RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MulEditor

floppydisc

Sorceror
goldiron;626271 said:
i did this, but what would i set the propertys to?

You don't have to use the verdata. As stated on the first post, the editor is also able to directly edit the files. But to answer your question: that depends on what you want ;-)
The best is you take a look at existing tiledata entries to understand what OSI used.

neizarr

Wanderer
I love the fact that you are keeping verdata.mul around to use to patch OSI files. It was always a good idea for how to patch.

My question is related to animations though. I realize you don't yet support animations, but I have added some into my verdata.mul file via other tools (Michealangelo & Mulpatcher). I assume your program will add/edit those verdata entries which are non-animations. Will the autopatcher program that makes the verdata.mul into a .exe that patches the OSI files work with animation patches though too? Ie, if I use your program on a verdata.mul file that already has various patches(including animations) and use the autopatcher on that verdata.mul, will the patcher put in the animation patches even though your program has no way to edit/add/delete them?

It would be great if you could get animations put in btw. :) It's the only thing I plan to still use other programs for, and animations are such a mess when working with ancient tools like michelangelo.

Good job on the program! :)

Oh, just on a side note since you know alot about these things probably in general. You know how there are these texture spots in the static art file? Ie, 0x34d9 is one of a bunch of them. Does the client actually need that piece of art there? Or is that just junk from and old way of handling textures? I ask because I know OSI has a textures file seperate, and it has those texture tiles and far more, so if you needed one in the static art file, you should have lots more than just the ones that are present(I think?). So I am thinking these are old carryovers from when they perhaps used to put the texture tiles into the static art files, but the client likely doesn't use those tiles anymore for that. I ask because I am tight on empty space in my art files and would like to use those spots for some new art. If they are being actually being used though, then I obviously would be ill advised to do so. Otherwise, if they aren't, they're just as useless as static tiles as anything else.

Also, does anyone notice how much duplication of tiles OSI is doing lately? Nearly all the roof tiles are two versions now. Is this for the custom housing builder? Does RunUO's custom housing need to use these tiles? I would love to toss all the duplicate tiles out the window since they are a huge waste of space for our purposes, though I would like to keep custom housing too. If we don't have to use these duplicates then I would prefer not to of course. I think OSI does them as duplicates mostly because their servers require every item be differently ID'd, and there are probably subtle differences betwen the two to the server that force them to use duplicate art. But we obviously don't need to have duplicate art for RunUO, since various items can use the same art tile. So anyone know if it is 'safe' to just overwrite these tiles to get more space for actual custom art?

floppydisc

Sorceror
My question is related to animations though. I realize you don't yet support animations, but I have added some into my verdata.mul file via other tools (Michealangelo & Mulpatcher). I assume your program will add/edit those verdata entries which are non-animations. Will the autopatcher program that makes the verdata.mul into a .exe that patches the OSI files work with animation patches though too? Ie, if I use your program on a verdata.mul file that already has various patches(including animations) and use the autopatcher on that verdata.mul, will the patcher put in the animation patches even though your program has no way to edit/add/delete them?
Unfortunately, if you edit a verdata via the verdata editor, it ignores unknown entries during the loading process. So for example animations get lost. But the patch creator and also the verdata merger are not tied to that. If you use both from the Tools --> Verdata --> "Create Patcher"/"Merge Verdata" menu, it will not modify the source verdata in any way. So the patcher will also patch anim0.mul for you, even if the verdata editor and muleditor as a whole is unable to use anims :)

Good job on the program! :)

Oh, just on a side note since you know alot about these things probably in general. You know how there are these texture spots in the static art file? Ie, 0x34d9 is one of a bunch of them. Does the client actually need that piece of art there? Or is that just junk from and old way of handling textures? I ask because I know OSI has a textures file seperate, and it has those texture tiles and far more, so if you needed one in the static art file, you should have lots more than just the ones that are present(I think?). So I am thinking these are old carryovers from when they perhaps used to put the texture tiles into the static art files, but the client likely doesn't use those tiles anymore for that. I ask because I am tight on empty space in my art files and would like to use those spots for some new art. If they are being actually being used though, then I obviously would be ill advised to do so. Otherwise, if they aren't, they're just as useless as static tiles as anything else.
I think your theory is correct and they are useless. May be the same as the "static" tiles beyond 0x4000 which used to be animations before the anim0.mul was introduced. But I'm not 100% sure about this.

