RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MulEditor

djkillerbee

Wanderer
Will this work if i freeze the world
and make a patch of the mapfiles of all the static froze in the mapfiles to add them to a rar or zip so my players can download it?

LightShade

Sorceror
Adding Hue Property to Terrain Tiles?

What would I need to do so that terrain tiles, such as rocks, grass, water, etc...had a "hue" property associated with them that could be set? Is this possible? It'd be nice to be able to have different colored mountain ranges, grass, water, etc without having to have custom artwork for all of it. Can it be done?

Sythen

Sorceror
Some Possible Suggestions??

What would I need to do so that terrain tiles, such as rocks, grass, water, etc...had a "hue" property associated with them that could be set?

> You could manually (tile by tile) build your mountain range and grassy
plains, thereby just rehuing each tile individually. :eek:

> I'm not sure if its possible :confused:, but its definately an idea to play
with: You could create scripts for each tile that you want to place and add
custom hues built into the script so you don't have to keep huing
everything. ;)

These two ways are time consuming and rather boring tasks. :rolleyes:

OR

> You could draw custom tile artwork for each terrain and use a map editing
program like worldforge to put them into the game that way. (this is the
route I would take because it will probably be a lot quicker in the end).:D

floppydisc

Sorceror
There is really no other way than adding colored terrain tiles to art.mul. Map0.mul does only contain information about the TileID and the Z value.

whitey83

Wanderer
hmm hopefully this is still checked, I'm beating my head against the wall here :p

I don't want to go thru the shard and [unfreeze a bunch of stuff to delete it after I spent the time in muleditor removing the tiles from there and saving them

Now here's the problem. The changes show up on my PC, with the files I editted in Muleditor (map2, the ilshenar map). Now, I try sending the appropriate files to another staff member on the shard, so I can show off my work... but he can't see the changes... he sees the few changes in the land tiles, but not the buildings I removed ect.

The files I sent are map2.mul, statics2.mul, and staidx2.mul

Did I do something wrong here, are there additional files that need to be sent?

Z3r0

Sorceror
floppydisc;708061 said:
It should be 16bit (1A5R5G5B if I remember correctly).

I tried that. Didn't work for me.

I still ended up with this "Stream" error.

I think I figured it out:

Open your .bmp in paint and save it as either 16 colour BMP or 256 colour BMP and you should be able to load the BMP into your gumpart.mul.

SiENcE

Sorceror
LightShade: you also have to modify the textures.mul if you wanna color the terrain. because only non stretched groundtiles are used from art.mul. stretched are taken from textures.mul

S.Dark;753863 said:
Hello, I am Brazilian and I am using google to translate, then I am sorry to flaws in English, I hope we understand!

I wonder if the program MulEditor0-6 I can edit in verdata trees on the game, I game on a server that runs on POL, ex: I have the trees sumirem remain in place and a drawing of a red square, it would have how to do this with MulEditor0-6 or with any other program?

I thank those who help,
Thank you!

You should take the verdata and open it with mulpatcher. (I say mupatcher because I am familiar with this tools method for converting verdata to mul)

What you want to do is take all of the changes contained in the verdata and convert it to a normal mul addition. Mulpatcher will let you take objects from verdata and move it directly into the mul files.

To patch only the changes you made in your mul files to players you will need to use other tools and go through other processes which I will not explain here because I cannot remember exactly how it is done without going back and looking. But once you have your verdata converted over to normal muls and a way to patch only the changes to players you will be all set.

This is far better than trying to use an old format like verdata since nothing really supports it fully now.

Custom Floor Tiles.

Ok I have a question for everyone who knows how to use this program better than I do.

I have added custom floor tiles and set them as background, surface and weight 255. I have also added the floors to the runuo scripts as base floor. Also I have included them in the floor.txt file to be added into the housebuilder gump (which works fine). But when they are added into the world they show up on main UO screen just fine but will not show up on the radar map, even when frozen. They just show up as black squares. Is there anyway to make them show up on the radar as do the original tiles do? Am I missing something or is it even possible?

HellRazor

Knight
I'm not positive but you may need to associate the new tile with a color in radarcol.mul. (I know you do for terrain, but I didn't think you needed to for new tiles - but its the only thing I can think of that would cause that problem).

This program is supposed to let you do that, it is untested by me but its the only program I know of that allows editing of radarcol.mul.

Attachments

• RadarEdit.zip
    249.7 KB · Views: 28
HellRazor;754431 said:
I'm not positive but you may need to associate the new tile with a color in radarcol.mul. (I know you do for terrain, but I didn't think you needed to for new tiles - but its the only thing I can think of that would cause that problem).

This program is supposed to let you do that, it is untested by me but its the only program I know of that allows editing of radarcol.mul.

I knew I was forgetting something. I completely forgot about Radar Edit. Thanks so much.

anyone know if there is a way to edit skills.mul with this utility.. I've been trying to figure it out but haven't been able to make any progress as yet.

If not with this utility, any others that might work? I saw a post where someone had made a small utility especially for that purpose but the links were broken in that one.

HellRazor

Knight
Not sure if MULEditor supports skills, but if not, try one of these.

But keep in mind (unless something has changed in the client recently) that you can only change existing skills, not add new ones. The reason is that the total number of skills is hardcoded in the client and it won't read any more than that number.

Attachments

• UO Skill Creator.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 30
  • skills-win32-R1.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 28
thanks :) I am basically just renaming some of the like bushido etc, and giving them new spells to fit with the theme I want for my world. I think I've got it down, or pretty close, on server side so I just need to try and change the client names

I had found a version of skill creator but it didn't seem to create a well formed skills.mul. hopefully the other one will work. I tried opening skills.mul in muleditor but it gave some kind of overflow error. I really haven't put in enough time to figure out the editor yet though.

fangedwolf

Wanderer
verdata merger

I am having a problem with the verdata merger in Muleditor.

Basically I am building a shard that uses basic ML, however, in order to have the neat new graphics and items from later version, i thought myself very clever and downloaded the newest version, got the data needed with Muleditor and saved it so I could merge it to the existing verdata I have with custom artwork etc on it to save time instead of having to save all the data and images onto my computer and do it all manually (more so than this).

However things did not go according to plan.

custom deco mul file = 1.10mb
new uo deco mul file = 3.45mb
Merged file of the above two = 359mb!

Clearly something has gone awry. Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just because I mixed and matched between UO versions?