus 14/07/2005

Feature Packet
Flags 0x0080

Character Creation Packet
Flags 0x0100

Race stored within Gender
0: Male
1: Female
2: Elf Male
3: Elf Female

RunUO reads Gender as a boolean, so it needs to be changed to read as a byte.
What I did tempoarily, is have a boolean called female, and integer called gender, read the byte in, if the gender is 0 or 2, female is false, else its true. This makes sure gender is collected, but doesnt break anything, to read races properly work on the CreateCharacter/EventArgs will have to be done.

Map0.mul Size
Width: 7168 (896 blocks)
Height: 4096 (512 blocks)

Irian

Page
Bmzx007 said:
RunUO reads Gender as a boolean, so it needs to be changed to read as a byte.
What I did tempoarily, is have a boolean called female, and integer called gender, read the byte in, if the gender is 0 or 2, female is false, else its true. This makes sure gender is collected, but doesnt break anything, to read races properly work on the CreateCharacter/EventArgs will have to be done.

Changing this is simple (and works), but it seems, it also works without changing it. Tried creating a char with ML and an unmodified version of RunUO and there were no problems. (Elfs are not supported, yet, of course).