RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old movies Mangler

Slayer706

Sorceror
His theory is working well actually. It states that only the strongest will survive and reproduce. I think we can tell that Draegen hasn't done the latter yet. So until Draegen dies from old age and/or has a child, his theory has not yet been proven false.

Rhexis

Knight
Im fairly sure I said this here before..but that theory is due for a bit of reform. Not because its not true, but because the definition of what is 'strong' is changing. To be able to provide for a family no longer consists of being able-bodied enough to hunt a deer and trade the pelt for local goods. Now to be able to provide is a matter of money with little muscle involved (unless your chosen profession requires it ie a well paid construction worker). So Darwin's theory should really only be placed into the scheme where there is a void where we humans have filled in society and economy.

Though you might also want to factor in that some women nowadays idiotically choose men based solely on looks with no consideration for the fact there wont be any brains contributed at all. Thats not to say Draegen's mother was one such, I wouldnt presume to slander an innocent woman who cant even defend herself. Just food for thought.

[/$0.02]

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well "strong" is indeed a word that can be taken many ways. You can be mentally strong, physically strong, neither, or both.
But, I think what he meant was the one best suited to the society or species. "Strong" in one species might be "weak" in another. In human society, if you take the word strong for its face value, then the theory is flawed. However, I think he meant something much deeper though.

Slayer706 said:
His theory is working well actually. It states that only the strongest will survive and reproduce. I think we can tell that Draegen hasn't done the latter yet. So until Draegen dies from old age and/or has a child, his theory has not yet been proven false.
hehehehehe, but Joeku's right, ya'll are mixing up the two. Although they are related, and one is actually part of the other (forget which tho)

Slayer706

Sorceror
Natural Selection is the basis of evolution, and the Theory of Evolution is the explaination of how organisms evolved into more complex ones. Really the only difference is that one describes the origin of life and the other is just stating it as a rule.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Rhexis said:
Not because its not true

It isn't true. All of that shit Darwin came up with was something that he thought might be a logical explanation for what was going on. Unfortunatly, he was wrong.

Evolution is wrong.

WarAngel said:
It isn't true. All of that shit Darwin came up with was something that he thought might be a logical explanation for what was going on. Unfortunatly, he was wrong.

Evolution is wrong.

Really, well i guess your mysterious being in the heavens who can do such great powers is so much more belivable.... no Evolution isnt untrue, learn before you spout shit outta your motuh.

bzk90

Lord
War Angel there is this thing, its called the gravitational theory...

Most things humans accept as truths are just theories, think about that.

Manu

Knight
WarAngel said:

Evolution is wrong.

The theory works perfectly with animals. Animals change and evolve, to find better ways to survive in their enviroment.

Humans dont do that any more, at least not in the scale animals do. We change our enviroment to fit US, not us to fit our enviroment.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Not a single person has ever proved Darwin's theory with anything more than ideas, suggestions, and possibilities.

There is no hard evidence to prove his theory. Do you know what kind of evidence we should be finding? Species that have died out because they randomly mutated into a more "evolved" form of their species but died because their new features weren't the fittest. We should find fossils in the ground of multiple species that look similar but at the same time have slight differentiations due to random genetic mutation, yet after all of our archaeological finds in the past few decades, we have found none.

You know what else no one can explain? Where all this shit came from. In order to begin this process of random mutation (even though I think it's false), Darwin explained that it is required that we have very basic evolutionary slime or sludge. What he doesn't explain is where this "sludge" comes from, or how, by random mutation, the eye is formed. Not even a computer can simulate an organ such as the eye, the most complex of human organs, being formed by random genetic mutation. It is too perfect to have been created by randomness.

You can argue with me saying "his theory is right" and "some theories become accepted" but until I see some actual evidence and not just "it probably happened this way" bullshit, I will completely disagree.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Manu said:
The theory works perfectly with animals. Animals change and evolve, to find better ways to survive in their enviroment.

