RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old movies Mangler

Yeah, well I say teach Neither in schools. Let them pray if they want, thats their right as a human being, but dont teach Intelligent Design and dont teach Evolution. Yeah Evolution is a scientific theory and thus is usually taught in science, but that doesn't mean you should have kids giving up their respective faiths because the teacher, who they see as an authority figure is teaching that the religion they were raised in is wrong. It is a decision they should make on their own.

That being said, parents should not try and force religion down their throats either. Comments like "You better belive in god or you're going to hell" "Don't belive that man from monkey nonsense" Or "straighten up and stop that blasphemous talk or I'm kicking you out" isnt letting your child make his own decision either. I am an atheist, I belive in evolution to some extent, yet my mother thinks I am christian again, because it is one of the conditions to liove under her roof. That is very wrong, imo.

bzk90

Lord
saix?

south african internet exchange?
a small village north of vienne (spanish allows me to read some italian! woot)

Joeku

Lord
Anti-Basic said:
Yeah, well I say teach Neither in schools. Let them pray if they want, thats their right as a human being, but dont teach Intelligent Design and dont teach Evolution. Yeah Evolution is a scientific theory and thus is usually taught in science, but that doesn't mean you should have kids giving up their respective faiths because the teacher, who they see as an authority figure is teaching that the religion they were raised in is wrong. It is a decision they should make on their own.

That being said, parents should not try and force religion down their throats either. Comments like "You better belive in god or you're going to hell" "Don't belive that man from monkey nonsense" Or "straighten up and stop that blasphemous talk or I'm kicking you out" isnt letting your child make his own decision either. I am an atheist, I belive in evolution to some extent, yet my mother thinks I am christian again, because it is one of the conditions to liove under her roof. That is very wrong, imo.
I second that. Completely.

BeneathTheStars said:
Next debate: How did existence start?

I mean boom, universe is here. How fucking insane is that! Woooo
The universe started when I was born. It revolves around me. The constant stroke of me beating off is what keeps everything in balance.