RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MulEditor

Streamz

Wanderer
:S in dont understand u :(, i saved the bmp in 16 bits, 8bits... but nothing, the same error "Stream read".

Any can help me?

Regards

floppydisc

Sorceror
Stream Read Error? How exactly do you try to open that file? You should double click the gump entry, and select "Gump --> Load from Bitmap" from the menu.

LordHogFred

Knight
I'm getting Tiledata problems :confused:.

I can add new artwork to the game that works fine, however any info I put inot my tiledata.mul doesn't have any effect. The new artwork still displays a blank name and has no properties that I set such as Impassable.
I've tried both editing the MUL files directly and using Verdata patches thorugh ConnectUO but neither seems to work.

Any ideas?

floppydisc

Sorceror
Did you edit the right entries? Art and Tiledata entries are pairs ... if you add a static art at $1234, you have to edit the static tiledata entry $1234. If you did that, you should also update the tiledata.mul used by your server.

LordHogFred

Knight
floppydisc;708698 said:
Did you edit the right entries? Art and Tiledata entries are pairs ... if you add a static art at $1234, you have to edit the static tiledata entry $1234. If you did that, you should also update the tiledata.mul used by your server.

I changed the correct entries.
The problem may be my servers set up, I made the same edits to my server but I'll double check when I get home.
Cheers :),

didymus

Wanderer
Just a quick question: Are static animations defined in the client?

I'm trying to get the crystals from 0x2206 to animate through to 0x220E, I've set the animate flag, and they show up in "inside uo" as being set to animated, but in game they do not animate. I've checked all the other static animations( Winch, Spinning wheel, etc), and I can find no difference.

floppydisc

Sorceror
There is another file which controls the animation: animdata.mul which is unfortunately currently not supported by MulEditor. Afaik TDV Mulpatcher is able to handle this file.

use Mulpatcher

go into animdata file - find the 1st one of the series and then modify it to have how many frames, and which each from is

only need to do this for the one you are using for the animations, the other in the animation should not be changed, this way can place something that is not animated also

XeonCim

Wanderer
Two quick questions regarding the Defragment-option in MulEditor. After using CentrED to do delete alot of stuff, I tried to defrag the Map/Statics using MulEditor (because that's what Hitman suggested here).

1. Which defrag option is the correct one, if I want to defragment statics0.mul? I'm not sure whether to use right click and defrag on Art, or if I have to load the map and select defrag from the file menu.

2. So far, I've been trying both. When defragmenting Art/texture via right click, the file size doesn't change (I assume this means this doesn't affect statics0.mul). However, when trying to defrag using File => Defragment (after opening the Map), MulEditor freezes after a few seconds, at about 1/5th of the defragmentation process.

Any idea where I'm going wrong? :)
Thanks in advance for any help! :)

regards, Xeon

floppydisc

Sorceror
The Defrag option in the MapEditor part is the right one. The one you get when right-clicking Art is to defrag the art.mul.
Have you tried to wait a bit after it has been frozen? It could be that only the GUI freezes but the defragmentation continues (it's been a while since I last looked at the source :D). If it doesn't work just wait until the weekend when I have the time to release the promised command line tools. (But don't forget that this means there will be no GUI ... so you better can handle the command line ;))

XeonCim

Wanderer
floppydisc;724078 said:
The Defrag option in the MapEditor part is the right one. The one you get when right-clicking Art is to defrag the art.mul.
Have you tried to wait a bit after it has been frozen? It could be that only the GUI freezes but the defragmentation continues (it's been a while since I last looked at the source :D). If it doesn't work just wait until the weekend when I have the time to release the promised command line tools. (But don't forget that this means there will be no GUI ... so you better can handle the command line ;))

I left everything running for about 10 minutes. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be anything going on on the harddisk, so I'm pretty sure it's a hangup, not just a problem with a GUI. I will give it another try though, and give it like 30 mins (which I guess should really do it, if it's only the GUI).

I grew up with DOS, so I hope I can handle a command line ;);)

Thanks for your reply! (And for your great tools ^^).

simple question about this

what benifits are there from defraging the map or the art file?
Just that they would load on some one's system a little faster?

Or is there some greater beifit? like smoother operation of the server, or maybe fixing something else, etc?

Just wondering

floppydisc

Sorceror
If you edit these files a lot, they will grow and grow and grow ... but they will never shrink. It's simply because you can't split up individual blocks, so if a block grows you have to "move" it to the end of the file. As performance would considerably drop, the blocks between the just modified one and the end of the file are not moved, therefore everytime a larger (or new) block is written, the file grows whereas it keeps its size even if blocks are deleted. In normal-day usage this doesn't matter much, but when you use for example CentrED it can be a difference of several megabyte. This only affects the indexed files ofcourse (in the case of CentrED this is the statics*.mul).

thanks

So normal misc usage once in a while of freezing, etc would not normaly be a concern then

one of these days i have toest out CenterED
downloaded it, necver used :))

Same here I grabbed it cuz it looked badass but then I never did anything with it lol. I had no idea about that defragging afterwards though good thing I happened to look before messing with anything lol.

XeonCim

Wanderer
Any news on when you will add defrag via command line into CentrED? I'm asking here because the forum on akdsb seems down :)

Jeebus Cripe

Wanderer
Grrrrr

I have been trying to figure out how to put custom art on my shard for a week now. I have used mulpatcher and got nowhere. I just used floppy's version and finally got my custom to show up in insideuo, ( I consider this a big break through ). But I still can't seem to get any custom art to show up on my shard. It only shows up as the un used tile. What in the world am I doing wrong here. I am at my wits end and I am at my wifes...lol. Please any help would greatly be appriciated. Oh, and when I do name my art and it shows up in insideuo it still says unlabled. :confused: :confused: :confused:

LightShade

Sorceror
What settings do you have to check to make it so that a static cannot be walked through...? Impassable doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me, is there more to it than that?

floppydisc

Sorceror
Impassable should be fine, but don't forget that after such changes, the clients and the server will need the new tiledata.mul. (or at least the necessary updates to this file).