Humans dont do that any more, at least not in the scale animals do. We change our enviroment to fit US, not us to fit our enviroment.

What change has the human body made in the past thousand years that makes us fit our environment?

Umm even The Catholic Church, The first and strongest critic of evoltuion, belives in some of it. Alot of it has been disproved, yes, but many of it remains to be disproved and it explains things that nothing else can, thru logic instead of faith.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Umm even The Catholic Church, The first and strongest critic of evoltuion, belives in some of it.

Such as?

Alot of it has been disproved, yes, but many of it remains to be disproved

Then why are liberals in our government insisting it still be taught in its entirity?

and it explains things that nothing else can, thru logic instead of faith.

Like what? That the eye evolved from a pile of sludge, except no one knows how it did that or where the sludge came from?

#1: They belive in mutation and adaptation of human beings. Obviously, they still belive we were created, but one cannot deny that we have changed over the years.

#2: I am a liberal, and belive in it to some extent and do not wish it to be taught at all.

#3: The fact that we are still living despite things that would have killed off primitive humans based on foresnic studies of what is left of them (I admit a corpse hundreds of years old is a far shot, though)

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
#1: They belive in mutation and adaptation of human beings. Obviously, they still belive we were created, but one cannot deny that we have changed over the years.

No. They allow for the possibility that it evolved or mutated from previous forms if the person so chooses to believe that. They are concerned about the person's soul, which does not evolve.

#2: I am a liberal, and belive in it to some extent and do not wish it to be taught at all.

Cool. We need more of you.

#3: The fact that we are still living despite things that would have killed off primitive humans based on foresnic studies of what is left of them (I admit a corpse hundreds of years old is a far shot, though)

Wow. Forensic studies of remains that might not even be human! (Lucy, anyone?)

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel said:
Then why are liberals in our government insisting it still be taught in its entirity?
The same reason that the conservatives (at least in my state) insist on teaching Intelligent Design.

Joeku

Lord
FYI Microevolution != Macroevolution.

www.dictionary.com said:
mi·cro·ev·o·lu·tion
n.
Evolution resulting from a succession of relatively small genetic variations that often cause the formation of new subspecies.

mac·ro·ev·o·lu·tion
n.
Large-scale evolution occurring over geologic time that results in the formation of new taxonomic groups.
If you do believe in Christianity or any of the other "Big 3", you'd also have to believe in microevolution.

For instance, how did one man (probably olive-skinned) have so many diversely-colored descendants (yellow, black, white, brown, olive...)? The answer is simple: microevolution. Africans would have naturally adapted to the sun and heat, giving them darker skin. Europeans would have done the same for their climate. Still, in spite of skin color, shape, size, weight, build, or ANY of that stuff, ALL human beings' DNA is 99% completely identical.

MACROEVOLUTION, on the other hand, is a crock of shit IMHO.

A_Li_N

Knight
WarAngel said:
Not a single person has ever proved Darwin's theory with anything more than ideas, suggestions, and possibilities.
Not a single person has ever proved the theory of God (in all senses of the word), either...and by your logic, it means that all religion is 100% wrong.

I believe in Faith. I believe in Evolution. We have evolved. Our lifespans are a lot longer now than they were 200 years ago. We are a taller people now as well. "That's because of new technologies and what not" you say? You can't differentiate the 'changes' we've made from an 'evolution'. We've adapted to better server ourselves; it's evolution.

The eye didn't 'evolve from sludge', it was an adaptation from a previous organism. The 'sludge' was started by having the right conditions on the Earth after the volcanoes spewed the right kind of gasses, being the right distance from the Sun and so many other variables. Just because you can't comprehend the tiny possibility that the settings were just right, doesn't mean that they weren't. Also, the eye didn't just 'form in its current state'. It started as a tiny hole that allowed some comprehension of the outside world to be depicted, visualy, into the brain. Computers have done this, as well as so many other 'human' characteristics.

If you want a debate, start debating. If you want to be stupid, keep with the 'I'm 100% correct because' attitude.