neizarr

Wanderer
Oh, you will start to feel really old with that alias when they discontinue having floppy disks in computers to the extent that someone comes to you with the question... "What is a floppydisk?" hehe ;)

I am running into a problem and havent seen a post about this if there was already sorry.
Here is what is happening i set the paths for files. All the buttons in the tool menu will load but the art button. Here is the error it is giving me.... Division by zero. Lost not sure what to do. I have the updated muleditor and running runuo 2.

floppydisc

Sorceror
That could be caused by an invalid/damaged art.mul, artidx.mul or tiledata.mul .... but that is only my guess from the points you mentioned. It's just something you could start with to check ;)

okay thanks. i hope thats not it...think i would have to reinstall uo then. buggers. hehe. i could still get art tiles just the error came up. also incase anyone doesnt know this like i didnt but, be absolutely sure to close down your muleditor before trying to restart the server. with the restart and having my mul opened it was going through and removing every item anyone had equiped or worn. probably some sort of menu thing i was on at the time. but anyways just a lil hint. leave it to me to find out hehe. but, im pretty sure its in floppydics' notes of what to do. was late and tired.
thanks again floppy. will be doing testing and getting used to it on a different runuo file. but love what i see :) .

eusounoob

Wanderer
help to use it

i need help :D
hey, i dont achive make wearables by the common mode (Add Wearable)
have other mode of make wearables, or other program easy to make wearables?? :confused:

Hazey

Wanderer
Alright, I built a complete town, and I hit save. When I log into UO I see this town when I go to the location but I cannot move around. How do I make the client relize the changes have been made? I know I have to create some Verdata.mul but im not seeing how I do that.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Verdata.mul is no longer used, and in order for the client to see it, the client must have downloaded the patched mul files, or have them manually installed.

Hazey

Wanderer
Alright, you told me what to do but the question is how?
I got it on my map visually but not physically, you see it but can't run around on it and what not. How exactly do I install the changes to the game.

HellRazor

Knight
Hazey;631185 said:
Alright, I built a complete town, and I hit save. When I log into UO I see this town when I go to the location but I cannot move around. How do I make the client relize the changes have been made? I know I have to create some Verdata.mul but im not seeing how I do that.

It sounds like your client and server are using 2 different sets of files.

You need to make sure your server is using the same files (or a copy of the same files) as your client so that both the client and the server are "seeing" the same world.

Map0.mul, Statics0.mul, and Staidx0.mul are the 3 files used for the Trammel/Felucca map.

adrielbr

Wanderer
suposing that i have some house in britain and i want to put this house in yew, i want to copy it and put it in yew, how can i make this?

and this house and its itens are all in the stactics file.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Well, theoretically you can select a bunch of statics and move them around (using numpad and +/- for altitude). I'll include a "move by offset" function in the next version. Copy&Paste is currently not available. Maybe I'll even implement that into the next version.

remnant

Wanderer
Please work on the interface in the next one.

For example, window positions should save. There should not be so many windows. You should be able to close unwanted toolbars. The Art Browser should be dockable. Perhaps make it so you can assign groups of terrain tiles so you can choose them quickly rather than having to drag them into the pool over and over.

I really like this program and use it in conjunction with UO Landscaper to put finishing touches on maps, but there are some interface flaws that make the program more cumbersome than it should be.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Making the art browser dockable sounds like a good idea, I'll think about it.
The Mul-File-List and the Navigator can both be closed via the view menu.
And regarding the tile groups: Look in the MulEditor\ArtFilter directory. There is a readme and an example how you can create groups. Just copy that example XML and modify it to your needs. (It has to be in that directory and must have the .xml extension)