RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MulEditor

When i go to edit map0.mul with statics0.mul and staidx0.mul, i get an error saying "The specified files do not match the specified map size", is this just the new patched maps? (anyone have the maps from a recent version?)

floppydisc

Sorceror
There is a combo box where you can select the map size. I guess you wan't the ML map sizes instead of the Pre-ML ones.

s20dan

Wanderer
This Editor sounds fantastic... cant get it to work though :( everytime i load i get the message cannot open TexMaps.mul (Access Denied).... any ideas?

BaronVallyr

Wanderer
Editor is amazingly good, multi-faceted and extremely function! Kudos. I have never seen a better tool.

"doing such large-scale work is more or less impossible at the moment (I optimized the memory management for smaller areas). Every changed block is loaded into memory. So changing something on the whole map, would mean that the map needs to be loaded to memory *completely* and that would take ages and consume a lot of memory

Before I can do a "standalone" radar, I will have to find a way to get better performance out of it ... currently it's quite slow (as you have probably noticed ). I think easiest way is to use the F-keys ... with F3 you switch to the radar, with a right click on the radar you move the center and with a left click you jump to the location."

This probably already answers my questions, but Ill ask just to be on the safe side.

A. Would this explain why I can not select large blocks and or the whole map in one sweep with Shift+LClick(Primarily for large fill operations)?

Seems to only allow me to select an AxA sized block at a time(Though I can Continue to expand this area by repeatedly Shift Selecting AxA increments near the boundaries of the current selection--though that is pretty tedious for maps on my scale)

B. Any chance of implementing a method to edit/select/ and preform fill operations straight from the radar? That would be supremely useful.

Re: "This Editor sounds fantastic... cant get it to work though everytime i load i get the message cannot open TexMaps.mul (Access Denied).... any ideas?" Your TexMaps Mul is not currently in use by an instance of another program like say UO is it? If so close all instances of other programs using this file(if you intend to edit it), if you only wish to view it(and/or need to keep other programs running) try using the readme only mode :)

Is this tool still being supported? I had to ask because I saw it a while back and it looked great then. I havent kept up to date on things though lol

Manu

Knight
Is there any way of large scale map editing? The limit to the size of the window makes it pretty hard to paint large areas...

bb365

Wanderer
After reading all posts I have gathered that switching from the felucia map to trammel has something to do with the diff files but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. Can anyone explain how to get the trammel map loaded?

basicaly to get the tram map loaded with its diff file - need to find all of the map 0 files & the map 1 files - make a back up of them 1st !!!!!!!
then rename map 0 one to map x for now - then rename map 1 files to map 0 files, then rename map x files to map 1 files

you have now basicaly switch tram & fel maps around
now you can edit the diff file

then when down - do the reverse for the renaming back

pain in the rump - but it does work - sometimes ;)

floppydisc

Sorceror
It's not nearly as complicated ;)
Simply load map0.mul so you have felucca. Then choose File --> Load diff files and select the directory where your mapdif*1.mul and stadif*1.mul files are located and enter the index "1" in the according field. Don't forget to select both options, "Stadif" and "Mapdif" and set the directory and index for both.
If you want to save your work, be sure to hit "save to diff files" instead of just "save".
"Save" would write the changes to the map files (map*.mul, statics*.mul, etc.) which in this case would
overwrite felucca.

bb365

Wanderer
Ah, Thank you very much. Very easy once explained, I would have fumbled around forever before figuring that out. I love the tool +++karma to you.

timothyisreal

Sorceror
having a problem

ok im sure im just missing a step i added 2 diff art bmp's to the static art. they are both there i can see them but when i try to add them in game, it just says 1 object generated but nothing shows up?

Alchemyst

Sorceror
Just a Quick Question,

I have the Newest Edition, as I try to load any of the maps, It says that Access is denied and it can't open them. Im using 9th Ann., and I have no other programs running besides the Internet Explorer.

I know I probably did something wrong, but I was curious to find the answer, Thanks in Advance.

Oh, btw, before i got 9th in, it worked and it looks awesome, keep up the great work!

floppydisc

Sorceror
Version 0.6.8

I just released Version 0.6.8 of MulEditor.
Here is the changelog:
  • Fixed an error when cancelling the file dialog in the Open-Map dialog
  • Added a more precise tile selection to the map editor (it is now pixel-wise)
  • Added Copy & Paste for statics to the map editor.
These are not much but I think important changes. Just grab the 0.6 installer as linked in the first post.

Have fun building your maps! :)

Streamz

Wanderer
Hi all.

I use "MulEditor", i save to bmp the gump 10F (gump to see the title "Ultima Online: Mondais legacy"), i edit with photoshop, and save with the same name... but the editor not read my custom bmp!!

What details in pixels needes to works?

(Sorry for my bad enlgish)

Regards