RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mondains Legacy beta client available at fileplanet

kirax2

Wanderer
Malveous said:
YaY! Thanks alot!

mmmh, this is gonna be long....

Any of you know if there is already an existing toolbox.xml?

I've looked on orb website and couldn't find anything

The newest release of UOArchitect (2.6, I think) should have a toolbox with items updated through Samurai Empire. It comes with the program.

Good luck!
-Janice
aka kirax2

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Malveous: UORice cannot detect the ML folder yet, your trick of renaming the folder is what is making it work. Another tactic is to backup the client executables and swap them around.

Home Wrecker: If you are a capable coder, you can get the animations working. Items can be done very easily, animations take a little more work. As for any extra ML features (Elf, etc) the ML features need to be enabled first, which is a core modification.

Home Wrecker

Wanderer
i can get the items working , dunno how to enable the elf stuff, and cant figure out how to get the animations working i try to change the body to the # that inside uo gives me and it looks like a skele.. guess i'll have to keep trying or wait for some one else to do it and post them lol

Malveous

Wanderer
check this thread. It's apparently not possible to get the elves working for now unless youre an experienced coder.

Bmzx007

Wanderer
You dont have to be super-experienced, but you have to be comfortable with how packets are read, how constructors work, and modifying the core.

If you arent comfortable with those three things, then you are best off leaving it until the RunUO official release with ML support. However if you are keep on trying, In the core, go into the Network folder, then into the PacketHandlers.cs file. Goto the place where the CreateCharacter packet is read, and work from there. Basicly the female bool, has be read as a byte instead, then you have to change all the constructors and such to accept the new int version of gender, over the boolean.

You will also have to go through and modify all male/female checks, as most of them probably just check the boolean.

Alternatively, you could read it as a byte, check if its 0 or 2 (Male Hum/Elf) and set female to false, and if its 1 or 3 (Female Hum/Elf) set it to true, then just pass a new integer with the gender through and use it where appropriate. This would be less work than reworking all male/female checks.